Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Joke’s on you guys, they said no homo off-screen.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Joke’s on you guys, they said no homo off-screen.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

That moon thingy... Please don't KyoAni this one.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Too late, it already looks just like Koe no Katachi.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Holy Sugar Motta...

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch28#32
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch28#33

If I could just build a monument for these pages, I would. So sweet.

Those are some painstakingly-drawn hands by the way. A mark of a good artist.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Girlfriends IMO

That was a manga first! (also it rules)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But maybe Koyuki isn’t very aware of famous Japanese literary allusions, so her saying, “The moon is beautiful” is just a random meteorological observation—you know, small talk.

(Sometimes I crack myself up . . .)

I really wouldn’t put it past her, she was socially awkward until like four chapters ago

Socially awkward, yes, but a very diligent student.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But maybe Koyuki isn’t very aware of famous Japanese literary allusions, so her saying, “The moon is beautiful” is just a random meteorological observation—you know, small talk.

I really wouldn’t put it past her, she was socially awkward until like four chapters ago

Given that the controlling metaphor for the entire series has been an extended series of allusions to a classic literary short story, I’m pretty confident the “moon is beautiful” reference is more than a random coincidence.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Given that the controlling metaphor for the entire series has been an extended series of allusions to a classic literary short story, I’m pretty confident the “moon is beautiful” reference is more than a random coincidence.

Haha, you’re totally right! In this case I guess it’s Koyuki’s turn to use classical literature to convey her feelings!

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 2:08PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

All I could think of for "the full moon is so beautiful" was this creepy-pasta picture I saw years ago

I'm sorry

joined Jul 1, 2018

Also, anyone have an idea on what Konatsu was talking about towards the end of the chapter when she said “So we should....More Properly...”? It could be a subtle way of talking about dating, as in “we should more properly define our relationship” or something about spending more time together, but I’m really curious as to what the author is going with those lines

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Also, anyone have an idea on what Konatsu was talking about towards the end of the chapter when she said “So we should....More Properly...”? It could be a subtle way of talking about dating, as in “we should more properly define our relationship” or something about spending more time together, but I’m really curious as to what the author is going with those lines

Follow-up to page 18 where she thought to herself they "should've talked more about a lot of other things and about each other". Find out what she meant next chapter, maybe.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Follow-up to page 18 where she thought to herself they "should've talked more about a lot of other things and about each other". Find out what she meant next chapter, maybe.

I feel like the momentum of the story is going back to the starting chapters, especially around the festival, where As the reader we were able to see how deeply Konatsu feels about Koyuki. Maybe next chapter we get to see explicitly how Koyuki feels about Konatsu.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Haha, you’re totally right! In this case I guess it’s Koyuki’s turn to use classical literature to convey her feelings!

And even if this should not be explicitly the case, the author surely knows exactly what she's implying with this.

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 2:48PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like the momentum of the story is going back to the starting chapters, especially around the festival, where As the reader we were able to see how deeply Konatsu feels about Koyuki. Maybe next chapter we get to see explicitly how Koyuki feels about Konatsu.

Volumes 5, 6 and half of 7 were a tour-de-force in terms of giving the characters a deeper emotional understanding of their own issues and due to how long it took them to be released, I've seen several readers feel fatigued, but now should be the time to really start paying all that build-up and development off with the interactions between the two. Koyuki would certainly be able to give a more proper answer to Konatsu's question from the previous year's summer festival. Actually I wonder if there will be a chapter where they go to the festival again since summer break is coming up and Koyuki's father suggested she take a break from cram school and go have fun once in a while.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Volumes 5, 6 and half of 7 were a tour-de-force in terms of giving the characters a deeper emotional understanding of their own issues and due to how long it took them to be released, I've seen several readers feel fatigued, but now should be the time to really start paying all that build-up and development off with the interactions between the two. Koyuki would certainly be able to give a more proper answer to Konatsu's question from the previous year's summer festival. Actually I wonder if there will be a chapter where they go to the festival again since summer break is coming up and Koyuki's father suggested she take a break from cram school and go have fun once in a while.

I’d love to see a reiteration if the summer festival. I really think the next chapter can go two ways: it’s the long awaited confession chapter, or it’s that start of a new conflict chapter. Honestly I think and hope it will go the second way, mostly because we just got past major development, and I think that it would be a littler jarring to go straight into a relationship given how the pace has been going, and so we can see that realization of feelings ourselves. Neither character has said to themselves how they feel about the other, it was mostly us the reader deducting their feelings. I think the payoff would be great to see that character growth of acknowledgment of feelings. Also more conflict means the story isn’t over yet, really hoping this isn’t the final arc, although the journey has been very satisfying so far.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Also more conflict means the story isn’t over yet, really hoping this isn’t the final arc, although the journey has been very satisfying so far.

https://twitter.com/haginomakoto/status/1276176640054198276

The author said here that this isn't the end yet and to keep following the series.

joined Jul 1, 2018

Also more conflict means the story isn’t over yet, really hoping this isn’t the final arc, although the journey has been very satisfying so far.

https://twitter.com/haginomakoto/status/1276176640054198276

The author said here that this isn't the end yet and to keep following the series.

Yeah I was wondering what her tweet meant, google translate isn’t always the most clear. But yeah we need to know more about Konatsu’s family, Kaede and her sisters, this mysterious boy whose face we’ve seen every chapter, and this budding romance between Konatsu and Koyuki (^ν^)cheers to a long run of this art

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Can't you two become officially canon already?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

Can't you two become officially canon already?

Maybe Kaede's friend will show up and be like "I'm glad you made up with your girlfriend, Kaede and I always talk about how you two make the cutest couple in the school" and then Kaede will be like ".......?!!!?!" again

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

sTOP IT!!!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Wow, this got lewd very suddenly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.