Forum › Posts by SpiritusNox

joined Jan 25, 2017

....So, I know the manga's ended. Are the novels still going?

joined Jan 25, 2017

I feel like I heard that the manga ends in this volume - though the novels are ongoing. Can anyone confirm?

SpiritusNox
SHY discussion 01 Nov 23:25
joined Jan 25, 2017

Alright so if this manga is going to be brave enough to let villains be out lesbians now it's gonna need to be brave enough to let Teru kiss Iko too, sorry I don't make the rules

last edited at Nov 1, 2021 11:30PM

SpiritusNox
Image Comments 18 Jun 20:51
joined Jan 25, 2017
Yande.re%20792605%20bikini%20bikini_top%20cleavage%20fujii_toshirou%20gym_uniform%20koguma_(super_cub)%20reiko_(super_cub)%20see_through%20super_cub%20swimsuits%20wet%20wet_clothes

gay imo

joined Jan 25, 2017

Chika and Yumiko continue to be Extremely Good

Otaku guy continues to be Quite Sus

joined Jan 25, 2017

It's going to be very good when they kiss imo

joined Jan 25, 2017

That chapter was great

but also what the fuck lol

joined Jan 25, 2017

Couple questions about the source novels if anyone has any idea:

1.) Are the novels finished or ongoing?
2.) Any idea how far into them we've adapted?

joined Jan 25, 2017

So, the tag is "not lizard" coz they're "frogs".

mystery solved

joined Jan 25, 2017

I have my own set of hopes for the ending, but the one thing I really want is for the last or last two chapters to have both names in the title.

Open a title with "Koyuki Amano" or "Konatsu Honami" or we riot

joined Jan 25, 2017

They're gonna have a great future together..........

joined Jan 25, 2017

"What should I call that person" indeed....

joined Jan 25, 2017

Sad to think we might not see any more manga from Hagino after Hanigare, she's become one of my absolute favorite mangaka over the last few years. But I hope she gets some good R&R, sounds like it's badly needed after this year.

joined Jan 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/haginomakoto/status/1340513912744071168

Volume 9 will be the end, unless I'm very mistaken. Thanks for everything, Hagino-sensei.

joined Jan 25, 2017

If Non doesn't feel up to coming back, they should see if Nio Nakatani can do it. She and Iruma already have multiple successful collabs under their belt, after all.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I think the new pages Hagino's talking about are just bonus illustrations like a lot of the volume releases have had, going by a google TL of volume 8's amazon page - not expansions of existing chapters. But we'll see!

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 12:12AM

joined Jan 25, 2017

ahem squee

That summarizes my thoughts on the latest chapter.

joined Jan 25, 2017

How many eps are we getting, anyway? 12? 13?

joined Jan 25, 2017

Friends who should kiss

joined Jan 25, 2017

Manga gay, IMO

Anyway if the boys were meant to serve any purpose beyond a cameo and/or visual proof that Konatsu has kouhai to look after, we probably would have gotten at least a name by now - especially if we're really heading into the final arc. I'm not sure the taller guy's even had a line yet.

joined Jan 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/haginomakoto/status/1321316247217209344

(per google translate) "Finally, the story of Konatsu and Koyuki goes to the final chapter. Everything is connected."

That's clearly not a literal final chapter since volume 8's dropping in december so we've got at least one more volume to fill out, but I wonder if this means volume 9's our last? At any rate, seems meaningful that Hagino-sensei's starting to signal the off-ramp for us after pointedly declining to do so after Konatsu and Koyuki reconciled before.

Been a wonderful run, however long we have left ahead of us.

joined Jan 25, 2017

There is that issue of the thematic boundary between "girls who discover that they like another girl in a very, very special way" and "girls who discover that they want to kiss and get naked together."

You can usually tell the latter is the case when one of the girls go "Wow her eyelashes are so long/pretty/any kind of obscure description of eyelashes lol. One thing thing that I find so interesting and novel about this manga is the lack of these rather tropey predictable physical descriptions. The most we get out of this manga is one calling the other "cute" and the other (Most of the time Koyuki) completely fizzing out. It's kind of a nod towards how "underdeveloped" or " innocent" their minds are in that aspect, where evaluation of physical characteristics are never in an sexual or creepily detailed way If you've read Urasekai Picnic you would know that about 30 percent of the text is spent on how beautiful Toriko's " " is

Looking at how these two characters started with zero earnest social skills or friendship knowledge, it'll probably be 20 more chapters before Koyuki realizes that Konatsu's ponytail hits different than Kaede's.

I mean, it's not said in words as often, but especially earlier on there's plenty of cases of the girls being very aware of each other's physical presence - especially Koyuki. The first chapter ends on her freaking out over an indirect kiss - which is one of the oldest yuri subtext tropes there is -, there's the moment when she realizes how close their faces are like they're about to kiss when she's helping Konatsu catch a fish, etc.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yeah I actually bought this month's dengeki maoh off ebookjapan to take a peek, lol

Looks like good stuff, looking forward to the TL.

joined Jan 25, 2017

We have this conversation every month, and every month it basically all reduces to a question of how much you like a slow burn (I do, quite a lot) and how much you trust the author to respect established character dynamics even without a bespoke genre label (I've yet to see a reason not to).

Personally I don't see any reason to think of Nettaigyo as being any slower or less gay than the likes of Adachi And Shimamura, tbh - and the fans seem perfectly happy with that series right now. Granted Nettaigyo doesn't have a character like Adachi whose inner monologue always makes her intentions very clear, but I don't think it's fair to hold that against the series when it's very clear that Konatsu and Koyuki just aren't wired to think that way, and that aspect of their personalities is and always has been a big part of the point of the series.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 12:08PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yeah I kinda like that just because Adachi's in a happier place in the flash-forward doesn't necessarily mean she's got literally all her life problems figured out - or that she even feels any need to.