Forum › Posts by Throbelisk

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Keep this visible so the mods can delete it and ban this person for whatever the hell this is supposed to be.

Throbelisk
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Good series but I wished they hadn't introduced that lame ass girl who spoke in the third person like a mental defective/sociopath

That's just a manner of speaking in a lot of manga/anime. Akari from Yuru Yuri does it all the time, and she's neither a mental defective nor a sociopath. Maybe don't assume things when you don't have all of the information.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

#notallhumans

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I haven't seen any stereotypes for pansexuals, because I've hardly seen anything about pansexuals, or how they differ from bisexuality.

Pansexuals are simply able to be attracted to anyone, no matter their sex or gender. Bisexuality as a term just means that someone is attracted to more than one sex or gender, but not necessarily all. I called myself bisexual until I found out that the word pansexual exists, and what it means. So the stereotypes for pansexuals are basically the same as for bisexuals, but homophobes regard us as even worse, since we are able to be attracted to trans, non-binary, and pretty much everyone else they regard as "lesser" or "mentally ill."

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I was so ready to make a joke regarding Johnny Twobags, but apparently the title means something else. Feelsbadman.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I need a marriage sequel for this.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I've never heard of a promiscuity stereotype for lesbians. It's used by the religious conservatives against gay men in the US, but they seem to leave lesbians alone for the most part (besides the off-hand "eww" comment). As a pansexual, I'm used to having things like how promiscuous and desperate I am thrown at me constantly, but I'm kind of envious of how chill most people are towards lesbians. I've also been reading yuri manga for many years, and I've never even seen such a stereotype mentioned.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Rogue One was the best Star Wars film of the last 25 years, and the only one I'd consider re-watching today. No Mara Jade? No Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin (the second)? Fuck you, Disney. Go to hell.

last edited at Dec 2, 2020 11:13AM

Throbelisk
Image Comments 01 Dec 20:44
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017
86008358_p0

I do love how the Youmu graphic on her panties seems like it could have been drawn by Dowman Sayman. Maybe this is an alternate universe where Sayman's "Girlfriend Panties" business (no, this is not a real thing) is a huge success.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

It's nice to find new things to be interested in.

Throbelisk
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Always nice to see the corruption spread to new victims.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I'm counting the seconds until landlady-san decides to stop "playing the part" and do it for real.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Did someone say "Boo-Breasts?"

Imgur

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Actually, it was just a goof on the comment about wanting a mountain bike for Christmas since that was so very random, even for this thread.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Just a friendly reminder not to let your kids play on your computer while you're logged into NSFW sites like Dynasty.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 5:46AM

Throbelisk
Image Comments 01 Dec 02:03
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017
86008358_p0

@elevown - (◔_◔)

Throbelisk
School Zone discussion 01 Dec 01:56
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

When AD Vision dubbed Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi (set in Osaka) they used actors from the Houston area (ADV's home), giving it an East Texas twang.

Nazis and Romans in movies inexplicably have British accents, too. What's your point? Using what you're familiar with instead of attempting to understand the source just shows a superficial understanding and lack of care for the source material on the part of a lot of companies who have localized anime and manga.

Throbelisk
School Zone discussion 01 Dec 00:54
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

Kanto/Kansai rivarly is similar to Yankee/Redneck you know...

It's not, though. Kansai dialect is not equivalent to slow-talking country bumpkin at all. Both areas are metropolitan areas, and the two most populous ones in Japan, at that. A more apt comparison would be the New York / L.A. rivalry.

To be fair, though, there isn't an actual perfect 1:1 comparison between Kanto / Kansai and any two US regions.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 12:58AM

Throbelisk
Image Comments 30 Nov 22:42
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017
Bbc-chan-854656-aqua_and_larxene

Victo-what?

Throbelisk
Image Comments 30 Nov 22:39
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017
86008358_p0

Butt what I really wanna know is...is this the result of them being isekai'd after whatever the hell was going on here?

Throbelisk
Image Comments 30 Nov 22:33
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017
D4cryc2uiaau1rx-orig

It's so dangerous to leave something like this just sitting out where anyone can see it, especially during a worldwide health crisis.

Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

My search for them came up with a pinterest page, but I don't know if it's by them or just someone archiving their stuff.

Throbelisk
School Zone discussion 30 Nov 20:36
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I do wonder why Yatsude talks like a southerner...does she have a Kansai Dialect and the Scanlators have translated it with a Southern Accent?

The choice of a southern US accent has never made sense to me. Kansai dialect is noticeably faster than others, but southerners talk slower than northerners in the US. The single reasoning I've ever heard is that both Kansai and southern dialects are the second most plentiful as far as the number of people who use them (this was years ago, so those numbers could very well be off now). It would make more sense (to me at least) to use a dialect that replicates the feeling of Kansai, rather than the number of people using it. Something like a Boston accent or New York accent would more accurately convey the fast-paced, pronunciation-bending feel. Being able to consistently convey that through only text would be another matter, though.

Throbelisk
Image Comments 30 Nov 10:23
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017
85918476_p0

^ Clutch your pearls for fictional video game characters somewhere else please.

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 10:23AM

Throbelisk
Furry discussion 30 Nov 01:21
Utsugi
joined Nov 24, 2017

I mean personally I don't like furries

Why did you feel this was necessary?