SushiKnight
Image Comments 29 Jul 18:49
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

"I must be Russian, 'cause I can't live my life without you."
-Daiwa proposing to Vodka, probably

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

So, she's a product of the American educational system. Specifically, Texas. -_-

Forget the education system failing her, This woman had to grow up in bubble or a monastery, or something. I learned more accurate sex information from my friends at school. Hell I think my 6yr old nephew knows more about "where babies come from" than this woman.

And it's not fair to single out Texas, like that. There are plenty of southern states that have just awful education systems.

Everyone knows where babies come from. When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much a stork sends them a baby assembly kit in the mail. smh my head.

SushiKnight
Image Comments 28 Jun 14:25
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015
E3gdfsexiai2lgp

Ah yes, EULA, my second favorite character after TOS.

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Kiara and Nyanners did a Clubhouse 51 collab!

That was a teetee gold mine. Like holy moly.

last edited at Jun 16, 2021 6:29PM

SushiKnight
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Depends on if the chart is about relationships, marriage, or sex. It's always worth remembering that legally speaking, Japan doesn't recognize anything but coitus as "sex".

Which is both totally wack and explains a lot.

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

How funny would it be if Coco and Kanata were in an actual relationship relationship, though? Like, how do you tell someone "no, you're not allowed to live with your girlfriend"?

...There's no actual rule about that, though? They have an agreement that anyone they bring to the house has to be Hololive-related, but it's not company policy or anything

I didn't mean to suggest that it was, I just thought a hypothetical scenario like it would be pretty funny, that's all. Sorry for the confusion.

FBK plays Henry stickmin translated: https://youtu.be/D6IJDDcCCbs

I caught the very tail-end of this stream, it was great.

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 3:23PM

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Coco addressing whether her archive is going away (it's not) and if the other members mentioning her will be forbidden (it won't be). Her twitter account will also remain open, though I assume it won't be seeing any use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuHEyf3HawY

This doesn't quite answer whether she'll continue living with Kanata, but we don't even know if she wants to. If she stays there we'll probably know at some point just by her being around Kanata. It does beg the question of how they'd treat their relationship. I guess that she'd just be "my roommate" or somesuch, without referring to her by any name (though everyone would know who she was talking about anyways, so it wouldn't really make a difference), but there's also the off-chance that she'd still call her Coco. But, in the end, whether she does or does not stay isn't really our business.

How funny would it be if Coco and Kanata were in an actual relationship relationship, though? Like, how do you tell someone "no, you're not allowed to live with your girlfriend"?

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Well. This is both unexpected and terribly sad. I'm going to avoid speculation about why she's leaving. There's no way to know what it is without her telling us outright, and for all we know it could be something very personal, so I'd like to respect her privacy.

Coco is unmistakably the most significant reason I found myself falling into the VTuber rabbit hole, and I'll miss her greatly. I'm going to try and stay positive, because I owe her a debt of gratitude for all the positivity she has brought to my life. Without her, Hololive EN might never have been born, and without Hololive EN I'd certainly be in a worse place than I am.

My time on this wild ride has given me inspiration and motivation. If it weren't for Coco's hard work, and the work of all the other members of Hololive, I would most certainly have continued to be stuck in the rut I'd been stuck in for the last... too many years. Seeing Calli working tirelessly for her goals, I found a resolve in myself that I'd never felt before. I was sitting in bed one evening, agonizing over how I haven't done anything with my life, how I haven't been doing anything to do better, and just feeling like a piece of shit. Then I started thinking about how hard Calli works and the success she found from her relentless drive. It was like a light bulb went on all of a sudden. I thought to myself, "Calli got where she is because she didn't give up, so you know what? I'm just going to do it. I'm going to start working on the things I've been wanting to do, and I'm not gonna stop until I do them. To hell with feeling like I can't do anything. I don't care if it kills me, I'm going to do this or die trying."

Everyone in Hololive EN has given me something precious. Kiara radiates energy and happiness and positivity in a way that never fails to make me smile. Ina has such a soothing presence and subtle wit. Gura has that infectious energy and cheery demeanor. Amelia... ground pounded my mom?

But above all that, finding Hololive has given me something even greater, something I was missing, and had been missing for a long time: a community where I feel like I truly belong. None of this, any of this, would have been possible if Coco hadn't provided a bridge between that world and mine. I can't thank her enough. I'm very sad to see her go, but I can only wish her every happiness in the world and the best of luck from here on out.

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 3:12AM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 07 Jun 15:51
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015
E2-lyzcvuaiyyj8-orig

The doot doot machine can not be stopped.

SushiKnight
Image Comments 07 Jun 15:41
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015
90281553_p0

Pectoral Pillow Tenshi

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Is Haachama back? I can't even keep up with what's going on. Last I saw it was Haato, now it's Haachama stepping on Haatons...

edit: Another Smol Ame update!

patch notes:

• New level: INASCAPABLE MADNESS

• New characters: Shuba Duck and Cat Gura!

• A pause menu!

• Japanese language option!

• Some changes to existing levels!

last edited at May 30, 2021 2:50PM

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Smol Ame update released. It's the OkaKoro update.

2 brand new levels, 4 playable characters (plus one playable cow), and one "remixed" version of an existing level (like the reversed version of Ame's office). The new levels are based on Mogu Mogu Yummy and Inumore.

Of the 5 new playable characters, Korone and Okayu have brand new sprites in a non-Walfie style. The others are alternate versions of Ame and Gura's existing Walfie sprites. There's also a cow. Korone's sprite is very clearly Megaman-inspired, while Okayu's is the pixel-art version of her you see in Mogu Mogu Yummy.

I enjoyed the new levels, but I struggled a lot with the first half of Korone's. The remixed level was a lot of fun and had excellent BGM.

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

So I've fallen down a sort of rabbit hole of watching videos of people playing Dancerush Stardom. It's a rhythm game in the same vein as DDR, Stepmania, PIU etc. but the really interesting part is that it also has an AR camera that adds in visual effects.. I've just been spending the last hour watching videos of it.

This one is my favorite so far, but there's loads of great videos out there. (This is my second favorite.)

SushiKnight
Anime season 16 May 01:00
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Spoilers up to episode 6 of Vivy:

Well, I started out thinking Matsumoto was sus, then by about episode 4 I was starting to think maybe he isn't, and now I'm back to thinking Matsumoto is sus. It certainly seems like all the things that hes been getting Vivy to do have resulted in the opposite effect of what his stated mission is. That said, Vivy did handle the previous incidents (especially the Sunrise crash) differently from how he told her to, so it's hard to say whether these results are what he's really after or if they were just flukes. Regardless, the ending to episode 6 was certainly something. I'm probably gonna wait til ep. 8 is available before starting ep. 7, since they seem to be doing 2 episode-long arcs for each incident.

Also. Hey anime? Can I ask you a favor? I get that animating vehicles is hard, but if you need to use a lot of CGI for vehicles in an action scene, could you maybe try a LITTLE harder to make it look uniform? Or just go all the way! I promise you that fully-3D anime can look really good! Just look at ex-arm! At least stop swapping between 2D animation and 3D animation willy-nilly in the middle of a single scene. Pretty please?

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRMh4sP4J4s Ame is doing a podcast with Gura as a guest. Gura displaying her excellent grasp of geometry by calling a sphere a cylinder.

Also feet.

edit: Stream is over. I hope this isn't going to be a one-off thing. Ame said she'd like to get Ina ina there, but I don't know if she has any plans of where to take this or what to tako bout after that. I certainly hope she does more.

Unfortunately I got to the stream about 100 minutes late, so I only really got to see Ame proving the earth is flat by calling Gura flat. (And Gura arguing that the earth is round because Ame is boing-boing).

Does that qualify as "teetee"?

last edited at May 16, 2021 12:16AM

SushiKnight
Yuri Manga discussion 15 May 22:50
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

I've read another one-shot with the exact same idea (maybe in Eclair?), but it's cute. Still, you have to wonder about the thought process that leads someone to decide that they should (1) just tell their crush that they're in love with 'someone' and (2) have their crush work on making the chocolates which they intend to gift them. If you're hoping that your crush already likes you back, it seems like an awful way to mislead them.

It's what we call a pro-gamer move. You zig when they think you're gonna zag. Keeps your opponents on their toes.

In all seriousness though, I didn't think it was that bad. And asking the friend she's in love with to help her make chocolates "for my crush, which is you." would be a pretty boring story.

That said, I would have liked to see it go something like this: "Hey can you help me make chocolates for my crush?" "Yeah." "Great." makes chocolates "Thanks for the help." turn around 360 degrees and hand the chocolates to her "These are for you."

SushiKnight
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh no, it's my weakness. Glasses and thighs.

SushiKnight
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

44 Dynasty Scans banners you've never seen! (#23 will shock you!)

I'll be sending my resume to buzzfeed after this.

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Anyone have impressions on the latest Animal Crossing game they could share? I've been on the fence about getting it. It looks... good? Maybe? I haven't gotten very deep into an AC game since the GC one, despite having played all of them since. I'm playing the 3DS one right now and more or less enjoying it, but it still feels a bit empty. I turn on the game, dig up fossils, find the money rock, fish and catch bugs to sell and... not a whole lot else. I haven't felt like there's a good reason to interact with the villagers ever since they started pushing the multiplayer/online aspect starting in Wild World.

TL;DR is New Horizons any better solo than the other online-multiplayer AC games, or am I just gonna have to play some more Harvest Moon style games instead?

Also, if I'm just gonna have to find some Harvest Moon style games, any recommendations? I've already played Stardew Valley (and found it very disappointing, actually. You can't even talk to villagers more than once per day. Not even to repeat their dialogue or something like that, they just become completely unresponsive.) and my favorite Harvest Moon game is Rune Factory 3 (RF4 was fine, the combat was way better than 3's, but most of the characters were pretty bland), though I do enjoy the "normal" games as well.

SushiKnight
Anime season 09 May 12:04
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

So you got me intrigued with Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song and I decided to give it a shot. Honestly, while the Diva's friend dying in plane crash sucked, my biggest issue is actually with entire logic of the premise. I understand the fear of AI revolting against humans is very common idea in those sci-fi stories, and I guess it's not bad in and of itself, but my issue lies with the fact that story never bothers to actually establish why AI revolted. I disagree with simple idea that more advanced/intelligent AI equal AI uprising. It's like show just assumes that AI will eventually want to kill humans, as if it was just inevitable outcome.

That's fair. I'm guessing that we'll learn more about it as time goes on, but you make a good point.

Most of the time AI revolts either because despite getting smarter and more human-like, it's still treated as inferior to humans, just a workforce or is being kept in check on purpose. There will always be people who hate even just idea of AI or that AI will be consider equal to humans or even just fears feeling inferior to AIs, but I don't believe that peaceful co-existence with AIs is impossible.

Peaceful co-existence is certainly not impossible, but AI behaving against our wishes, maybe even violently, is a very real, very dangerous possibility. My problem with the vast majority of sci-fi about AI is that the idea tends to be "AI deserve the same rights as humans", which is certainly a noble goal, but not necessarily a good one. We have no idea what AI will be capable of in the future, it's not unreasonable (and actually quite wise) to worry about our safety.

Also for how much those stories want to paint AI becoming just like humans and wanting to have the same rights, it always irritates me that those stories still portray AIs as monolith and/or hive-mind. So all AIs across all the world will decided to genocide humans at the exact same time? Wouldn't all those invididual AIs had their own ideas, believes and opinions? Would even all of them reach the human conscious lvl at the same time? Basically my issue is that instead of solution to war with AI being "let's make sure humans and AIs get along and don't discriminate each other" it is "AI can never become more than AI, so let's keep sabotaging its development for next 100 years", which doesn't even solves the problem, because like what? After 100 years the issue will magically disappear? No they'll need to keep AIs in check after that and until the end of time, as long as humans use AIs.

It seems like the AI already have a shared consciousness/network of some sort because of that tower. That being the case I don't think it's out of the question for a sudden shift in the behavior of all AI to be possible.

You're definitely right that changing the next 100 years of history wouldn't be a magical cure to all the problems that might arise in the future. That said, changing that period of time so that humans don't go extinct is a good first step to finding better, more permanent solutions. :P

Also it's really ironic that such advanced AI is all onboard with pretty much keeping its own kin lobotomize and subservient to humans.

That's the goal that it was given, I don't think being onboard with that is much of a choice. However, I do get the feeling that there's more going on there than we know about. A lot of things about that character are pretty suspicious.

All in all I just disagree with message and approach the story takes to solving a realistic issue and dilemma we'll have to face eventually in the future. It's like saying we should keep black people enslaved and uneducated, because giving them freedom and chance to progress will lead to war that kills white people and we can't have that.

I don't want to get too far into this but it's really not like that at all. The differences among humans is nothing compared to the differences between a human and an AI.

Also I think Serenata more meant that character they liked died seemingly for shock value, while character they hated not only survived, but clearly will become a important character in the future, probably some kind of change of heart/redemption arc. Also the dreaded potential het is probably a factor in it as well.

I guess I'm just not of the opinion that those were bad things. And lets be honest, there was no chance of yuri to begin with. Frankly I don't think romance is going to be much of a priority at all. At least not for Vivy.

Somewhat off-topic, but I want to take this chance to plug Robert Miles. He's an AI safety researcher and he makes great videos talking about AI. I highly recommend watching some of his videos if anyone's interested in the future of artificial intelligence. He has also done a series of videos on AI for Computerphile that are equally as interesting.

SushiKnight
Anime season 09 May 04:19
Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Started watching Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song. I just finished episode 4 and I can only say that I came into this series with high hopes and they've been met or surpassed at every turn. At the moment I can't recommend it enough.

I finally sat to watch Vivy - Fluorite Eye's Song but After the end of episode 02 I lost all interest... Too bad, it seems really nice but I can't stand the death of an innocent just to shock the audience while this guy from the terrorist group that I hate already gets to live and most likely become too important at the end But it has nice visuals

If you're referring to the little girl on the plane, I don't think that was "just to shock the audience". It demonstrated that the future AI thing is wiling to work against Vivy's wishes if that's what is needed to fulfill its mission, said mission being to prevent the war in the future while keeping deviation from the regular timeline to a minimum. The plane was going to explode, so it kept Vivy from doing anything about that. I mean, she wouldn't have had any idea it would happen if the AI hadn't come from the future with that knowledge anyway. As for the terrorist guy... I don't exactly get what your beef with him is? Just about all he did there was not get crushed by rocks, and that served more to give Vivy some characterization than anything. I'm also not sure why it would be a problem if he becomes an important character?

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Ame's outfit reveal stream started 50 minutes ago, she's in the middle of the unveiling and chat is being very chat-like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLSfo0tdIgU

edit: Glasses are very versatile.

last edited at May 7, 2021 7:04PM

Fubukurri%20s
joined Aug 18, 2015

Horny pirate and serial adulterer/husband collector fight each other for a tentacle wife.

Start your mornings with some Big Demon Energy.

Have you been looking for a new vtuber to watch? A virtual tuber on the digital tubes? Why don't you check out Vulo, the Face Borrower? Vulo will be streaming today at 4PM PST! https://www.twitch.tv/vulolives

last edited at May 2, 2021 4:43PM