Forum › Their Story discussion

well, i mean.. that was a hella of a ride

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

imma cry bro this shit is too cute

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

gonna say it rn, fuck the Chinese goverment and fuck winnie the pooh's shitty fascist ass

last edited at Sep 9, 2021 4:54AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

gonna say it rn, fuck the Chinese goverment and fuck winnie the pooh's shitty fascist ass

Couldn't have said it better.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

where are the updates?

apparently this story has been censored by Ch*na. any lgbt-related works that gets reported will be taken down immediately. so that's probably why it hasnt gotten any updates

https://velvetrouge(.)tumblr(.)com/post/169814029146/regarding-the-issue-of-the-manhua-publication-i

just remove the (). no wonder the updates has only been about the dudes now. this fuckin sucks.

It's much more broad than that as well.

Current rules seem to be so strict you can't make games or any fictional products anymore without taking a huge risk. It's not just about LGBT stuff either. Violence is suspect. History is suspect. No sci-fi either, because it's probably somehow propaganda. Especially no time travel or alternative history.

China is going to level of censoring styles. They want characters gender to be immediately obvious. So for example, the tall tomboy girl here is kind of in that zone. So are the many fem-boy'ish characters in games, and tall girls who are kind of like "princes".

They are trying to make men "more masculine", both in reality and fiction. Which means ugly, non-stylish and unkept men in wife-beater shirts, with over-trained bulky muscles who look more like beasts of burden than humans. That is not going to help people to get laid, start a family and have kids, which is what this is all about ultimately.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:46PM

joined Apr 20, 2021

where are the updates?

apparently this story has been censored by Ch*na. any lgbt-related works that gets reported will be taken down immediately. so that's probably why it hasnt gotten any updates

https://velvetrouge(.)tumblr(.)com/post/169814029146/regarding-the-issue-of-the-manhua-publication-i

just remove the (). no wonder the updates has only been about the dudes now. this fuckin sucks.

It's much more broad than that as well.

Current rules seem to be so strict you can't make games or any fictional products anymore without taking a huge risk. It's not just about LGBT stuff either. Violence is suspect. History is suspect. No sci-fi either, because it's probably somehow propaganda. Especially no time travel or alternative history.

China is going to level of censoring styles. They want characters gender to be immediately obvious. So for example, the tall tomboy girl here is kind of in that zone. So are the many fem-boy'ish characters in games, and tall girls who are kind of like "princes".

They are trying to make men "more masculine", both in reality and fiction. Which means ugly, non-stylish and unkept men in wife-beater shirts, with over-trained bulky muscles who look more like beasts of burden than humans. That is not going to help people to get laid, start a family and have kids, which is what this is all about ultimately.

So how is then there a decent amount of chinese manhuas still going on and being released (or at least they are being translated to english right now)? Do they not get caught? Or how does it work?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Because people vastly exaggerate what barely informed English news sites report without knowing what is actually law, what are guidelines, and what's being enforced or not. As for Their Story, I don't know what happened exactly. Tanjiu did just release a one-page christmas special for them, but he hasn't been regularly updating for them in years.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Seeing as how I am reading regularly updated gay comics from china almost daily, Im just going to assume the author got tired of this series.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Is that a declaration of intent?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seeing as how I am reading regularly updated gay comics from china almost daily, Im just going to assume the author got tired of this series.

Mangadex has posted 14 chapters since the latest one here.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Ah,so it's just the usual Dynasty slow-ness.

joined Apr 2, 2022

anyone got any recs like this

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

anyone got any recs like this

a really similar but shorter one is Sunshine & Bright Stars, I think the dynamic of the main characters match each other and they look similar too

elusivebutthole
001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

bruh people gotta chill, this isn't some grand government conspiracy to take down this webcomic. the author doesn't get paid for it and stopped drawing it to do other stuff

just read tanjiu's weibo it's on page, google translating a few lines isn't that hard. If you want more chapters donate to the artists, most webcomic artists don't or barely make any money from it and every chapter is easily 10-12 hours of work

last edited at Aug 28, 2022 2:19PM

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Soooo apparently again with government stuff, (from what I heard no actual source) tanjiu had a final warning with lesbian kiss scenes where they were supposed to censor it but ig the second kiss scene really made the government put their foot down on tanjiu. Sooo tanjiu still does pics on their Twitter but unfortunately I think this story all together has been abandoned since 2019.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

If there's no actual source, then please stop spreading misinformation. The government as a direct entity doesn't have some grand scheme against Tanjiu specifically and in fact it was the publisher, not the government, who asked for the censoring of one kiss scene.

joined Nov 24, 2020

hi! this message is for anyone who thought about Their Story, came back here, and was saddened by the lack of updates
good news! there's updates! As of two days ago, Tanjiu's (1) alive, (2) active, and (3) doing pages and art for their stories, including Their Story (lol)!
it's just that the parties that were originally translating their updates just... stopped one day (not here to speculate on why or how; don't know anything)
so - its still active, still being uploaded! just no translation updates :(
...granted CCP censorship bureaus took personal offense and forbade Tanjiu from really continuing the plot further
but - we get a bunch of short one-shots, an ending to the stuck-in-fence arc that honestly rounds out as something of a decent place to end Their Story, and more fuel to the fire of Winnie The Pooh's (CN) bonfire.

last edited at Feb 11, 2024 11:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.