Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

No, yes they're unemployed, they haven't forgotten, but they're in FUCK EVERYTHING ESPECIALLY OFFICES live for the moment mode. They're feeling relief and freedom with an underlying level of terror.

I expect this will be a thing in the upcoming story. Decent chance they conveniently find some local retail job or something.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No, yes they're unemployed, they haven't forgotten, but they're in FUCK EVERYTHING ESPECIALLY OFFICES live for the moment mode. They're feeling relief and freedom with an underlying level of terror.

I expect this will be a thing in the upcoming story. Decent chance they conveniently find some local retail job or something.

Better yet, some beloved but struggling local business/institution is just crying out for their specific big-city job skills (I forget what they do/are trained for, but whatever).

Hey, they’re dreaming—I get to dream too.

joined Nov 22, 2019

This is genuinely one of the best pieces of yuri I've ever read and we are only 3 chapters in. I am genuinely loosing my mind this is everything I've ever wanted in a yuri

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/throw_away_the_suit_together_ch03#13

Bless this page (and the next), it gives me a little more strength to endure depression.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/throw_away_the_suit_together_ch03#28

Hnnng!

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 10:39PM

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

This is genuinely one of the best pieces of yuri I've ever read and we are only 3 chapters in. I am genuinely loosing my mind this is everything I've ever wanted in a yuri

I completely agree. This is such a positive story. The main characters are so likable, and the art is wonderfully clean and expressive. This has quickly risen to the top of the stack for me.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I always cringe a bit when I see manga kind of making fun of poor work culture in Japan. Many authors seem to have given up themselves and ended up as nihilistic wrecks who can't even portray it as it is. That humor feels so painful to read. Like Miss Kobayashi and her weekly "death march" at her software company.

Here we actually have a honest portrayal of the emotional mess you can end up, just because you weren't picked from a large group of people to run in the rat wheel. That's something that can definitely be appreciated.

Also, this artist seems to be really good at portraying emotions and movement. Lots of interesting faces, poses and viewpoints. Light and shadow also being effectively used for moods, like how the girl who could not find a job was unraveling panel by panel, like she was just a ball of yarn being torn apart by society.

I hope this new lady can be a good addition to the cast. We have two kind of neurotic main characters, so someone bit more laid back would be welcome.

Here's a real world version of a Japanese worker who had enough of the rat race, and decided to move to live at abandoned country-side school that is located in a rather mountainous part of Japan, and is also hosting a little cafe for anyone traveling in the area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2Ndgrgcu8

joined Jan 14, 2020

Here we actually have a honest portrayal of the emotional mess you can end up, just because you weren't picked from a large group of people to run in the rat wheel. That's something that can definitely be appreciated.

Yeah, that's not a Japan thing. A long job search in the US is just as demoralizing, I can say from personal and observational experience. (Both on the "just out of college" end and the "older and with resume gaps" end.)

Here's a real world version of a Japanese worker who had enough of the rat race, and decided to move to live at abandoned country-side school that is located in a rather mountainous part of Japan, and is also hosting a little cafe for anyone traveling in the area:

Lol, that description makes me think of Yokohama Shopping Trip /YKK. (Which notes that it is easier to do when you're a low maintenance robot living on electricity.)

last edited at Dec 7, 2021 10:35AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Yeah, that's not a Japan thing. A long job search in the US is just as demoralizing, I can say from personal and observational experience. (Both on the "just out of college" end and the "older and with resume gaps" end.)

Lol, that description makes me think of Yokohama Shopping Trip /YKK. (Which notes that it is easier to do when you're a low maintenance robot living on electricity.)

But, the robots in YKK can eat food, drink coffee, and apparently go to the bathroom. They're also 99.99% Lesbians.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

i'm surprised they're not super hungry right now after a day like that

joined Feb 18, 2015

Man! I don't know how I missed this one up until today. This is really good!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

dirty feet

joined Jul 4, 2018

faces are great. really gets the emotion accross

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah miss bike thief has a name, I'm never going to call her anything other than bike thief though that's how nicknames work lady, maybe next time don't steal their bike haha

but seriously though, she's cute, I think I'm going to enjoy seeing more of her

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Instead it just sounds to me like they're running from problems and winging it.

I mean that’s literally it. They were being ground down into dust by the big corporate machinery so they ran away from it all. Is it irresponsible? Absolutely. Will things still be difficult? Yes very much so. But even if its a bit romanticized I think the desire to have more control in your life and escape the corporate grind is understandable, and I’d rather be poor and happy vs wealthy and destroying myself.

…also am I crazy for wanting a poly ending where they include the boat lady?

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Just here to give my thanks for the scanlators for working on this wonderful series. It's been a lovely ride so far and can't wait for more <3

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

No you're not, I immediately felt like there was some cute chemistry going on as well xD

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

No you're not, I immediately felt like there was some cute chemistry going on as well xD

Naaah, I’d rather it remain a couple in this case. Just a feeling I got. And honestly, they were much more forgiving of someone stealing their bike than I would have been.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Naaah, I’d rather it remain a couple in this case. Just a feeling I got. And honestly, they were much more forgiving of someone stealing their bike than I would have been.

I don't really think it'll go that route tbh, but one can dream :D

joined Jan 14, 2020

Only if she stops smoking. >.<

As for the girls' future: yes, they've got trouble, but they've also got free housing, and rent would be a lot less out here, so (assuming they actually break their Tokyo leases) they could stretch whatever savings they have further, and get by on lower income.

Of course one reason such places are cheap is that they don't have many jobs, so

joined Jun 30, 2017

Please please please no love triangle, that's all I'm asking for. Poly ending would be good too though.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

->A third character is introduced
Dynasty forum : "Is this polyamory ?"

joined Dec 30, 2020

->A third character is introduced
Dynasty forum : "Is this polyamory ?"

it's like nobody even wants to meet the other cute lesbians in the area that're living out blissful lifes without office jobs

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Boat lady seems cute, I wonder if she'll have a girlfriend that's introduced later or something.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Cornonthekopp posted:

But even if its a bit romanticized I think the desire to have more control in your life and escape the corporate grind is understandable, and I’d rather be poor and happy vs wealthy and destroying myself.

I mean, it's not that I don't understand that, but that's assuming they'll actually find a job to be poor and not simply change to being jobless on the island and will end up begging for money on street or something. That'd be kinda... worse than what they had I think? I thought the whole point of moving out was, so they don't need to spend entire time worrying about job hunting? Cos they kinda still do. Even more than before I'd say.

Well, two things: Thing one, they have far fewer expenses now. Rent's free, business attire is decidedly optional, no transit pass needed et cetera. So, they can have a comparable lifestyle for far less money, can get by on employment that is either not full time or far lower pay.
Thing two is, the more relaxed, slow-paced lifestyle of smaller places and particularly islands is not a myth. They will not be interviewing with suits who are processing the recruits in batches without seeing any of them as human, they will not be interviewing for high-pressure, high-stress jobs that will expect masses of unpaid overtime to make artificial deadlines, they will not be expected to be self-sacrificing cogs in the firm. Rather, it will be some shopkeeper saying "Yeah, I could use a bit of help around the place" or whatever.

So they could plausibly live OK, with far less stress and a far lower workload.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'd have been FORGIVING; I suppose it was an understandable mistake and she didn't take anything, including their so-essential wallets.
But they were acting downright GRATEFUL, and I wouldn't go that far. They're talking like it's thanks to her that they have their stuff . . . but sheesh, it's thanks to her that it was gone in the first place, so.
On the other hand, it's probably a good move. That girl is their first social contact on the island, and small communities run on social contacts. Cultivating her is a lot smarter than blowing her off would be, that's for sure. And she seems nice.

last edited at Dec 30, 2021 10:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.