Forum › Posts by FriedBreadfast

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Hey, is the RSS feed still around? I lost the link after my last computer crash and burn and there's no longer a button for it... I know its a little dated of technology but would love to have it again

last edited at Mar 17, 2023 2:35AM

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

i don't remember a ton of details because it was a long time ago, but a girl's friend dies and is temporarily replaced by an alien while her body is being repaired, the alien replacement is obsessed with ice cream and their friend group is trying to film a movie or something??

This!

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

This might be a specific request, but is there a better way to display or link to groups particular manga artists are in? It's hard to get to say, hyper kettle yesterdays stuff from the authors page, as only one is in its grouped form, and otherwise its just the individual chapters under each author.

It would be nice to have either a side link to the groups work, or just have all of the groups stuff on each of the authors pages.

HKYs stuff in particular seems really disjointed, which is why I bring it up.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

This is an incredibly long shot but I have been trying to find this manga again for years after my old hardrive died. It's not yuri but maybe somebody on here has come across this obscure manga somewhere.

It's a bittersweet post-apocalyptic story with major mono-no-aware vibes where two small immortal children walk the earth in the eons that follow after the end of humanity looking for purpose alongside the morose mother-like figure and Goddes that blessed/cursed them with immortality when she chose to save them during the final moments of the apocalypse. The drawings are minimalistic and quite stylized. The earth has been rendered toxic and uninhabitable to normal humans even thousands of years later.

The girl likes to sing or rhyme and the boy does his own thing defying the Goddess's advice to never keep a pet due to the pain it will bring when it dies in a few short years or decades. A few panels later the boy is shown constructing a simple grave marker for his now-dead companion. The panel after that zooms out to show the marker to be just the last one in a field of thousands that stretches into the horizon.

Eventually, a piece of space station crashes into the planet's toxic surface carrying with it a normal human child that survives the impact. The morose Goddess considers killing the terrified survivor girl to spare the immortal siblings the pain of becoming attached to her during her brief life. The Goddess spares the child and the story then follows this girl as she grows up and shares her life with the brother and sister duo and they become a rather happy family of sorts although the Goddess wanders off by herself during these years.

The girl makes it to early adulthood with a dream of building a boat which she barely succeeds in doing before she begins to succumb to an early death from the still radioactive environment. The story ends with the Goddess returning to visit the now-dying woman. Out of pity for the terrible loss the two kids are about to face, she makes an offer to the woman to also grant her immortality, but the woman content with the short life she has led declines Her offer. The manga then ends.

Can anyone give me a name for this? It's driving me nuts trying to find it again.

Oh that one is so good! here's a link to it on mangadex: https://mangadex.org/title/e35e24e3-03c8-4ab5-b54e-1d873fc1376d/ginga-no-shinanai-kodomotachi-he

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Okay, I remembered it while reading something else the other day, but I think it was called I dont want to be a fairy godmother? Or something like that? Had the two gals as childhood friends then they grew apart but one was still sewing the other her dress???
I can imagine like every page, I just can't remember who wrote it, and my searches are getting me nowhere

Cast a Spell

OHHHHH thank you!!! Wow I was kinda far off with the title

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Okay, I remembered it while reading something else the other day, but I think it was called I dont want to be a fairy godmother? Or something like that? Had the two gals as childhood friends then they grew apart but one was still sewing the other her dress???
I can imagine like every page, I just can't remember who wrote it, and my searches are getting me nowhere

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Yaaay was waiting for this one
Honestly I just hope I come out of this with some weird new knowledge, that's all I can ask for

Other than delicious subtext of course.....

FriedBreadfast
SHY discussion 22 Nov 03:28
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

hmmm this chapter really made me realize how much I like the artstyle... Theres something about it and how they draw hands... nice...

FriedBreadfast
SHY discussion 09 Sep 03:06
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

i like how that little wikipedia page thing on bowie looks like it was from a discord thumbnail of it.....
but I wonder if shy is going to be pressured into being as open with her identity as mr wonder there. with her whole thing being that shes shy, i suppose that could be her next hurdle, though idk if this is going to get deep into whether the public has the right to demand all aspects of someone like thats identity.... but i also hope those two girls kiss at some point. (though I also wonder if shy is going to go down the route of "she idolizes Shy and not me as a person but i love her :/ trope. Not a bad thing but i wonder)

FriedBreadfast
Yukino Plan discussion 02 Sep 03:05
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I'm in love with her weird unchanging face and how shes so blunt in her retorts its refreshing. though you gotta wonder if like. anyone thinks shes weird or something cuz of it

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Oh no that was hella cute....
I'm glad shes opening up but also??? You think shes gonna become a marine biologist or something??? Wanna see that career path thing...

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Friendship Yuri? I see, it's Not Lizard.

You almost fucking killed me sjxnjzjxnc

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

This really feels good. It's kind of bittersweet for Sayaka but also not at all. Fuckin love it

FriedBreadfast
Lily Marble discussion 02 Feb 17:26
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Oh the new manager is a Type and that type might be mine,,,,,,,

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

HELL YES

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Nicotori just rolls off the tongue nice.
But yeah!!! I'm hyped to see the rest of the anthology!!!!

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

oof is that the nails of a pillow princess I see?

nah but really theres a lotta these delinquents around. Pretty great I spose.

FriedBreadfast
Image Comments 10 Nov 22:08
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016
Ochakotoga

My favorite kind of ship, the one on crack....

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Gosh I just want poly here with the teachers and cousin....

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I gotta say I love moody melancholy stuff like this and that ending was Very Nice. I'm glad she lived.

FriedBreadfast
Collectors discussion 29 Oct 13:53
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Whoa! Unexpected but not unwelcome.
Kinda missed these two

FriedBreadfast
Please discussion 26 Oct 00:19
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I really like the art in both of their works, and they capture a feeling as if, at least in this one, they are disconnected from reality which is kind of cool. I'm excited to see more of their work.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT CUTENESS???
I feel like they've gone up a level in their relationship, it's nice that they feel like they've always had steady progress.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Ah, that was nicely paced. Some of the panels elongated a moment which was real good to read....

FriedBreadfast
Image Comments 09 Oct 02:18
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016
Dou-fycxgaeyuol-orig

Yeah, I think Ticcy is working with the girlfriends set of prompts. It's a pretty solid one, I think todays was floral girlfriends?