Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Jul 1, 2018

Guys, I finally found out why Hagino was pushing that boy into the story by putting him in every chapter, it turns out he was the former main character of her one shot that she submitted to the magazine, allowing her to serialize her own manga!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/694406/1

His name is Aoshima Haruto.

Literally who. ' -')

This guy
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch28#18

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Nice find, the girl who joins the aquarium club looks like Rena as well, though if I had to guess they just look the same rather than it being the same continuity.

But man, am I glad we dodged a love triangle-based romcom.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

BeanBeanKingdom said:

Sorry for the image spam that's about to ensue, but I've wanted to do this for a while. I fell in love with the setting, the town of Nagahama in Ehime, and I took the time to find some of the landmarks that appear in the manga on google maps because I love when stories accurately reproduce settings that aren't the usual big cities everybody knows. And so, bear with me as I take you on a little sightseeing tour.

[Much imagery removed.]

Hope you enjoyed!

Yes, thank you! (Also, glad I'm not the only one who's gone on a Google virtual tour of Nagahama and environs.)

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Next chapter is up on mangadex and I assume is about to be uploaded here.

Lovely scene, Konatsu going "this sucks" and asking Koyuki to keep coming to the club feels liberating after all the time she spent trying to grin and bear it whenever things wouldn't go her way.

The narration at the end makes me feel like a timeskip might happen to a time when the new status quo of the aquarium club has settled, but I really hope it doesn't happen because I'd like to see the events of this summer, especially now that the two of them are on a first name basis.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Tags: Insane Amounts Of Sex

I wonder how many more chapters we have left.....

We'd probably have heard by now if Hagino was planning on finishing with the upcoming volume, right?

joined Jul 27, 2020

I created an account here because I want to talk about Hanigare so much...

Maybe the thing I like the most in this series is the well-written story. I remember reading it light-heartedly at first, with blushing and cuteness here and there. The conflicts presented in this story were small at the beginning, often resolved in just one-two chapters. But as the story progressed, the conflicts were getting bigger and then finally we got that main conflict in volume 6-7. It felt natural, and Hagino-sensei didn't drop the bomb unexpectedly just for the sake of an unnecessary drama. It was important for both of them to confront each other, so they can open their heart.

In the preview of volume 8 (from volume 7), the caption implied that the next arc is about how Konatsu and Koyuki cherishes their remaining time together. I think we'll get the development of their relationship, and I believe Hagino-sensei won't make it to a waste. Still, I wonder how she brings it? This series is already more romantic than many romance manga, will she be able to take it to the next level without breaking the barrier of friendship?

joined Dec 3, 2018

Funny how new readers havent heard the news. Sweet summer children.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I created an account here because I want to talk about Hanigare so much...

Maybe the thing I like the most in this series is the well-written story. I remember reading it light-heartedly at first, with blushing and cuteness here and there. The conflicts presented in this story were small at the beginning, often resolved in just one-two chapters. But as the story progressed, the conflicts were getting bigger and then finally we got that main conflict in volume 6-7. It felt natural, and Hagino-sensei didn't drop the bomb unexpectedly just for the sake of an unnecessary drama. It was important for both of them to confront each other, so they can open their heart.

In the preview of volume 8 (from volume 7), the caption implied that the next arc is about how Konatsu and Koyuki cherishes their remaining time together. I think we'll get the development of their relationship, and I believe Hagino-sensei won't make it to a waste. Still, I wonder how she brings it? This series is already more romantic than many romance manga, will she be able to take it to the next level without breaking the barrier of friendship?

Welcome! I agree, going back to the first few volumes you can see how their relationship is a lot more fluffy and lighthearted but also shallow. They weren't really capable of understanding how much they meant to each other, which led to the cracks that eventually formed and the necessity for them to clarify things. Now that they're back on good terms their bond feels much deeper, which is why I'd like to see them go to this year's summer festival or another event to highlight the difference with the previous year.

EDIT: And here it is.

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 4:01PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that sure was yuri.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Koyuki was so assertive and "handsome" this time, how could you not fall for her...
I'm surprised that the author hasn't announced when it's going to end, it really makes you feel that there's only a couple of chapters left but I wouldn't mind going for another volume... hmmm well, if they're not together, I don't know if that's going to be fun.

Well like I said previously, if this is the further they'll go in terms of subtext then I'm okay, I really love how it turned out and the previous' chapter line really makes the author's intention pretty clear, you can't call this friendship but we don't need to call it lovers but of course I hope they stay together in the future.

You would need to be a sadistic person to ruin the story at this point!

Thanks Hachimitsu scans... It sure it's been a long ride! (well it's not over yet!)

joined Jul 17, 2019

#SUBTEXT

I am going insane. Kiss already.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Alright, now that the chapter is on Dynasty, time for my (stupidly) long analysis of what's going on. But first:

Koyuki is dad confirmed
Premarital hand touching
RoMAnCE ARC

So, I'll say that not much of what I've previously posted can be redacted just quite yet, though I was for sure wrong about somethings regarding intentions and chapter content. I still believe that there's a lot to be done in this manga before it finishes, I guess those things I predicted will just come later rather than sooner. I really think that this series has a lot of parallels with another one of my favorite manga, The Ancient Magus' bride. Most notably where the first 45 chapters, although essential for setting up the story would be seen as a "prequel" of sorts to the actual story, which is where we are in the manga. I think this because the majority of the first 45 chapters, similar to Nettaigyo were an exploration and solidification of the main character. Although there was an ongoing conflict, the most important part of the first 45 chapters was the main character developing into a stronger person by the end. I think that Nettaigyo will most likely go this route. The past 30 chapters have been about the two main characters finding who they are and becoming comfortable with each other and with themselves. It was refreshing for Konatsu to just say that Honami leaving would "suck". After 30 chapters, we get the two main characters who are properly themselves; a bluntly honest Konatsu, who seems like will stop doing things she knows she'll regret, and an assertive (top energy??) kind and helping Koyuki, who seems to be comfortable being herself. We really have been brought full circle, as if you take a read of the first couple of chapters, you'll see the characters taking these personalities. Konatsu being forward and honest with Koyuki, pushing her way into Koyuki's seemingly impenetrable social bubble, and Koyuki being knowledgeable, caring and someone who was pretty assertive (reaching out to Konatsu in the first chapter, helping her out with fishing, finding her during the festival) in her advances with Konatsu. In a way, they are taking form of the people that they wanted to be, but in a healthy way (cue Bloom into You reference), which we as the reader know because of this past arc.

I'm guessing that this second half of 28 was also supposed to be in the previous volume, which would make plenty of sense, since it was a very good closer of this arc. As for the next arc, I would only think that it would lead to romance, especially with that cue the author gave us last chapter (of course, dad jokes had to get in the way), and with the last page of this chapter. What is next for them? Now that they know that they can't be without each other, and will be happy with just the other person, there are plenty of things to happen. But, just like The Ancient Magus' Bride, I think that it'll take chapters to rebuild and reset the presence of the story, which is no longer "two lonely girls". I'd really like them to go back to when they were happy in one another's company, having normal, mega baity, interactions with one another. If the author wants to see the story until graduation, at the pace we're at, it'll probably take another 20ish chapters to get through summer, fall, and winter. I'd say that there's plenty of time for romance to fully and naturally develop, since most of the internal character arcs have been resolved, unless there's some external factor that comes in, there wouldn't be much left to deal with emotionally besides romance (I mean, they're even on a first name basis!)

I mean in the end its up to the author, and would be totally fine if she gave us slice of life stuff for the rest of the series (Konatsu's gotta become president, the two have to find more ways to spend time with each other outside of club, etc), but I can't help but hope the relationship between the two will develop further, and at this point it wouldn't seem forced or anything. I mean if we're really going full circle, I fully expect the next few chapters being about Honami getting nervous and flustered over Konatsu for (other) reasons lol.

Short chapter, so nothing to really dissect visually, besides a few things.

This chapter appears to take place on the same beach as chapter 1, which is one of the main reasons I think that the mangaka is intentionally going full circle with character interactions in the next arc (she's been very specific about what is put in, and every setting and character and object has an underlying reason for being feature in the scene).

Twice in this chapter, black shadows were cast on Koyuki, I can't help but think that it's foreshadowing SOMETHING. I mean, the Mangaka could be hiding Koyuki's intense blushing at those moments (maybe not to spoil the next arc, since we haven't gotten a Koyuki chapter in while, but idk), but they're placed in very peculiar spots, so I can't help but think about it.

I think we find out that Konatsu if not being deferred from reverting to her old self, as in this chapter she's seen being more honest, and less lonely.

I have NO CLUE on what the seashells are signaling to. There's a panel where a crab gets covered in beach water, not sure what means either. They each take one shell (I find it funny how Koyuki's is a hermit crab shell) and place them next to one another. Maybe it was to add continuity through the chapter, but I will be revising this specific subject in later chapters because I can't seem to label it as just that.

This entire chapter needs a blushing tag strictly because of Koyuki's smile on page 2 (she totally looks like Fuyuki here)

The dialogue on page 2 really just felt like a rejection to Koyuki if she was being serious about the moon stuff the previous chapter (we won't know until we get inside her thoughts again), with the reference completely going over Konatsu's head, and Koyuki having to literally tell her that she just wanted to see her. Although it doesn't seem outside Koyuki's realm of dork to try and imitate Konatsu's dad to curb her loneliness from him leaving (though they never spoke about him leaving so idk how she would know) But anyway, I felt Koyuki's pain there.

The paneling and dialogue placement of page 15
(https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch28_5#15)
It's stunning and really one of the best pages I've read in manga. Granted how the characters are supposed to be two sides of the concept of loneliness, along with being "Summer" and "Snow", visually it is shown in such a perfect way on this page.

The same goes for page 14
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch28_5#14
Their hands literally summarize the plot of this entire arc in three drawings, I find that creatively amazing to even come up with that idea

Honami's hair is drawn in this chapter in a way that makes her look older, I just noticed it by looking back at previous chapters. Not sure whether it was intentional, but it's a nice look for her.

And that concludes my long analysis of this chapter lol

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 12:13AM by Tooko

joined Jul 1, 2018

I'm surprised that the author hasn't announced when it's going to end, it really makes you feel that there's only a couple of chapters left but I wouldn't mind going for another volume... hmmm well, if they're not together, I don't know if that's going to be fun.

You know I was wondering that too, the author did post on her twitter that it isn't ending yet, but I would assume that if it was going to be soon rather than later, we would make it to at least volume 10, since 9 is an odd number. So in the worst case scenario, I would say around 8-10 chapters

My feelings..their feelings, calling eachother by their first names under the light of the moon, by the sea, with open hearts and feelings, while touching hands; really doesn't get more romantic than that, like a person said above this manga is definitely way more romantic than most "explicit" mangas. This is kinda yuri to me tbh, with all the feelings and whatnot even if they aren't together, they're still together. I really do want to see them (possibly) go to the summer festival soon. Thank you so much for the continuous hardwork on the translations, it really does feel like the end, I'm gonna be sad to see this end when it does.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I have NO CLUE on what the seashells are signaling to.

Hanky panky o3o

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like there's been too long of a setup about what Konatsu is going to do until her own high school graduation to just ignore or completely timeskip it in the two remaining chapters of volume 8. When did they first mention it, volume 4 even? And now they just re-established it last chapter and she tellingly still hasn't come up with an answer yet. In fact, the conversation on the beach just ended up being about the two's immediate future of the current summer rather than what they had started to talk about on the phone (Koyuki going to Tokyo after graduation and Konatsu having to choose a career path), so that tells me it's more likely they and the story will be taking the next developments step by step. It ending with this volume would just reek of sudden cancellation to me, as much as the comparison to the Salamander short story has been explicitly fulfilled and left behind now. I've stated for years that I never thought that would mark the end but that would rather be the jumping-off point for the author to tell her own story with that setup.

joined Jul 1, 2018

I have NO CLUE on what the seashells are signaling to.

Hanky panky o3o

LMAO, that would be quite the twist!

joined Jul 1, 2018

I feel like there's been too long of a setup about what Konatsu is going to do until her own high school graduation to just ignore or completely timeskip it in the two remaining chapters of volume 8. When did they first mention it, volume 4 even? And now they just re-established it last chapter and she tellingly still hasn't come up with an answer yet. In fact, the conversation on the beach just ended up being about the two's immediate future of the current summer rather than what they had started to talk about on the phone (Koyuki going to Tokyo after graduation and Konatsu having to choose a career path), so that tells me it's more likely they and the story will be taking the next developments step by step. It ending with this volume would just reek of sudden cancellation to me, as much as the comparison to the Salamander short story has been explicitly fulfilled and left behind now. I've stated for years that I never thought that would mark the end but that would rather be the jumping-off point for the author to tell her own story with that setup.

Yeah, I'm really getting some "new adventure incoming" vibes with this chapter, I agree with you on this 100%!

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Damn, that was heart-warming.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Are you really going to stop their beautiful relationship there, author?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Funny how new readers havent heard the news. Sweet summer children.

I'm an old reader and I don't get what you mean. Is it about how the author doesn't want to label her manga as Yuri?

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I wanted my kiss

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Sheesh! I don't think I've blushed like that since I first started dating back in college. Almost too intimate.

Edit: And I say that as someone who thinks the whole handholding joke has long run its course.

last edited at Jul 27, 2020 7:08PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Sheesh! I don't think I've blushed like that since I first started dating back in college. Almost too intimate.

It's a great intimate scene and the author had to have done that knowing what all the yuri connotations/interpretations could be. At this point, I'm actually okay with this just being subtext though. Precious few works manage to capture the type of feeling where a bond manages to defy all labels and runs deeper than words can capture. I think this one does that perfectly.

joined Oct 5, 2016

All this friendship for so long and yet I really started to think they might smooch. Soooo much romantic tension.

To reply you must either login or sign up.