Forum › Their Story discussion

joined Aug 16, 2019

what kind of sane person would use a fountain pain in answering a test

People of the years 1830-ish - 1950-ish.

It is still relevant as of today. For example people who are studying law often use fountain pen in my country. Even in their board exams.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I do. I paid £150 for it so I'm using it. I don't really see why you wouldn't.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Why did you pay £150 for a pen

joined Mar 24, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_pen#Popular_usage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_pen#Today

joined Jan 6, 2017

I'm an idiot that likes to spend money on mostly useless things. Also I accidentally typed £ instead of $, so it's a bit cheaper.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Fountain pens were absolutely standard when I went to school; in fact many teachers didn't permit anything else. Might be a German thing though.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I had to practice handwriting with one in primary/middle school, but I went to a pretty extra school. I think we even did some mild calligraphy with dip pens.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fancy school that spends time demanding good penmanship from their students would use fountain pens for almost everything.

joined Aug 26, 2018

Cool. I like fountain pen but my handwriting is ugly as hell thus I never buy one.

last edited at Nov 8, 2019 12:56PM

joined Aug 31, 2015

The lesson I learned that day was that you put the cap back on when you want to shake your pen.

This made me fish out my old trusty Parker pen (not used for at least a year or two), plug in a full cartridge and check that it still writes as smooth as on day one.

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

(https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_ch197)
The moral of this chapter is: "Next time, use a pencil. Preferably #2 pencil!" xD xD xD

Altar2
joined Jun 16, 2019

^In case you have been missing current events, the Chinese govt has been heavily censoring/incarcerating the stuff we read here.

Yeah no I didn't know, I'm sorry to hear that. From a European perspective things in China seem to just be getting worse and worse, going by what I see on the news and on Reddit. It's quite worrisome. It's kinda strange this never showed up on my radar with all the LGBT+ subreddits I follow. I'm very fortunate I was born in a tolerant country into a tolerant family where I can be out without having to worry about facing abuse and persecution. My heart goes out to all my LGBT+ brothers and sisters over there, and to those in other places and situations where being queer still isn't tolerated.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm glad to say that Mememade's new video Wholesome memes includes two panels from Their Story
More specifically, the scene where the upperclassman gives his jacket to Sun Jing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Who the fuck googles whether they can get through a fence ... kids these days ...

joined Jan 3, 2020

I prefer over-use of Google in modern fiction to under-use of it, though.

joined Feb 23, 2016

QT you outdid yourself

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm just glad she found her lo/

This wouldn't have happened if she used BING for answer :)))))))

That end of the year picture is amazing

last edited at Jan 8, 2020 8:43AM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Good to know she is still alive and kicking. I was really worried for both her and the future of this manga. Fuck homophobia man.

joined Jul 19, 2014

Enough teasing, I just need one simple kiss. That's all I ask.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Enough teasing, I just need one simple kiss. That's all I ask.

Take that up with the present hardcore reactionary leadership of the state.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I just realized that the moka plotline just kind of fizzed. Like I wanted to see moka confess to sun :(

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This gave me anxiety. I want to see that she got out.
Btw this series is good for the comedy and characters, so I don't care about the no romance.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This gave me anxiety. I want to see that she got out.
Btw this series is good for the comedy and characters, so I don't care about the no romance.

Some of these vignettes go on for two or three episodes, so we may see one or more rescue schemes put in effect, maybe even with Mophead’s help.

I shudder to think . . .

lol theyre so precious

To reply you must either login or sign up.