Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

An interesting disagreement between me and Nya-chan* on the one hand and Clueless1 on the other.

It seems obvious to me that:

• They’re going to get their bike and stuff back

• The bike thief is really well-intentioned and will be a recurring character [note]

• The thief works on bikes, and will teach Hii-chan how to properly maintain her bike, perhaps after some initial “You suck and don’t deserve your bike” conflict

• The backstory with the aunt whose island it is, or might be, will be important

[note]: It’s also clear that this will turn out to be, or at least to have, a small, close-knit community—not a “just call the police” kind of place.

I may be wrong about some or all of this (I don’t get off on predicting future events in stories; I’m just extrapolating from textual clues and the way they’re presented), but I’d bet money that Clueless1 is not correct about the bike thief just being a one-off kleptomaniac.

EDIT: * and BreadBunny, who posted while I was writing.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 7:29AM

joined May 1, 2015

Weird noises coming from a basement where no one should be at. Sure let's go down.
In before leatherface.
In a serious note, professional job hunting is difficult. I relate well to the MC. Getting the first one is always really hard.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This looks like a real gem

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

I love this so freaking much..

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

This one makes me anxious. I get the stress of job hunting to live in society and taking things at your own pace rather than the one expected of you, but just getting on the road and leaving is so unfathomable to me that I'm waiting for the shoe to drop. Even though the tone is so light and the girls are cheery, this one makes me so nervous. Its so far beyond the realm of what I know as "life".

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

hate that this manga reminded me of the summer i spent interviewing for a job on OPT. employees dont like to hire foreigners and i only managed to get a job TWO DAYS before the grace period ended. dear lord, if i could voluntarily forget anything in this life it would be that summer and that ever incessant anxiety.
story seems promising, i checked the author and saw they did that first chapter of Salad Bowl lol wow that feels so long ago!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is the last page a jojo reference ?
And why the aaaangst tag ? They are already a couple.

Angst doesn't have to just be about getting together. A couple can experience plenty of angst- we already saw it at the start- all that worrying about a job is angst. Even if a couple love each other they can face difficulty and even be torn appart if they are experiencing lots of stress from other sources.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 10:25AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Since her phone was with her bike and that local houses number was presumably a contact on her phone, the call is gonna be the woman who took the bike right? Meaning she wasn't stealing it.

That said I still dont think its a good idea to assume a bike has been abandoned and wheel it off lol.

@Ramunes If you're reffering to the ringing phone, its just coming from inside the unlit house not the basement. And is gonna be the lady who took the bike imo.

If I'm right I just hope she isnt gonna be a love rival- i detest triangles.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 10:38AM

joined Feb 23, 2020

This was REALLY good so far, I'm excited for more!

joined Dec 18, 2020

I'm loving this! their relationship feels authentic, good writing and art so far. Thanks so much for translating! Definitely will keep an eye on this.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Ya ever have one of those days, everyday?

joined Dec 18, 2020

This looks like another “Gunjo”.

A bit right? but it looks less bleak in comparison so far. I loved Gunjo so I'm excited for this.

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

Thanks for bringing this to us , this seems to have a lot of potential.

Especially the artwork side is top notch.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

God damn that first chapter his a bit too close to home

Really liking this so far! Good story, nice art, cute couple... got everything it needs to be great. I'm looking forward to seeing if it can keep it up

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Yeah, I’m sure she’ll be a reoccurring character, that I don’t doubt, which is part of why I was saying she wouldn’t face actual consequences for stealing someone’s transportation. I grew up in a small town like this, and never knew anyone that would just assume that someone’s method of transportation is an abandoned item. I mean, at least wait a day or two. She took it within a few hours of it being there. That doesn’t scream “well-intentioned” to me. The only reason she thought it wasn’t abandoned was because of their belongings. If they had taken them with them to the coast and she hadn’t found their belongings in there would she have ever returned the bike?

It just doesn’t sit well with me.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 3:07PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I guess she wants her to, "Run Away with Me, Girl"

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

I love this manga already

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

We​ need​ more​ adult​ life​ yuri​ like this.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hope they build a happy successful life here- i don't want it to fall apart and the message seem to be 'you can't escape the rat race'.

I'd expect trying this to have its own challenges ofcourse- but taking your own none standard route through life is totally an option I'm hoping the story validates.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 3:09PM

joined Jan 13, 2019

employers: "nobody wants to work!"
also employers:

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Now I want a Harvest Moon spin-off where you run a Mom & Mom general store or something in a rural town.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

employers: "nobody wants to work!"
also employers:

Then: "Fine, we'll hire you. You'd better appreciate the sub-poverty wage and 996 schedule we are benevolently bestowing upon you."

Tabco%20avatar
joined Jan 17, 2018

The motorcycle theft reminds me of Highway Blossoms, where an automobile theft occurs. The thief there never really faced any consequences and the victim didn't seem all that torn up over it, either.

joined Jun 25, 2021

ooo, I like this. this is real nice
realistic but still full of adventure
and well written interesting characters
and. they aren't teenagers

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 10:40PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I hope their relationship doesn't turn out to be toxic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.