Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

Holy shit, they cleared up the misunderstanding in one chapter. Pleasantly surprised

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Much funnier chapter than I was expecting, those adorable little idiots.

joined Mar 19, 2020

Very proud of xingyuan for just immediately tryna clear the air. And it was so cute when she gave the tin back

last edited at Jan 27, 2023 6:15AM

This whole chapter was glorious from start to finish. "You're too little!!!" proceeds to stare at her chest

20211109_104752
joined Apr 2, 2021

so glad the misunderstanding didnt last long!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Oh god!!! Nineteen!!! So she really is nineteeeeeeen!! Would I date a nineteen year old girl? Um... heck no!!! But what if she was cool like that?! Would I?! No way, right?!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Xiaoen is 27, she says so when she asks for a birthday cake from Xingyuan. I'd imagine Xingyuan is about 19, out of school and just drifting around for a while with her family pushing her to go to college. In this case, the age gap would certainly not be insurmountable but I could understand Xiaoen being a bit shocked about finding out that her crush is a teenager. As a 28 year old myself, I'd certainly have second thoughts in that kind of situation

Well you were right on the dime with your prediction lmao

I'm feeling a bit smug right now, ngl

Really nice chapter too, these two are a special kind of chaos. I love how Xingyuan was outraged at the thought that Xiaoen might just be into big boobs

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Boys and girls, let's gooooooo!
2 steps forward, 1 step back. We'll get there eventuallyyyy XD

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

love the people going "nineteen?? oh I kind of get it that is young"

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Whelp. I was wrong.

joined Feb 4, 2019

Thank gods, not a overly drawn out misunderstanding...now for a good slowburn

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I figured it would be something like that, glad these two silly gals got things figured out and communicated properly lol

joined Apr 15, 2013

27 vs 19 is a pretty big difference. Perfectly fair for Xiaoen to worry about that.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

19? Meh, whatever. When I started dating my wife I was, hmmm, 26 living in a house where I split the rent with a group of friends and she was 41 with three kids. It was fine. It was much better than fine, actually.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

With the gaps we often see in romance stories this one doesn't even phase me. However in terms of IRL application 19 is on the younger end, but it's still arguably workable, especially in a fictional story.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I kinda want to see a scene of Xiaoen and Tae drinking at a bar and bonding over their problems:
– "Yeah, so I fell in love with a girl, but then I found she's way younger than she looks!"
– "Me too, me too!!!"

joined Sep 27, 2017

I kinda want to see a scene of Xiaoen and Tae drinking at a bar and bonding over their problems:
– "Yeah, so I fell in love with a girl, but then I found she's way younger than she looks!"
– "Me too, me too!!!"

I feel like if she talked to Tae she would realize her age gap problem isn't that big of a deal, in the grand scheme of things haha

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

OMFG I LOVE THEM!!! HOW CAN THEY BE THIS CUTE?????

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It's pretty surprising to see a reason to hesitate that is fine to worry about, yet can be easily solved. Feels like someone took the drama out of my drama. And it comes out just cute, which I like.

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

i'm not usually a fan of age gap so the twist turning out this way is a bit disappointing, but... i'm willing to see where it's going. even just having them stop to say "hey, wait a minute" helps

joined Sep 27, 2017

i'm not usually a fan of age gap so the twist turning out this way is a bit disappointing, but... i'm willing to see where it's going. even just having them stop to say "hey, wait a minute" helps

I'm not even sure if it's really a twist? Since from what I remember, at least now in hindsight, is that one of them was always around 20 and the other later 20s. Which at least as they get older the gap really won't be that big of a deal, like when they're both in their 30s. 19 right now is on the younger end so do I understand why there's hesitation, and I see why other people are uncomfortable here and that's understandable. For me though it's not that big of a bump in the road with this particular story and the dynamic between them, and as I said as they get older the gap will only become less important.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

On one hand, I do remember having similar feelings about my own (by now ex-)girlfriend with a similar age gap, and I did my best to hide my feelings at first as well. On the other hand, my mother's parents apparently had twice this gap, so...

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Just change the name of the story to "How Mu Xiaoen Got Her Groove Back." PROBLEM SOLVED!

joined Nov 21, 2022

27 vs 19 is a pretty big difference. Perfectly fair for Xiaoen to worry about that.

Oh you young people, thinking 8 years is a big age gap...

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

– "Me too, me too!!!"

Maybe Dr. Wei can join in?

To reply you must either login or sign up.