Forum › Posts by LiliumMeng

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

"Song that was all the rage" huh, sounds like there was a lot of rage.....against the machine?

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

My heart...

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

lmao, of all places to hear music debate, its in dynasty scans lol. I don't really listen to Nirvana or Foo Fighters besides like a few time years ago. I'm more into the prog metal/djent and math rock scene, but I think both bands are good and really cool they are referenced here.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Dang, as an AroAce, I appreciate the sentiment. But at the same time, I kinda wanted to at least see some more definite resolution at least for other characters like Rio. It was hard not to support her, but she wasn't mentioned once. Instead, we got a bitter end with her when she was left behind with no mention. I have a feeling this might've been axed?

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Although not as well delivered as the novel, it still made me shed tears.

I think the manga really did this scene justice, much better than I figured it would. I guess the rest of the adaptation is going to be a bit more emotionally hard-hitting than I thought!

The manga really did, I like it for different reasons than the novel. I just really like Rei's first-person narration in the novel and wished a bit that it made it more into the manga, though I understand that it is really hard to incorporate this element to a comic form, and one of the advantages a novel has over manga.

Both are enjoyable in different ways, I just wished that my favorite Rei quote from that scene made it into the manga though.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Although not as well delivered as the novel, it still made me shed tears. My favorite part of it in the novel that was not included was Rei's narration saying, "People are far more complicated than a book or a game can ever really depict. And I love that about them."

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 6:55PM

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Confession and 2 kisses in one chapter after a cliff hanger, what a blessing! I teared up so hard when they said love instead of like- and then confirmed that they are a couple.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Short and sweet ^_^

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

That hit me right in the feels... My heart... May that bear forever watch over them.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
93231705_p2

The tail holding onto her legs is so cute!

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

As someone who grew up in a semi-conservative Chinese family, I would rather have TongTong's mom. Just to be clear, I would not give up my family and I still love them, but it is just kinda like how Xiao Lu is with her mom just not to the extreme point. I can't talk about anything too personal with my mom and have to always hide many things. Whenever I am happy to the point of constantly having a big smile, I have calm myself down and make sure my face is neutral before facing my mom. It pretty much feels like you're caged in all the while having family and cultural expectations and pressure always looming over or beating down on you.

Whenever I am hanging out with my non-Asian friends, I kinda get a bit jealous that they can have such an open relationship with their mom, pretty much TongTong's mom, where they can tell each other anything and everything while having fun. It is something I wish I can do with my family, but at least I am fortunate enough that their family also treats me as if I'm their own kid.

So yea, I don't know what kind of crack that guy was on, Xiao Lu's mom is not the more responsible or better mom here. And TongTong's mom didn't know about p*do guy, and when she did because TongTong has an open relationship and they trust each other, TongTong's mom beat the literal crap out of him and did many measures to make sure it won't happen again.

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

I actually remember reading some ghost x gyaru before, with one crawling out of the gyaru's TV. Good stuff.

That sounds interesting. Link?

It sounds like they're talking about this
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sadako_chan_and_gyaru_yankee_chan#1

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

We are a minority but a proud one! Been accused of just liking it for the "lesbian sex" but there is nothing like the purity, the build up, the drama, the reveals, the love, the loss, the angst, the everything that comes with Yuri!

Yeah, it can be very tiresome to have fingers pointing at you just because you're male.

I used to feel very guilty about reading yuri as a guy even though I only like it for the romance and story while a lot of time avoiding old tired tropes of het romance. But then I got around to reading Bloom Into You and saw Maki's character, I found out about aromanticism (Same time that I started to pretty much exclusively read and watch yuri). After some thoughts and looking into my past, I've accepted that I am aromantic. Through that, I can like yuri without feeling guilty.

I pretty much feel repulsed when thinking about being in a relationship and it causes me anxiety. And as it stands, het stuff is full of fanservicey self-inserts that I avoid it all together. So yuri is the perfect media for me where I can just watch cute romance from the sidelines not involving me in no way shape or form- and also helps that I like cute and feminine stuff and can relate more to female characters.

So yeah, why do I have to feel ashamed or guilty for liking something when I have a perfectly good reason for it?

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
Hibicharactersheet

^for the series that was just released here, "Starry Days at Ecliptic Dorm"

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

Reread it and still cried.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
93231705_p0

Tail holding!!!! >///<

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

NOOOOOOOOO, how can you end a chapter like this. This much of a cliffhanger should be a crime.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
96290220_p0

^Damnit, I wish more mobile games were like Bandori and Assault Lily.

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
Moyuu_valentines

Nemesis is just another word for lover.

Also, I love how even though Shamiko knows about friendship chocolates, she decided to choose something else, implying that the way she feels about Momo is beyond that of a friend!!!

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

My only wish for this world are for these two to be together happily forever ;-;

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
96129500_p23

Love this manga, so wholesome and it taught me a good amount of Japanese lol. ^Most likely no anime though, since the author said that it wouldn't translate well to animation. Anyways, it's a low chance, but I do hope these two become somewhat official, or at least implied...

Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

I'm literally crying T-T
That was SOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEETTTTT!!!! I think I just got a cavity from this!

last edited at Feb 9, 2022 8:17PM

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021
Mitsu

Actually, I just rewatched the PV trailer, I only understand a bit of Japanese, but I think Dead Master might be yandere for BRS. In it, I'm pretty sure Dead Master said, "I won't let you run away anymore. This is my love, Empress Black Rock Shooter." So, here's hoping!
https://youtu.be/t7MZ6PDor94?t=27

LiliumMeng
Pfp5
joined Dec 6, 2021

I'm crying... That was so beautiful and cute.