Forum › Posts by whatever42

whatever42
Love Bullet discussion 01 Dec 19:35
joined Jun 30, 2017

I can't help but feel there was an extremely obvious solution to this problem that was overlooked... Oh well.

joined Jun 30, 2017

Redo Of Healer ain't gross!

How in the world

joined Jun 30, 2017

Outstanding translation. Also I get why people might want to tag it horror as a TW, but tragedy? Seriously?

Which three women did Saber canonically fuck? :))

Not sure if serious, but the answer is Guinevere, Morgan and Rin. This is for a fairly broad definition of fucking, though, because canon implies Morgan basically just magically extracted Saber's sperm (she was a futanari at the time, long story); and also Rin was really the one fucking Saber, not the other way around. Some people like to think Dark Sakura had a turn too.

last edited at May 28, 2023 3:11AM

joined Jun 30, 2017

You know what, some people really do deserve to get cheated on, and I'm through trying to pretend they don't.

Nobody deserves to get cheated on just because they don't know how to do love. There's a first for everyone, mistakes will be made. Being inconsiderate isn't a death-penalty. At the end of the day, Yuni should have told Nanase exactly what was wrong. When Yuni did that on their anniversary, she should have ended it.

Nanase didn't do Yuni wrong knowingly, while Yuni did.

Being cheated on isn't a death sentence either. What's wrong with cheating is the deception, right? The betrayal of trust? Well, how many times has Nanase deceived Yuni into thinking she would even try to be a halfway-decent partner and change her ways, only to then betray her trust? Not to mention courting her and starting the relationship in the first place, apparently under the false premise that they would actually be girlfriends instead of distant acquaintances who hold hands once in a blue moon after making sure the neighborhood has been evacuated.

Also yeah, Yuni should tell her what's wrong, and she did. That was like half the festival chapter. Yuni has told Nanase what was wrong, explicitly and at great length, and Nanase promised to do better, and then didn't.

Also lol at people calling Yuni needy. Expecting your partner to call or even text you regularly, especially on your anniversary, is not being needy. Expecting your partner to show up to the dates you've scheduled together (as, you know, a date) is not being needy. What we're seeing here is only two or three weeks of a six-month relationship, during which Yuni has until now been unfailingly supportive while receiving next to nothing in return. Nanase is in a high school sports club, not a black company; she has time to spend on a date with her girlfriend. Even full-time pro athletes have time to spend with their family and their partners. Nanase isn't just too busy, she chooses deliberately and repeatedly not to spend time with Yuni.

Don't get me wrong, cheating is still wrong and Yuni should have broken up with Nanase instead. (Although I have to ask, after carrying this relationship on her back unaided for its entire duration, why is still and always on Yuni to do all the legwork?) But cheating on Nanase is like murdering a drug dealer. The act itself is wrong, but you're allowed not to feel bad for the "victim."

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 3:54AM

joined Jun 30, 2017

Nanase: puts her club ahead of Yuni at every opportunity, makes no effort whatsoever to spend even a second of her time on her, and shows no commitment at all in any way to the relationship she herself started

Also Nanase: casually expects Yuni to shell out hundreds of dollars on a solo trip to Osaka so she can support her for a couple hours and then spend the rest of that time alone while Nanase hangs out with her club as usual

You know what, some people really do deserve to get cheated on, and I'm through trying to pretend they don't.

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017
82205691_p0

^It is explicit that they sleep together. It is also explicit that they ONLY sleep together, and that this makes poor Jill desperately horny. Hence bad ending.

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017

Am I missing something? Louko said spilling her latte on her reports is hours of work sent down the drain, but no, surely she can just print them out again. I know Japanese corporations expect you to handwrite your CV and cover letters like in the 17th century, but surely not your work reports?

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017
Gurumie1229-1605648944809316357-img1

Reminder that Kiara was a professional warrior before she opened KFP...

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017

I'm really glad someone pointed all this out. Yeah, I'm no fan of Shizuka either but I find it surprising that more people gave Kaoru the pass so easily that there are people who are actually anticipating a Kaoru x Mask hookup. People are really down bad for beautiful eccentric characters that needs just the right person to "fix" them that it's like people forgot just how shitty Kaoru was to Shizuka, even just recently.

And Kaoru's toxicity can't just be attributed to "ah youth". It was literally YEARS of manipulation on her part. It's actually even more messed up that she found a new target to obsess over while suddenly losing interest in Shizuka when she finally developed interest again.

Did she even properly apologize to Shizuka for everything(she did some messed up things during and after their relationship)? Cause all I remember was Kaoru gaslighting her into thinking Shizuka was the only terrible one. I don't mind if Kaoru eventually finds someone, but girl needs some serious psychological help first.

This here too. It always bothered me how quickly people were willing to just forget about Kaoru being an outright abuser as soon as she found Mask (who, BTW, she is basically harassing at this point) while instantly piling hatred on Shizuka as soon as she misstepped. Which she did, of course, but Kaoru had spent years gaslighting her prior to this, it didn't come out of nowhere.

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017
Ble

Everybody was afraid of Unohana since her first appearance. The last arc just told us why.

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017
Minus_a-1556624193155768323-img1

Bae is the most organized and seiso member of HoloEn. It's probably better to think of her as the manager of Chaos rather than its instigator: she also has to make sure there's not too much of it, and since all her genmates make so much of it, she has to compensate.

joined Jun 30, 2017

I don't think it's "unrealistic standards" or "high maintenance" to expect a five-minute call from your partner on your anniversary. Like, Yuni wasn't expecting Nanase to drop her volleyball and spend the whole day with her, she literally just wanted a short phone call. Are we supposed to believe that Nanase's volleyball practice is so nonstop and all-consuming that she can't take five minutes for a call? Indeed, that is beside the point, since we know for a fact that she just plain forgot.

This doesn't justify cheating, but if my partner so obviously prioritized freaking volleyball over our relationship on top of already being secretive and repressed about it on the rare occasion where they actually make time for me, I would break up with them.

joined Jun 30, 2017

There's a pretty serious misunderstanding in the comments here. Rushia wasn't terminated over her alleged (and almost certainly nonexistent) relationship with that other guy, whatever his name was. Hololive quickly came out to support her and state categorically that their talents' private lives are their own concern. Additionally, the huge majority of her fans supported her as well (as has been pointed out, her new channel already has a lot of viewers, most of whom obviously come from her audience as Rushia).

Rushia was terminated because in the course of investigating the incident with that other guy (as was probably routine procedure), Hololive eventually uncovered unrelated but very serious breaches of NDAs on her part. This made it basically untenable for them to NOT fire her: even if they had wanted to keep her, the risk would have been too great going forward. You can trust them on this because they all but spelled it out in their official statement about Rushia's termination, so if it wasn't true then Rushia could sue them into the next millenium.

That's also why the reactions were so muted among her colleagues and much of the fan base. It's sad, but ultimately Rushia was the one who screwed up, and very badly at that. TBH she was luckily to only get fired, breaching NDAs can have more serious consequences than that.

whatever42
Loop Kiss discussion 08 Apr 20:18
joined Jun 30, 2017

Trying to extract your arm from Kanata's grip, that's the definition of insanity.

whatever42
joined Jun 30, 2017

Are there even enough female characters in Bionicle for a yuri pairing?

whatever42
nothing discussion 07 Feb 05:36
joined Jun 30, 2017

Very in-character.

That being said, I've seen a lot of fan content that assumes Mumei will eventually die before the others, and to that I can only say they are underestimating us.

joined Jun 30, 2017

It is unfortunate, I cannot find any evidence of Laplace being quite open minded to women (or not for that matter). I know some fellow scientists were actively supporting (a singular, to be fair, there just werent that many to support) woman. Namely Lagrange, Legendre and Gauß. Still, perhaps they (the author) deemed Laplace to be a cooler name. Although imo itd be Legendre for the plebs, and certainly Gauß for the educated. (Im just kidding of course, they were all brilliant)

I would wager that Laplace here isn't actually named after the scientist but after a thought experiment of his, Laplace's Demon, which aimed to demonstrate IIRC that if you know both the position and the momentum of every particle in a system you could predict its future perfectly.

For whatever reason Japan seems really infatuated with these kinds of things - there's a VTuber in Hololive who goes by Laplus (AKA Japanese respelling of Laplace), Maxwell's demon (another thought experiment about thermodynamics) is a Servant in Fate, and so on.

whatever42
Image Comments 17 Jan 21:01
joined Jun 30, 2017
Poluslus-1481967292405723141-img1

I too would be petrified if Suisei trapped me in a corner.

joined Jun 30, 2017

Please please please no love triangle, that's all I'm asking for. Poly ending would be good too though.

whatever42
Pink Ribbon discussion 29 Dec 19:25
joined Jun 30, 2017

This is a real sugar bomb. Loved it. Also A-Zhe is a top-tier bro and an ally. May you find your prophesied big-tiddy girlfriend soon.

whatever42
Image Comments 26 Dec 09:11
joined Jun 30, 2017
Notziegler-1473164408364830721-img1

Kronii and Mumei's interactions have been increasingly heart-throbbing all month.

whatever42
School Zone discussion 13 Dec 18:16
joined Jun 30, 2017

Dang, what with the hate on Hiiragi ? What she does is pretty understandable. Imagine having your twin who always relied on you suddendly becoming better than you at everything but still thinking she is worthless without you. Hiiragi is just angry that her sister can't realize how good she is and instead insist on puttting herself down. Imagine how frustrating that is, having someone who is better than you but insisting on telling she is bad, it's extremlyfrustrating.

Leaving aside the issue that all of this mess could have been avoided if Hiiragi had had the guts to say a single sentence about her plans or her feelings to Tsubaki...

You may not realize this, but high schools in Japan are a big deal. They can have a huge impact on your acceptance into a prestigious university, which in turn will have a huge impact on your job prospects (much larger than how well you actually study at that university). By refusing to simply tell Tsubaki that she wanted to go to a different high school, and thereby letting her deliberately downgrade to a lesser school than the one she wanted, Hiiragi may have damaged Tsubaki's future prospects very badly out of nothing but petty spite and insecurity. In Tsubaki's position, I'm not sure I could ever forgive that.

Also, this is making me hate Hiiragi a great deal indeed, but objectively their parents are even worse. It was their responsibility to step in and clarify the situation when Tsubaki turned down her first choice of high school under the impression that she would be going to the same place as Hiiragi. They knew Hiiragi's plans. They have failed their daughters quite thoroughly.

joined Jun 30, 2017

Keep in mind, not only is she stuck in the rat race for employment, she's in Japan. Where:
- You're supposed to write every single application letter and CV by hand like in the 1800's, for whatever reason - it's hard to imagine a more pointless and soul-grinding exercise
- You're basically applying for a lifetime of servitude to a company you have no negotiating power against, who can do with you anything they want once you're hired because quitting will just make you unemployable forever
- Even if you do get hired, what awaits you is the worst work culture in the developed world, especially when you're a woman
In her position I would have snapped too.

joined Jun 30, 2017

What kind of person sees a bike parked somewhere and just... takes it? She deserves to be sued into bankruptcy.

joined Jun 30, 2017

I ship it