ForumRun Away With Me, Girl discussion

Icon
joined Oct 15, 2017

sobbb lovely ending ... lovely manga... <3 i'm so sad to hear it wasn't popular ! i would love for an official english version to own ...

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 12:38AM

Img_2816
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m glad I started reading this. The ending was thoroughly worth the journey.

runrin Uploader
Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

congrats on completing this. excellent work as usual. looking forward to the next battan book.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I really wish I had a job or something so I could help my favorite artists financially (also I kinda want to sell my art)

This was such a nice series

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 1:25AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like that we got to see the kid in the final chapter.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

What a great series, and love the ending.

Gahhh I wanna buy this T_T

joined Dec 28, 2019

In the beginning, I was a bit iffy on tagging along with this story. I don't regret tagging along with it one bit after this ending. Really wish the manga did get popular though, it's such an amazing manga!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I thought that was a nice dramatic final chapter to a dramatic romance. I really liked the picture at the end. It really drove home the point that Kon was Midori and Maki's daughter. I just wish we got to see Midori and Maki together one last time.

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 2:05AM

Img_0186
joined Jul 18, 2020

What I find just a bit depressing is that this last chapter seems to assume Japan will still have about the same level of homophobia 13 years in the future. But I can definitely see why the mangaka chose to go this route. It’s a good reflection of Kon’s parents’ angst 13 years prior, and it gets resolved positively, just like it did before.

I really love this manga

joined Jun 12, 2019

Is that end? Oh god I feel a little emotional it was beautiful even tho I wish we saw them one more time :’)

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

Was dreading reading this manga at the start, but the amazing sort of ‘out-there’ art kept me in to experience this wonderful story. I love it. It’s such a damn shame that this wasn’t too popular in Japan

Also I wanna see the main pair all grown uppppp and co-habitation yuriiii

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 2:49AM

joined Jun 17, 2020

Can someone explain the ending for me??

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

That's an impressive ending. The writer truly shows how they became a real family.

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

Can someone explain the ending for me??

There’s been a biiig 13 year timeskip and Midori’s child, Kon, runs away from home after getting into an argument with Maki. Kon feels out of place in school due to her classmates’ homophobia toward her family. Kon internalizes this homophobia in that she doesn’t want to be ‘weird’ and left out, so her relationship with them (especially Maki) is strained. Maki’s friend, Komari finds her and takes her in for a bit. After sum stuff, she shows her a picture of Maki and Midori on the beach, causing Kon to break down. She’s angry at herself for not defending herself and her parents and admits she doesn’t hate Maki. In the end, she acknowledges her parents’ hardships to be together. When Komari takes that picture of Kon, it’s a final reminder that Kon is truly Midori and Maki’s child (really liked this line so I stole it from @johnb’s post above).

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 3:08AM

D2fgxr7uyaer9l3~2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I really fucking love this series vjdngnskgjsjcn

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

IT WASN'T POPULAR IN JAPAN??? WTH WHY.
i WOULD DIE FOR A PHYSICAL COPY ASDJFSGAHGKHDS;HFV
THIS THING HAD ME SOBBING UNCONTROLLABLY AT 4AM FUCK

20200815_161932_copy_299x300_copy_280x290
joined Dec 4, 2019

Bruhh seeing Komari all grown up and confident, still havin her passion for photography; beautiful. Not to mention we get to see the kid and glimpses of the past, tying them all together. Thank you for all your work on this series.

Wish we coulda seen Maki and Midori one last time tho.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Pretty good chapter to wrap it all up.

Logocion
joined Jan 30, 2013

Holyshit I do hope this would be on sale online somewhere translated. Ltd buy it in a heartbeat

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

It’s 5:30 AM, I haven’t slept, and now I’m crying. A productive night.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Credit where credit is due, apparently Tazune turned out to be a decent father and is even "forgiving" enough to both not fuck with the gay duo in revenge AND still stay in contact to have a presence in his daughter's life. (Even if separated and presumably without custody of the child.)

Doesn't undo what a shit he's been, but it's great to see a narrative acknowledge that bad people aren't necessarily 100% bad in everything they do or incapable of positive change. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and all that.

Maybe after 13 years he's actually a decent person, or maybe he's the same old shit just seen through the eyes of his child who wants him to be a good guy, but either way he's not just some cartoon villain swept under the rug.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

oh my gosh i loved the ending, made me teary seeing the last bit of it T_T

edit: now time to reread it all in one go :D

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 5:41AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So that picture was taken at the Angel Road at Shōdoshima. I suspected as much. I might be going there next time i get a chance to visit Japan. And while I'm there, I may as well check out some locations from Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san too

joined Jun 7, 2019

Kon's personality is the same as Maki's hahaha that shows that parents are not the ones you share blood with, parents are the ones who raise you

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Credit where credit is due, apparently Tazune turned out to be a decent father and is even "forgiving" enough to both not fuck with the gay duo in revenge AND still stay in contact to have a presence in his daughter's life. (Even if separated and presumably without custody of the child.)

Doesn't undo what a shit he's been, but it's great to see a narrative acknowledge that bad people aren't necessarily 100% bad in everything they do or incapable of positive change. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and all that.

Maybe after 13 years he's actually a decent person, or maybe he's the same old shit just seen through the eyes of his child who wants him to be a good guy, but either way he's not just some cartoon villain swept under the rug.

All true, but let’s not go overboard. It’s great that Kon perceives her father as being nice to her, but the divorced dad who shows off by buying the kid things the mother can’t afford is a classic split-family trope. That’s some distance from being a “decent father” (which * gag * Tazune may be; we just have insufficient evidence for it).

And I agree with everybody else—one of the best timeskip endings I can recall.

To reply you must either login or sign up.