Forum › Posts by Kankneet

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Wait so if Nononon ans Yumimi kissed and there was no spark, that makes it a real kiss right?
RIGHT!?!?
(ง ื▿ ื)ว

I think the implication is that Nononon chickened out at the last moment and pulled back right before their lips would have touched.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

First, because it's a brutal change for Mask who had established a little while ago that she was happy being friends with cute nicknames and everything.

Nah, Mask knows very, very well that Kaoru is attracted to her. She knows doing that cutesy stuff will encourage her, which is why she does it.

Second, because it doesn't make sense. If she felt a strong attraction to Kaoru the moment she saw her it just doesn't make sense the way she responded to her advances.

Mask is blushing like crazy when Kaoru first starts hitting on her. She turns Kaoru down because despite being attracted to her, she doesn't want a relationship at that time, and probably knows about her being a player. She starts acting colder when Kaoru refuses to take "no" for an answer.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
Kyryenotes-1727034818700153161-img1

Good timing.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
Artskarely-1728917656374489364-img1

^^^The manga's been on hiatus since 2009, so there's no ending.

last edited at Dec 2, 2023 5:14AM

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

WAS THAT ROMANTIC OR PLATONIC AAAAAAAAAA

Romantic. Absolutely no question.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Hibiki crushes on a boy as recently as chapter 222, and Midori's dialogue implies this is a regular occurrence.

As for her views on her partners, the implication seems to be that Hibiki doesn't have the best taste in boys or girls.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

There's that but it's not like we have any indication that she disliked said dating with boys

Hibiki in fact went from dating boys to going out with Kaoru with no angst and then went right back to boys after things didn't work out with her. She seems like a pretty clear bisexual. Same goes for Mariri, who's dated at least one boy but had no trouble initiating things with Mayuyu.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
Ookiiayu-1693946892013703169-img1%20(1)

As it happens, Bocchi is the pink one.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
U_arca_u-1671533431400833031-img1

Nice to see two women who did nothing wrong getting their happy end.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
Tanukimo_imo-1685867004257787904-img1

Without directly mentioning the Bandai statement, the recent event tried to fix some of it. They had Mio call Suletta her partner in a romantic context and drew attention to the girls' rings both in pictures and words. The elegant phrase "Suletta and Miorine were wearing rings on their ring fingers" made an appearance. Apparently Bandai isn't trying to deny their relationship or their marriage, but is unwilling to use the M word, probably because it's a hot topic in Japanese politics right now.

This isn't to defend Bandai or soften the laudable sentiment presented in the above image, but you don't have to fear any retcons or future works going full galpal.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
Bualcmq

Make sure you tell Bandai how you feel: support@bnfw.co.jp

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

I find them to be too pure and innocent for that

There is nothing purer and more innocent than MahiMahi sex.

Kankneet
Episode 16 discussion 24 May 02:05
joined May 23, 2013

The best part is Miorine did it for nothing. Prospera does care about Suletta and never intended to involve her in her revenge plan beyond this point. Truly amazing levels of hard woman making hard decisions.

Kankneet
Episode 16 discussion 23 May 17:27
joined May 23, 2013

Doing a hell of a job, Miomio.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013
Deerwhisky-1658464007907606530-img1

A happy ending is very likely. Imagine how miserable this show would be if after all of that Suletta and Miorine didn't get happiness together.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Isn't the joke in the last panel that Mayuyu's relieved about Nononon being alive?

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Is it just me or did Ai's hair look very strange in this chapter? I didn't recognise her at all. I don't remember her having a mushroom hairdo.

Ai got an off-screen haircut recently. See ch 254 and 260, for instance.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Wait what’s the story between the two exes again? I kinda forgot/maybe never really understodd to begin with?

Kaoru (Honoka's vamp sister) and Shizuka (Mio's girlfriend) used to date back in middle school but broke up because Kaoru kept fooling around with other girls. Shizuka initially wanted to cut all ties with her, but relented and agreed to stay friends after Kaoru stopped eating and going to school. They then entered the same high school and were officially just friends, but clearly remained romantically and possibly sexually involved.

When Kaoru discovered that Shizuka was growing closer to her lit club kouhai Mio, she initially sought to sabotage their relationship. However, she soon became infatuated with Mask and decided to drop Shizuka, which she, it turns out, did not want at all. Her attempt to get Kaoru back was a disaster that almost cost her Mio as well. They luckily got over it and cutting class to get Mio'd all day seems to have cured her of lingering feelings for Kaoru, who's still chasing Mask.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Are we being punished now we finally got a sex scene out of this?

The minis are just fun little things that alternate weekly with the more substantial chapters. We're getting lots of them because the translators are catching up on their backlog. As the text implies, this one originally appeared months ago. You don't have to read them if you don't like them.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Tiran taran torin I'm lost.
Whatever this is referencing, I don't get it. I don't even get the credits page's joke. :/

It's the sound of rain. Their shoulders got wet because the umbrella they were sharing wasn't big enough, but they didn't mind because it was such a romantic moment.

Kaoru she was kinda anorexic

Kaoru may or may not have an eating disorder, but the thing Shizuka is referring to is their first breakup back in middle school, when Kaoru stopped eating until Shizuka promised to stay friends. Basically, she's asking Kaoru if she's going to start shit now that they're through. See here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch61#6

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Never mind. I'm apparently losing my mind.

Maybe you were thinking of Michiru, the photographer who keeps sending seriously mixed messages to Airi, her model.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Do you guys think Yumika is her first or last name?

I'm pretty sure Yumika is a first name. That, and Nononon probably wouldn't be that stimulated just from calling out her last name.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

Hey Chads, did you notice this bonus Ai/Chie chapter Kishi posted on twitter in August?
https://twitter.com/kishitorajiro/status/1559428157421146112?t=D5BdoBi1az3wcqd6jf3VdQ&s=19

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

So what was with Mahiru? Was she trying to protect Mahiro's innocence by distracting her with car talk?

I doubt it. She and Mahiro kiss each other all the time, so what's so special about YuuMari just walking close to each other? I think she really did just get distracted by the car.

Kankneet
joined May 23, 2013

She's a gay Alabama girl who adores Abraham Lincoln, no less. Honoka probably won't need to work too hard to convince her to stay in Japan.