Forum › Posts by SillieHonka

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

im imagining the gyaru from the first post-script comment is now author's wife who taught her new cooking secrets and tricks.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

every genderbend manga should have their protagonists transition back to their original gender. no more "guhhh just live with it and be straight, dysphoria isnt real :)" bullshit

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

We haven't had a Ween song referenced yet.... "waving my dick in the wind" anyone?

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

this one should get the :dubious consent: tag at least for the first chapter or so

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

^^ huh? Anyway... I get the sense maybe Canno is polyam herself. This was a lovely re-read, I didn't get a sense that it was canned at all. As for Akira I think it is perfectly fine and reasonable for her to have had shaky footing at the onset of the polycule's start, but she finds it by the last chapter! Gotta love the all time favorite past time of "kissing practice" lol

SillieHonka
Still Sick discussion 26 Mar 00:42
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i dunno about that. I don't think Bloom into You lacked maturity in comparison. There's like a tiny bit of overlap of having leads that hated/disliked themselves, both hit the topic well imo. There were pretty different circumstances in each, which lead to them being/using meta-textual devices to different, but strong effects. What I guess could be perceived as melodrama wrt YagaKimi, I've more interpreted as an intentional meta-textual construction, it's about theatre. No reason to pit 2 queens against one another, anyhoo.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Rereading this, Aoi def comes off as polyam/practitioner of polyamory, but burnt out by her failures w women/"tying" a woman down to a more serious relationship (lots of lovers, but no partners, if that makes sense), and she ultimately caves to heteronormative monogamy.

last edited at Mar 18, 2023 3:00PM

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Super appreciate Gouma-Den for finishing this one out!!!

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Her current series hasn't been picked up by anyone yet, it involves a married woman (married under "false pretenses") pining after her true lesbian crush so, like this one, I expect this site to be Extremely Normal (TM) about it. Only one volume so unless the scanlators are in a hurry to devour more Yayoi (i' would be, ngl) I'd expect someone to not start until 3-4 volumes??

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

'i ADORE the way Nanami, for a brief second, "runs away" a little bit for herself, when she turns her head away and says "special doesn't cut it. There has to be a proper reason..." She cuts out the tiniest, muted sliver of her own frustration, and that's really all that remained left at that point. The way its prefaced by her thoughts moments earlier, of 'Oops, here I go forgiving kaede again and falling back in our routine', so brilliant. She limps out her "But that's not all I want" as one last weak attempt to push away and widen that sliver, but its still paper thin. Just wonderful.

last edited at Mar 8, 2023 6:45PM

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

GlenKaede, GlenNanami

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

fantastic chapter, so psyched

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

It's so refreshing when characters get called out on their bullshit, and while they've let Kaede amble and drag her feet through it, it makes it all the more cathartic that it happened. Keep trusting my dog Ohsawa Yayoi. She knows what she's doing.

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 9:43PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

They may have drawn these two as cats but they are actually dogs.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Isekai Harem Protagonists if anything, funnily enough. "It's ok when BOYS do it but wrong when girls do it!11!!" Anyone who uses Mary Sue seriously I'm immediately skeptical of their character and their capacity for analysis.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Say, is it possible that Elsa is also a transmigrated soul and former player or has that been ruled out at this point? "Yvonne was the player's favourite character" would explain a lot about how... open... she is about being bullied (including those odd times that she implies knowing Evie is compelled to bully her) and even possibly her ability to understand the meta concept of "systems" enough to consider the problem of meddling with them.

(I've been wondering for a while why the system even exists. What's the point?)

I've long been under the suspicion that Elsa has a "heroine system" she can see, which would explain some of her more bold moves.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

And yes, I know I questioned bringing her back into the spotlight again earlier, and I am still not sure it did much for the overall story, but as a character and mood piece, her flashback is a reading pleasure... Funny how that works. :-)

Just goes to show you can't doubt my dog Osawa Yayoi, lol. trust the process!

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

"Is this feeling Natsuki has finally realized, love? Or..." Plenty of series has these drift-off "to be continued" type sentences and for the most part they're tolerable, but this one's just fucking amusingly dumb. No, ma'am, it's probably an ulcer, she should go to the doctor.

I think is more like, poking fun at Natsuki's lack of emotional anything and her like, stoic obliviousness.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

I am on board, 100%

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

27 vs 19 is a pretty big difference. Perfectly fair for Xiaoen to worry about that.

Oh you young people, thinking 8 years is a big age gap...

i think 8 is fair to worry about given one party is under 21-22 in particular, but especially like 19.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

yep, thats kinda what i was getting at in my original, that like she'd be like go try and figure it out and get back to me

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

oh look there was in fact chemistry between nanami's ex and mahiro hehe

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Stage Play announced!!!

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

my longest, exasperate sigh ever.... why can't these ever be about trans women? Not well oops ive magically become a woman and now that my bodies physically like this I guess it'd be wrong to not be a woman! Transition back?? Nonsense!!

god, it always winds up so cisnormative.

last edited at Jan 16, 2023 10:45PM

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Also big agree on the whole, let the story take its time. Look at how much is panning out here? Like it is very much not an easy or straightforward romance, it's got unique wrinkles that feel more accurate to like a more "lesbian" narrative.