Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

This series thrives on the most private and intimate of moments with just the two of them.

except when Omi is watching lol

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Huh, I thought kissing her neck until her mind melted was enough of a tell, but apparently mouth to mouth kisses are needed for these idiots.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Was the height difference between them always this pronounced?

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

runrin posted:

is this the start of the first kiss at the festival arc? hope so

Hopefully and not a "The truth is I Lo- FIREWORKS

And then go back to the status quo, pretending we had character development but virtually nothing changes.... hmmm to negative?

"I love fireworks too."

hino is wearing heels. we saw them last chapter. people were wondering why she'd wear heels to walk to the library lol.

Huh, I thought kissing her neck until her mind melted was enough of a tell, but apparently mouth to mouth kisses are needed for these idiots.

or, ya know. taking a million close up shots of kogu in a bathing suit, and saving them in a folder labeled "treasures". then kogu is all like "she did this to make fun of me"

last edited at Feb 1, 2022 7:11PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

runrin posted:

is this the start of the first kiss at the festival arc? hope so

Hopefully and not a "The truth is I Lo- FIREWORKS

And then go back to the status quo, pretending we had character development but virtually nothing changes.... hmmm to negative?

We're in the Reiwa era, that shit better not be happening. Every character needs to be able to pull a Nino from the Quintuplets manga and just power through that.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This series thrives on the most private and intimate of moments with just the two of them.

except when Omi is watching lol

Omichi and mom are literally the only other two "characters" we've seen, so I guess my point stands?

Besides, Omi-chapters are mostly comedy IIRC and not particularly development-driven.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Really, I can't imagine a kiss at the festival that would fit with my idea of the story. After the festival is entirely different. I could see any number of things happening afterwards, but not while they're in public and in Yukatas. This series thrives on the most private and intimate of moments with just the two of them.

Most of the story happens at school so all theyd need is a private corner of the festival area, a manga staple, to have a good confession ground

joined Aug 29, 2019

Most of the story happens at school so all theyd need is a private corner of the festival area, a manga staple, to have a good confession ground

I'm gonna be a bit difficult and say "but that'd still put too great an emphasis on the environment being special in its own right instead of them". The "special places" and "special circumstances" that had major developments I can recall in this series were special because they were the other's room/house.
I may be afraid of the fireworks being too distracting, "The truth is I Lo- FIREWORKS" happening, as Serenata so nicely mentioned, or them downplaying it as "getting swept up in the moment" afterwards.

last edited at Feb 1, 2022 7:31PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Really, I can't imagine a kiss at the festival that would fit with my idea of the story. After the festival is entirely different. I could see any number of things happening afterwards, but not while they're in public and in Yukatas. This series thrives on the most private and intimate of moments with just the two of them.

Yeah they could easily find a private area to watch the fireworks together.

I'm honestly super excited for the upcoming chapters, I know to not get my hopes up for a kiss, but it feels like we're getting close.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If we haven't learned to let this one proceed at its own pace by now, we never will.

That said, is this the first pure "relationship" chapter in this series without the slightest hint of a prank, something being mistaken for a prank, someone saying something they don't really mean, or someone dismissing their own feelings?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^There are chapters without that stuff but with some comedy that i wouldnt call relationship chapters.

The only chapters i can think of off hand that would qualify for that would be 64 when she is taking care of the sick Hino, and some early chapters like 8- and 24 for sure. Then 10 and 63 and 25 nearly count too- maybe a few more..

So yeah- this chapter isnt the 1st like this.

last edited at Feb 1, 2022 8:39PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

More or less https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch11#12

But there is some fluctuation - as you almost always get in manga with lots of chapters - she is often drawn about 1-2 inch taller, just above Hino's shoulders.

And as people mentioned- she is wearing heels here too.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^There are chapters without that stuff but with some comedy that i wouldnt call relationship chapters.

The only chapters i can think of off hand that would qualify for that would be 64 when she is taking care of the sick Hino, and some early chapters like 8- and 24 for sure. Then 10 and 63 and 25 nearly count too- maybe a few more..

So yeah- this chapter isnt the 1st like this.

Well, I almost, and should have, added "misunderstanding the other's feelings" to the "dismissing their own feelings" part, which would knock out Chapter 8, and 10 has the "joke" about couples under the umbrella.

But you're right about 24, 63 & 64 (although in 63 it feels like a gag when Hino passes out after Koguma blows on her spoonful of porridge).

I don't mean to quibble about this; it's just that to me this really did feel like the first chapter that could have come out of a straight (in genre terms) romance story, without a gag or boke-tsukkomi exchange hovering in the background (maybe, as Zormau suggests, because the whole thing takes place in public).

A lovely chapter, in any case, and let's give it up for our courageous Little Bear.

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

I find myself slightly disappointed by the appearance of the typical summer festival trope, feels a bit oversaturated to me at this point, but I'm still dying to see how it goes xD

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

My money is on Kogu taking that step and kissing Hino, cause that would be a nice twist and, well, who doesn't like a reversal?
Kind of fits with how hesitant and self conscious Hino as become as of late

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

cut n gay
they will kiss

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I mean, after these last few chapters - the last 2, specifically - there's no way that we aren't on track for some great development. Koguma clearly understands that 'things can't be the same', but thankfully, the ending shows that at least their relationship isn't destroyed, as sad as a wasted summer is. Now, they can only move up from here.

Hino looks so mature in that last panel too.

Man, I can't wait to see how this continues to move forward. $100 bucks on Hino asking Koguma if she's wearing panties under her yukata, or if she's being traditional about it.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I find myself slightly disappointed by the appearance of the typical summer festival trope, feels a bit oversaturated to me at this point, but I'm still dying to see how it goes xD

I tend to think of it like the US equivalent of prom. Every high school movie or tv show has a prom. Every manga has a summer festival, even the isekais.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

I swear if the "fireworks confession scene that probably won't happen cuz of plot" ends up somewhat like Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun-

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I swear if the "fireworks confession scene that probably won't happen cuz of plot" ends up somewhat like Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun-

"i love fireworks too"

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

What if
They finally kiss in ch99

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

I tend to think of it like the US equivalent of prom. Every high school movie or tv show has a prom. Every manga has a summer festival, even the isekais.

Yeah that's fair, but I'm not that big on prom either. The fact they're so ubiquitous in fiction is why I'm tired of seeing them. They feel oversaturated in the genres for me, at least by this point.

joined Aug 29, 2019

$100 bucks on Hino asking Koguma if she's wearing panties under her yukata, or if she's being traditional about it.

No one's gonna take you up on that, it'd be a sure loss.
That's definitely going to happen :D

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

$100 bucks on Hino asking Koguma if she's wearing panties under her yukata, or if she's being traditional about it.

And then she'll check, just in case.

joined Jan 6, 2017

And then she'll check, just in case.

But what if: Koguma's answer is not done verbally

last edited at Feb 2, 2022 9:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.