Forum › Posts by Reejun

Reejun
Still Sick discussion 01 Mar 10:50
joined Mar 15, 2017

So last chapter is 23? rip

Where does that come from ? The raws are up to 21 for the moment and i don't remember seeing any announcement saying 23 will be the last chapter. Unless i miss something, it's still on going.

The mangaka announced 23 will be the end.
https://twitter.com/kireinaoniku/status/1226707713939214339

joined Mar 15, 2017

Being held back a year (留年) is a thing in Japanese high schools.

It is not very common, though, right? At least that is what I've been told by people from there.

Yeah, apparently it's about 0.5% and expulsion is more likely.

This article (point 4) also mentions it: https://jpninfo.com/52113

Someone talking about their experience as though it's true for Japanese schools in general, especially point 2.

joined Mar 15, 2017

I believe you can't repeat an year in Japanese schools, so she is covered.

Being held back a year (留年) is a thing in Japanese high schools.

Reejun
joined Mar 15, 2017

Gaton was the name of Moke's doujin circle.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The series has finished at chapter 16.

Reejun
Yuni discussion 19 Feb 13:57
joined Mar 15, 2017

She's also Tanu in Negi and Tanu's Manga de Tsuzuru Yuri na Hibi, an essay manga and blog about living together as a same sex couple.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The last volume came out a year ago.

joined Mar 15, 2017

I'd guess it was just something like Carol, for instance, which is PG12 in Japan.

Here's a trailer for a Japanese PG12 film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exvzDZ3lx7o

joined Mar 15, 2017

Sakurako is her given name. She gave her family as Tashiro (田代) in the doujin version. But there are family names that end with 子, such as Kaneko or Hirako.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Did this one is english trasnlated and if yes can you tell me which one in spoiler.

I guess they probably mean Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii, which also recently sold enough of its 1st volume to have a reprint. But Yuri-Hime's biggest success of 2019's new series is Whispering You a Love Song.

Reejun
Canno discussion 10 Feb 04:06
joined Mar 15, 2017

I'm going to drop it in here that Canno has another short series called "Now Loading" that is available for purchase in English and I highly recommend it. It's really good, and if you get a chance you should definitely read it. Support the author and all that.

Now Loading is by Mikan Uji.

joined Mar 15, 2017

I won't ruin your thoughts but do you really think a manga like this would imply characters had sex?

Yes and it goes further than this. They aren't the only characters who have had lesbian sex in this series.

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 7:33AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

Oh wait I remember this? So it this being canceled bc of the reboot?

The series ran for 14 chapters (2 volumes) in Young Comic (so most of it is untranslated). Its publisher was going to move it to web serialization. I guess this might be because Young Comic was changing direction toward more erotica but that's not certain and other reasons are possible. But then it was announced that instead of carrying on as a web manga it would switch publishers and ended up restarting in Dengeki Daioh, where the number of yuri manga has been increased in the wake of YagaKimi.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 6:15PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

This is the one that’s getting an anime right ?

No, the novels are getting an anime.

joined Mar 15, 2017

That rather unlucky but the shenanigans of those twos can't really go for too long before it's get boring.

It's a series that just got more interesting as it went on, gaining depth in the later volumes, so I'd love to have it back. Especially for the Horse and Boar plot line.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Good for you, coz Kuzushiro ditched this manga and probably will never resume it.

Wait what ? I know the manga was finished but not that Kuzushiro cut it short. Is it true ?

Probably not. It wouldn't make sense for Kuzushiro to have said she wanted to restart it at a different publisher. It's more plausible that YH decided to end it at vol 6, Kuzushiro hoped to find a different publisher to keep it going, then couldn't actually get the green light for it.

last edited at Jan 30, 2020 3:20PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

Where did you get sex from the last page?

The "Free Agent" strip is implying they have a deal that it will be Otome's turn to fondle Mari's breasts due to the baseball result (in Japanese the title was "FA" - their cup sizes - and Mari is referring to the trope of breasts growing bigger through fondling), then in the next strip Otome has changed into pyjamas and is tidying up the clothes Mari had been wearing while Mari is already in bed.

last edited at Jan 30, 2020 2:44PM

Reejun
joined Mar 15, 2017

Minamoto herself says she's a woman. What's going on the "afterword man" is just that the Japanese sometimes use "man" as a suffix to mean someone doing a thing. Women do it too. The incongruity can be part of what tickles them about it.

joined Mar 15, 2017

The craziest thing about this series is that it's a Shonen Jump manga. Not the weekly one, but still freaking Shonen Jump. Yet it genuinely feels like a yuri comedy.

As a consequence of being a web platform, not a magazine, Jump+ is loose about what can belong there, so it's not crazy at all.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2019-02-11/weekly-shonen-jump-editor-in-chief-hiroyuki-nakano/.143096

Overseas fans may not be so familiar with this, so what exactly is the difference between Weekly Shonen Jump and Jump+?

Weekly Shonen Jump is a print magazine with a long history. The works are mainly aimed at teenage boys. That's the strong focus we keep in mind for Weekly Shonen Jump. But with Jump+, things are a little looser. Some of the works are aimed at adults or at women. It's full of new and different styles of manga that you haven't seen before, fighting at the front lines. I think it's made possible by the fact that it's all published digitally instead of on paper.

Jump+ is where Otome no Teikoku is now serialized and Suito-to.

Reejun
joined Mar 15, 2017

So what I don't get is in chapter 4 Kaoru's friends said Kaoru had broken up with Reichii for 7 years in high school and university, but we see clearly that that couldn't

That was a mistranslation. The Japanese used can mean breaking up, but also just having a confession turned down.

Reejun
joined Mar 15, 2017

Since it was unclear in the earlier comments, both this manga and its sequel/reboot are completed. They each lasted '1 volume' (but were long - the first with 19 chapters and the second with 20 chapters). The spoilers a few pages ago seem to be a joke.

There were more chapters serialized, but were never collected in a 3rd tank.

Reejun
joined Mar 15, 2017

Kirara manga are rarely het beside Blend S.

Rarer than yuri-ish CGDCT series, but several times more common than series where girls actually get together (there's roughly 10 het Kirara series currently). The yuri-ish CGDCT series don't usually spring male love interests though.

last edited at Jan 3, 2020 6:53PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

So this series got cancelled officially by Namori?

Quite the opposite. The latest volume just came out (after a 5 year gap since vol 2) and in the afterword Namori talks about wanting to get the next volume out faster.

joined Mar 15, 2017

And from what I understand, it seems like Yae is not in favor of the whole Mina-Kazuki thingy. Pretty understandable when the age gap is 24 years.

She's so upset that she doesn't even want to hear Mina acknowledge the relationship exists. She warns Mina that if she maintains the relationship then she'll try to break them up even if it means reporting them to the police. Kazuki has no idea of this when Mina proposes and talks at the end about being sure her mother will be supportive, while Mina knows there will be trouble ahead for them. Quite a bold way to finish a manga, but true to the way it approach the concept.

last edited at Oct 31, 2019 7:43AM

Reejun
joined Mar 15, 2017

It seems likely to me that the difficulty was that they were finding their work rate wasn't fast enough. It was a series that often had months off (this month's issue will be 4th it missed this year) and what they said about the editor suggesting forms in which to continue it would make sense - it would mean stuff like switching to bimonthly or just being a web series (YH's web series basically each just do their own loose schedule). But release rate has direct consequences on a mangaka's income.