Forum › A Room For Two discussion

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

They both are really getting all grown. I'd to see them as a girlfriends soon. Hope who will be the one is going to confess...

The central conceit of the series is that this is never going to happen. We're as close as sanely possible.They've had conversations about how they feel about each other, they plan to live together indefinitely and (most importantly in my opinion) they regularly kiss and tell each other they love each other. They co-inhabit on a permanent basis and have no other partners. A reasonable tax auditor should probably mark them down in the records as "common-law couple."

But you are right in that we never quite have that ritualized and absolutely unambiguous "yes I consider you my girlfriend, and you consider me your girlfriend." They do not consummate their relationship with sex as far as we can see. Everyone who forgets this lack of declaration forgets the central theme of A Room For Two. This series deliberately showcases a romantic relationship that doesn't use the traditional symbols of sex or the standard form of ritualized declaration.

This is far more obvious now that we have couples who have gotten together through more conventional ways like simply asking each other out.

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 2:02PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I just wonder why Kasumi believes a shirt and pants are somehow less hot than a swimsuit. It should be the reverse.

Oooh! (puts on physics professor glasses)

Blah blah bah, another lecture about stuff everyone knows.
I know that wearing more clothes in hot regions can be cooler/prevent being burned alive (why else would people in the Middle East be wearing full body outfits and turbans). But in this context there is barely a case to be made. Those pants aren't going to do anything a bikini bottom won't do too. Or look at Sakurako's frilly bikini. It covers more and has the advantage of being air funnelling.
Kasumi's shirt being bright and thus not absorbing heat is fine, but a white bikini is nothing unusual. The only advantage of this shirt is that it gets so soaked with sweat that a breeze will cool her down easily (which will have her catch a cold real fast). Brilliant.

Man. Just....Just screw you. Fuck me for trying to explain something you explicitly asked about. Also, LookingEast is right, you're factually wrong.

A white t-shirt and light colored shorts can definitely be cooler at the beach than a bikini. People dress that way and experience this all the time. The sun on directly on your skin can heat you up more than the sun bouncing off a white shirt.

And nobody's going to catch a cold on a beach on a hot, sunny summer day, for chrissakes.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Not related to anything but since Sakurako is an Uber-frau, I wonder how this series would be like if it focused in her outstanding abilities at times. I think that her Overwhelming love for Kasumi would still overshadow her outstanding abilities though

....now that I think about it there wouldn't be much of a difference at all

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Who need a double bed anyway ?

Even they eventually got a bigger one, though. Always nice to have more room. And, of course, two beds are out of the question.

(Take it here because it concern Futaribeya)Funny enough but in the physical release, the three quarter bed became a full size bed. If it doesn't change too much in length (188cm for a full and 191cm for a 3/4) it's quite the big deal in width because we go from a 122cm for a 3/4 to 137cm for a full.

joined Oct 27, 2018

The two leads are almost starting to seem like weird robots to me, with no actual human desires of their own, they are just robots who where programmed to stay near each other, and that's it that's their entire personality. Although I am aiming this more towards Sakurako, Kasumi has it too but to a lesser extent, at least she has the laziness thing going on, while Sakurako is nothing more than her servant android who does whatever Kasumi wants and has no actual desires of her own. The side characters are consistently more interesting than the leads, even ones that barely appear like Sakurako's older sister.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The two leads are almost starting to seem like weird robots to me, with no actual human desires of their own, they are just robots who where programmed to stay near each other, and that's it that's their entire personality. Although I am aiming this more towards Sakurako, Kasumi has it too but to a lesser extent, at least she has the laziness thing going on, while Sakurako is nothing more than her servant android who does whatever Kasumi wants and has no actual desires of her own. The side characters are consistently more interesting than the leads, even ones that barely appear like Sakurako's older sister.

That's like the entire story you describe buddy. It's too late to point that now. And how Sakurako is only see as stay near Kasumi ? She is the more sociable of the two. She is the one who do all the work beside getting the income which is where Kasumi shine.It's a narrow point of view of the manga, they're not just two peoples who are constantly one with another, th're two girls with plenty personnalities who live together.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This series really seems to function as some sort of Rorschach test. Some people see Kasumi’s laziness at home and are totally blind to the fact that she works hard and often.

They look at Sakurako’s devotion to Kasumi and don’t see that she’s friendly with lots of people, and also a caretaker for her family.

Some can even look at a de facto married couple and still wonder when they’ll start dating.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

@KawaiiSuika

Was that an attempt at trolling?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

no actual desires of her own.

Pffftahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ch.58 Raw out Get ready for some Kasumi hair change. It will match Sakurako hair in a way.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This series really seems to function as some sort of Rorschach test.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ If I were a mod, I'd abuse my powers and delete that image just because I don't like it.

last edited at Aug 27, 2019 3:12PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ It's the only time he smiles in the whole comic, though.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

HAIR!

joined Oct 27, 2018

@KawaiiSuika

Was that an attempt at trolling?

No, that's how I really feel, everything just feels weirdly automatic. Kasumi complains, about it being to hot or just having to do something, then Sakurako says something mildly perverted and then proclaims her dedication to Kasumi for the ten billionth time. Rinse and repeat, although to be fair, this is a gag manga, and I normally hate gag manga, I think I tricked myself into liking it, because of the yuri and the frequent updates, now that the frequent updates are gone my interest is starting to bottom out, oh well.

joined May 20, 2013

The power foundation typo is very funny, though for some reason it makes me sad she dyed her hair.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Really rare to see the "how dare you be different theme!" addressed in manga. Well, not that it seems to bother any of them ^^

joined Feb 23, 2016

I liked it when she had her natural hair... why .. whyy!? God dammit author! Why you do this to us

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I think I know what Sakurako wants to do. She wants to do Kasumi

joined Dec 30, 2018

Nooooooooooooooooo
Why did she dye her hair
She looked so gay with her blond hair
Nooooooooooooooooo

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

When i read the raw, i legit take some time to understand it was Kasumi. So isthe hair dye definitive or did she will switch back at one time ?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Presumably she's dyed her hair because it will help her employment prospects if she doesn't look like a yankee. It makes sense in the context of the story, I don't understand why everyone has their shorts in a bunch over a dye job.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't understand why everyone has their shorts in a bunch over a dye job.

Probably just bored and needing attention, that's the worldwide leading cause of people being upset on teh Internets o3o

joined Mar 20, 2012

I kind of like that she dyed her hair. Thank God there aren't more characters or it would be a real challenge guessing who is who.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I think I know what Sakurako wants to do. She wants to do Kasumi

That's more like it yeah.

To reply you must either login or sign up.