Forum › Posts by Sanya Juutilainen

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Emails now working again, thanks a lot!

Provider: Gmail
Last before outage: 2022-04-08 07:31 CEST (Miss Sunflower - ch. 59)
First since outage: 2024-05-13 01:02 CEST (Slow Start - ch. 143)

last edited at May 12, 2024 7:41PM

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Oh gods, I am melting now. Good chapter, good chapter!

Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Ms. Clerk, please don't die...

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Caught up to one manga today and upon realizing that it had multiple released chapters in past month and I had it on subscribed, I went and checked and saw that I got no notification mails since April 2022, there's nothing in my spam either, even though in my settings I have notification e-mails enabled. Is the feature broken or is that just my profile issue?

last edited at Jan 28, 2023 10:02PM

Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

I'll be honest here - compared to most comments, I really lost the interest in this one over time. I still read it, but it felt like it was the strongest in its early chapters and then it just... whittled away? And it's not the issue with the format, I still love every chapter of Futaribeya, which is almost as long (longer by page count).

It's just that... all the tries to cram in some development felt really obvious and unnatural to me. Don't even know why, because it was pretty natural life events that "could" actually happen. Maybe Sakuma felt like a watching bystander as of late, even over the tries to give her her own plot? Maybe Wanko felt like she didn't ever change, because each her development was closed by the same celebration (which made it felt like the same old Wanko, even though the chapter was all about development)? I know these are partly stupid reasons, but it really made it felt like every advancement and development was crammed in, loudly announced and then it amounted to nothing... in the end they have a role as a seiyuu and a role as a writer, but didn't they do that at the start as well, just on smaller scale? Maybe the feeling of development it meant for them was somehow not transferred enough for me to understand it, dissolved by side events and side plots?

Don't know. But in the end, the later chapters were just a miss with me, sorry, Ikeda-sensei.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

pomf

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

And then they were SLEEPMATES.

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 5:54AM

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Thank you for completing this, now I can die happy =w=

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Relationship arc?

[Insert JoJo YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! gif here]

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

At this point, they could be in the midst of hot, ardent sex, and Koguma would still be thinking, "But does Hino really like me that way?" The only thing this series likes to do more than trolling Koguma is trolling the readers. I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

...in the next chapter it would show up that they were actually only exercising and it was just a play of the angles.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Is it just me or has Hino-san become the title on Dynasty that currently gets the most community engagement in terms of forum posts and involvement per chapter?
Sure, it's been going for a few years and has 92 chapters now, but 3600+ posts in the thread is nothing to sneeze at. Not even Futaribeya or Hana ni Arashi have as many posts, though then again Bloom into You has more than twice as many :D The power of having an anime adaptation I guess?

Imagine Hino getting an anime, the thread length would break.

Sanya Juutilainen
Yuyushiki discussion 28 Oct 12:55
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

I'm so sorry for them, Okaa-san...

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_ni_arashi_ch104#12

Ahhh, the classic "both parties move in at the same time leading to a blunt impact". Happens to everyone =w=

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

strangely transphobic bathroom joke in this one... I hope im just missing context somehow. I dont expect bkub to be a paragon of kindness or anything but that one was so 1 dimensionally mean that it reads like some awful fascist comics id rather not name

It's not a trans person. It's a peeper who wants to leer girls on their bathroom, thus stuff like "He's gonna find that I'm a guy" or "Gotta fool him with a girly voice" which don't really work for trans people. Trans girl won't think: "I'm a guy," because she's not and trans people don't usually maintain something like separate voices.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

I wonder if the last page is so depressing looking due to perhaps Christmas being the editor’s birthday with the cake and all.

In Japan it's common to eat cake on Christmas Day, so it's likely "only" that.

Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Ohhh, this reminds me when me and my then-GF got called bunch of gays in winter, because we're both man height and wore winter coats...

Though at least in this case it wasn't meant as an insult, so that's better, I guess.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Matsumoto is the best. The others I usually just smile and appreciate as cute, but her chapters really bring tears of laughter to my eyes.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Thanks a lot for the retranslated chapters, it's nice to reread those~

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

It's a bit of an odd thing, I think the warnings are the right idea due to some people having history with the subject, but since basically nothing else gets a warning I end up being spoiled by the warning. The only solution I can think of would be an opt out warning (though obviously that would have issues with being carried over to aggregators).

my personal suggestion would be a separate system of content warning tags similar to ao3. then you could turn them off to avoid being spoiled, or blacklist them if you want to avoid certain content. think like red tags listed after the main ones which could be toggled on and off. i would move things like rape, violence, abuse, etc into the CW tag category as well.

maybe there should be a thread about this specifically where people discuss different ideas? I've brought it up in a few threads before but there wasn't much traction. until a system like this is added i will continue to put warnings on chapters that i edit.

"This is a work of fiction and may disturb you at any time. Approach with caution."

Then put that before every chapter of every work out there. After all, anything can trigger anyone, so better remind them reading stuff can cause that.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

I think I read that elsewhere already?

It was a web series (or sth, never follow the originals that much, might've been Pixiv or anything) and got serialized. Also got posted on other manga servers as others mentioned.

Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Inb4 class president also wants a bit of slap instead of the one slapping

Sarasa's harem grows ever-so-bigger!

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Bamboozled~

Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Bunch of lovely dorks~

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Pretty sure there's kissing or crying at bottom of page 19 https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/what_was_i_just_thinking#19 , there's no way she would lean that low purely for strangling, that'd only make it harder.

Weird dynamic pair, but seen weirder. Hoshizaki was provoking Makabe intentionally and triggered her S personality is how I see it - a success for her, based on her own reactions afterwards.

Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Touch fluffy tail