Forum › Posts by Saskabush

joined Nov 21, 2022

I really don't care about Mai anymore

I really don't care about Asumi anymore.

Saskabush
joined Nov 21, 2022

I’ve concluded that the use of tropes as an excuse to not write properly is just abhorrent. I’ve accepted it in the past, because it was cute or silly, but why is it that Manga artists struggle so hard to create an original idea in parts like these? Is it the editors influence? Is it just that that they like the trope so much? I genuinely do not understand the reuse of the “we don’t recognize each other/thought each other were boys” childhood friends thing, I’ve seen it about 4 other times

I expected better writing from this duo, but the story itself is just a compilation of tropes for the sake of yuri kissing and ecchi, but this was still a disappointment . I am no longer excited for this story as some of the life has been somewhat sucked out of the ship for me now

Hope everyone else enjoyed lol.

My most loathed trope is getting caught out in the rain causes a character to become deathly ill from a cold, feverish, on death's door.

1) You don't get sick from the rain. Colds are caused by viruses. You only catch colds from other people.

2) If you have a fever, it ain't a cold. Colds are a mild irritant.

joined Nov 21, 2022

I'm jonesing...

Saskabush
joined Nov 21, 2022

Been so long I don't remember what happened previously.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Smoking tag? Pass.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Look I'll stick with this one, but the moment it pulls out wibbly wobbly timey wimey shenanigans that make the story incomprehensibly hard to follow, I'm out.

I'm find it incomprehensibly hard to follow without the wibbly wobbly timey wimey weeping angels.

Saskabush
joined Nov 21, 2022

Same author of Octave.... Hard pass.

I don't remember reading Octave, but I did like Brides of Ibiris.

joined Nov 21, 2022

What's a drama CD?

Saskabush
joined Nov 21, 2022

Damnit. Now I miss French bread.

joined Nov 21, 2022

When'd she write that note?

Saskabush
joined Nov 21, 2022

I'm beginning to loathe the "being in the rain causes characters to fall deathly ill with a cold" trope. First of all, rain doesn't cause colds. Secondly, colds aren't all that bad. If you have a deathly fever, it isn't a cold.

Depends on your body and where you live, tbh. I'm over in Ohio (America, but a part where the seasons can be unpredictable and rough), and for me personally, a cold can knock me on my ass flat for nearly a week sometimes. Rain doesn't directly affect colds, no, but depending on your immune system, sudden shifts in the environment around you (going from a quick 80ish to high 60s with rain or high humidity as an example) can kick your ass if the germy-germs in your body see an opportunity. Nearly double that chance if you deal with allergies.

If that were true I wouldn't have survived my time in the army. Especially training in winter when it was -35 degrees Celsius out. My basic training it went from a balmy +10 degrees C to -15 degrees C during the final ex in a matter of hours.

If that were true, the northern countries around the arctic circle would be unpopulated wastelands.

last edited at Nov 19, 2023 8:25PM

Saskabush
joined Nov 21, 2022

I'm beginning to loathe the "being in the rain causes characters to fall deathly ill with a cold" trope. First of all, rain doesn't cause colds. Secondly, colds aren't all that bad. If you have a deathly fever, it isn't a cold.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Yep. I knew she would do that. It was the logical way to go, given her music memory. Associate equations with music.

joined Nov 21, 2022

But Aya didn't think that Mitsuki were a butch woman. She thought she was a man. When she realized that she is a girl she stopped considering a relationship, nothing changed about Mitsuki appearance or behavior.

I'd quibble with that. Aya still thinks of Misuki as "my crush."

I'm thinking that Aya may be more pan than lesbian or bi.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Dear Mitsuki, I don’t know whether you are a procrastinator or not but you have the same results as me.

That 95 on English and others being impressed, and that 18 on Math with the others shocked. That’s literally gonna be me when the half semester results are out. Again. In my country, 40 is the passing grade and anything above 80 is considered extraordinary.

In my country, 50-51%, depending on the jurisdiction, is passing. My final mark in Grade 12 English was 50%. In colleges and universities, passing mark is 60%.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Yay! Bonus episode!

I could be wrong, but this is the first time the word "love" has been used in the manga.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Am I missing something? No music reference this week?

joined Nov 21, 2022
joined Nov 21, 2022

Ah, a classic, from MY youth. That's telling y'all how old I am.

joined Nov 21, 2022

I'm kind of disappointed the main plotline has seemingly been abandoned, and Asumi will never reunite with Mai.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Planning stuff which you like, not taking consideration the other person's tastes is a common thing. I had a friend whose plans for my birthday involved an Alien marathon, followed up by going to the theatre to see the newest Alien film. The problem is, he was the Alien fan, not me. I'm not a horror fan.

joined Nov 21, 2022

This is a phenomenon I've seen time and again over the years. Webcomic gets abandoned by the creator, no explanation, nothing. Just stops updating.

joined Nov 21, 2022

"And now, back to last week's illustration."

Hehehehe.

I once was on a flight and the folks in the row behind me, both kids got air sick. The stewardess asked "Do you have any more children?" The guy was so embarrassed.

last edited at Jul 30, 2023 12:23PM

joined Nov 21, 2022

That one made me smile.

joined Nov 21, 2022

I'm finding the few chapters completely confusing.