Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

joined Jan 25, 2017

How frequently are new chapters of this published? Since the translation has almost caught up, I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait between chapters after that.

I thiiiiiiiiiink the manga runs in a monthly magazine - but Hachimitsu, the group doing the english scanlations, have said they'd rather work off of volume raws, which means that this is it until Volume 3 comes out in a few months. Unless somebody else decides to start working off of the monthly chapter raws, anyway.

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

covers eyes

Hand-holding...so leeewwwddd

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Ok this needs to stop we're reaching Euphonium levels of gay here, I can't be baited like this again, this is literally a page away from a love confession.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Even Konatsu's father would look at the subtext tag and call it "bullshit".

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Also should be noted that the firework in the bottom left of the last page in the chapter above their hands looks very similar to a heart at the top if the rainbow was too subtle for you.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

"why did senpai seek me out?" WHY DID SENPAI SEEK YOU OUT?? BC SHE IS GAY!! FOR YOU!!

this manga is adorable and I'm really loving it but that subtext tag is scaring me tbh XD

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This manga teaches us that friendship is the gayest thing ever. At least they only hugged and keeped this story pure, if they hold hands will be a little bit to sinful for me.

Scrolling back I saw this post by GeneralJ. Hope they're holding up okay.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I don't think we should be as scared? That is unless Dynasty has a secret way to knownfor sure how this manga is gonna end, we still dont know if it's gonna "subtext" for good or not. What I like about them is that their relationship progresses at a steady pace, ofc we dont know for sure but only time travelers can tell you if the subtext tag is accurate or not

joined May 20, 2013

I don't think we should be as scared? That is unless Dynasty has a secret way to knownfor sure how this manga is gonna end, we still dont know if it's gonna "subtext" for good or not. What I like about them is that their relationship progresses at a steady pace, ofc we dont know for sure but only time travelers can tell you if the subtext tag is accurate or not

Devil's advocate: When has a series been subtext for the better?

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Futaribeya

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

personally i would think it hilarious if they kept it tagged subtext even if they've been banging for 10+ chapters and are already married

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

These A-chan's-brother characters like dad here make me squirm...

last edited at May 21, 2018 12:47AM

joined May 20, 2013

Futaribeya

I guess. I don't remember it clearly (it's been a while) but i'm pretty sure a few people were acting as though they were a couple anyway.

That said, this is exponentially more gay than that. I believe that if Futaribeya is subtext, then this is obviously worth much more than that. With that in mind, however, I do agree:

personally i would think it hilarious if they kept it tagged subtext even if they've been banging for 10+ chapters and are already married

last edited at May 21, 2018 12:51AM

joined Apr 3, 2012

I think we'll have a good idea where things are going by the end of volume 3. I still think it's very gay. And correct me if I'm wrong, as my kanji knowledge and literacy is subpar these days, but I once read that the title can be read as Konatsu yearns for Koyuki?

If that's true, I'm going to stop stressing over this. I also heard the mangaka previously drew yuri.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Dear uploader: There is a chapter 4.5 (it seems) with small strips and I was wondering if you were gonna upload those too? I am also readng this manga in Spanish so that's how I know they exist. I'm talking about the "Honami wears glasses" and "Kaede asks help from Honami" ones.
I ask bc if you are not gonna/dont have the time to do it, I could give it a try and upload them to the pictures section

I mean this (I included the translation for people interested)
https://www.tumangaonline.com/lector/Nettaigyo-wa-Yuki-ni-Koga/33779/4.50/7782
Date: Aug 30th
Glasses girl: Kaede, now that you're in high school I supposed you did finish the summer assignments, right?
Kaede: 'course not! :D
GG: You just have one day left, what are you gonna do?
K: I thought I'd ask Honami sempai for help this year.
GG: Impossible!
Kaede to Koyuki: Whatcha' say? I'll give you this.
Konatsu: There's no way she can buy off sempai with something like that!

Small text Konatsu: When did she take that?
Koyuki: Can you send it to my LINE?
Kaede: Got it!
GG: Seriously?

last edited at May 21, 2018 1:51AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Episode Eight: Revenge Of The Fun Dads

Satchmo_Omega
Hedgehog
joined Feb 26, 2018

Dorky dad moe.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Don't bring your dad on your date jeez girl don't you know anything

When she asked her why she called out to her it took everything not to scream CAUSE SHES FUCKING GAY FOR YOU GIRL

I love this series so much, everything just feels so natural. But the subtext tag kills me

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

For clarification, my comments had nothing to do with any specific plot point or character. I just scoffed at the notion this chapter qualified as "drama" or that the overall tone of the series till now has been anything other than cute and adorably gay (imo).

I simply think it's a really well-done story so far. One of the best in a long while. I think the comparison to Yagate Kimi a few pages back was sound.

This is better than YagaKimi

I don't disagree

I do disagree... this is fucking amazing too, for sure, but it doesn't compare to the masterpiece that is YagaKimi in my eyes... but that's neither here nor there, I don't want to start a dumb debate or anything.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's the way the characters are just regular dorks and not outstanding paragons of anything in particular that sets this above YagaKimi for me. Sure Koyuki was praised by classmates in ch.1 but that has had zero bearing on the character development.

last edited at May 21, 2018 4:53AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Sure Koyuki was praised by classmates in ch.1 but that has had zero bearing on the character development.

? Isn't their "high opinion" pressuring her, therefore she feels isolated, therefore this friendship is so important to her? And it does keep her from doing stuff that she thinks would "disappoint" others, so she needs to be persuaded to do other stuff ...

joined Jun 27, 2017

This manga is so damn wholesome, it makes me want to put, I don't know, flowers in my hair. And I'm bald.

joined Feb 23, 2013

And correct me if I'm wrong, as my kanji knowledge and literacy is subpar these days, but I once read that the title can be read as Konatsu yearns for Koyuki?

It's not that simple, and I'd love if someone could elaborate more... but here's what I know:
The Yuki in the title is clearly a reference to Koyuki, but the only connection I can see that Nettaigyo (tropical fish) has with Amano Konatsu is the 'natsu' (summer).

To my knowledge, japanese people tend to look down on name puns, so maybe that's all there is to it.
Maybe the 'natsu' isn't even meant to be a connection, dunno.

joined Mar 15, 2017

To my knowledge, japanese people tend to look down on name puns, so maybe that's all there is to it.

Word play is commonplace in manga character names and titles.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Case in point, Name Gags: The Manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.