Forum › Posts by Xeriné

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

I gotta ask, how close are we to the raws? The scanlation speed has been ridiculous lol, but I know it'll slow down once we're caught up xD

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Random thing I noticed is that the last panel sees Matoi put her hand on Yuriko's head. Due to the nature of the panel, it almost feels like a cliffhanger; it leaves Yuriko's reaction in the next chapter looking uncertain, at least to me. My predictions rely too heavily on genre tropes to rely on for this kind of trope-breaker series, so I might just be overthinking it lol

That aside, my favorite part of the chapter is Matoi not bringing up the scars until Yuriko does it herself. It feels mature and tactful. But it also emphasizes that she doesn't let the scars redefine her perception of Yuriko, she just kinda sees it as another side of her. Directly stated in the chapter through dialogue, but I just like that the subtle things reinforce it too.

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Man, this chapter was constructed almost like the ending of the manga. Had me fooled for a minute, until I remembered the unresolved plot threads, like the scars. Will be interesting to see how it goes from here with the long distance between them after the move.

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Here it cooooooooooooooooooooooooomes

The wait time is going to be cruel to me. But Damn, I know it'll be worth it. xD

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

I find myself slightly disappointed by the appearance of the typical summer festival trope, feels a bit oversaturated to me at this point, but I'm still dying to see how it goes xD

I tend to think of it like the US equivalent of prom. Every high school movie or tv show has a prom. Every manga has a summer festival, even the isekais.

Yeah that's fair, but I'm not that big on prom either. The fact they're so ubiquitous in fiction is why I'm tired of seeing them. They feel oversaturated in the genres for me, at least by this point.

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

I find myself slightly disappointed by the appearance of the typical summer festival trope, feels a bit oversaturated to me at this point, but I'm still dying to see how it goes xD

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Jealous of a plant lmao

The useless lesbian-screaming aspect of this chapter aside, Landlord-san's faces this chapter were a whole new level of cute. Something tells me this won't be the last time I think that xD

last edited at Jan 26, 2022 5:48PM

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

The chapter where Mashiro said "my like is much more than a normal like" with that angsty expression got to me more than any other part of the manga. But like, this time... I just busted out laughing. Girl, please get some glasses, you are clearly blind to the gay right in front of you lmao

Really looking forward to more, this is easily my favorite thing on the site at this point. Now begins the one month wait for a new release... ;-;

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Glad there's some p r o g r e s s, but somehow it feels too good to be true. Expecting a few "comedic" backsteps coming soon, though I really hope I'm wrong xD

Given the author, that's a pretty safe bet, but I dunno--this chapter felt really serious to me.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It almost feels unnatural for this story. That's why I'm so skeptical, I'm constantly waiting on some kind of punchline, because the serious tone of the chapter feels so out of place. I hope the tone means the progress isn't going to quickly regress, but we'll see.

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Glad there's some p r o g r e s s, but somehow it feels too good to be true. Expecting a few "comedic" backsteps coming soon, though I really hope I'm wrong xD

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

The quick turnaround on the fight is about what I expected, but I'm still waiting on Mashiro to get it through her head that Nagisa's "like" is romantic too, lol. I feel like it's gonna happen during the summer, but until then I'm kinda expecting there to be occasional chapters like this one where there's conflict that resolves quickly, but overall is symptomatic of the communication disconnect.

Regardless of all that, the wait time between chapters is physically painful. I look forward to future updates, but man do I wish new chapters came out more than once a month xD

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 12:20AM

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

The twist threw me for a loop, but damn, grandma is great. Best yuri manga grandma I've seen in a long time, lol

But that aside, that last page. The panels seemed to hint at something in the general vicinity of drama coming up soon. The panel with the "house to myself," bit looked a lot like the landlady had some kind of realization that goes beyond the rest of the page. That may be stylistic, but the next panel lends itself to such a setup as well. Asako says she's joking, but it's mostly off-panel and focused on the floor, like the mangaka wanted to hide her face. And this may be a translation thing, but the comment "joking, just joking," seems a little too composed to me, but that might be reaching. But the "joke" itself also didn't really have the feel of a joke, either, in how she said it and in the fact it didn't show her face either.

I dunno, maybe I'm just overanalyzing it, but it seems to me like there might be some implications for future chapters.

Xeriné
Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
But wait does Mashiro remember how MC helped her at the entrance exam day?

Still isn't clear yet - author may be holding it out as a plot twist in future chapters

Tbh I've been expecting that twist from early on, but that might just be trope-based assumptions kicking in. We'll see, though I have the feeling that if she does remember, it'll be revealed when the idiot couple finds out it's mutual lol

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Honestly, I consider comics from east Asia in general manga, and western stuff as comics. But that's just a label, and I'm not even claiming my categorization is objective. But like, who even cares what the label is anyway? Girls being gay is girls being gay, and if it's good, it's good. Nothing else matters, least of all the label you put on it.

That aside, heckin oof. Poor girl, hope she gets the girl soon.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 2:37PM

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Pixivy update

HUG?!

I saw that too! First checked the raws the day that came out. The raws are so hard to interpret with no context xD

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Okay yeah, she knows. This didn't have the subtlety of a brick through a window, it abandoned the concept of subtlety entirely. But that raises the question: if she knows, why hasn't she said anything yet? Is she waiting for MC to say it on her own? Because I hate to tell you girl, but your streamer friend over here is a top tier useless lesbian. xD

Also, seems my concern of the story stagnating isn't as much of a problem as I thought. This development was unexpectedly quick, so the pace is already changing, and that probably means the stagnation I worried about won't be an issue.

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 10:05PM

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Every chapter, I get the suspicion more and more that friend/fangirl actually knows. Last chapter it felt like bringing up the string of "coincidences" was prodding to see if it'd make MC confess to it, and this new chapter, she literally tells real life MC not to let her VTuber self retire. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but the hinting feels about as subtle as a brick crashing through a window to me.

Yeah the part where she directly told her not to retire the Vtuber character feels odd. Maybe the whole reason she fell for this Vtuber is exactly because she knows it was her best friend and is actually just trying to coax a confession to confirm her suspicion.

We already had that happen with that other manga recently about the disciplinary committee member and the "delinquent" where the committee member is also working at a crossdressing cafe and the "delinquent" acts in love with the crossdressed version, but in reality is in love with the committee member and knew all her secrets.

It's a fun concept but it will get boring if way too many mangas just resort to it as the default twist.

True, but I'll take another dose of that before it becomes the standard, it's an interesting twist. I just hope that if it is true, they don't make the current stage of their relationship drag on too long, or even worse, last until the end of the manga before the reveal.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 10:11PM

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Every chapter, I get the suspicion more and more that friend/fangirl actually knows. Last chapter it felt like bringing up the string of "coincidences" was prodding to see if it'd make MC confess to it, and this new chapter, she literally tells real life MC not to let her VTuber self retire. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but the hinting feels about as subtle as a brick crashing through a window to me.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 9:08PM