Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Jan 14, 2018

Isn't the title more about her own beginnings? Do we think she's going viral from this? I didn't really get that from the chapter, though I see where everyone else is coming from.

It can be both. I think it was double entendre.

joined May 3, 2014

Yeah, it's the sorta plot development that honestly just feels too convenient, contrived and frankly predictable.

you really should stop trying to pretend you what what “too convenient, contrived and predictable” means to an story >.>

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Isn't the title more about her own beginnings? Do we think she's going viral from this? I didn't really get that from the chapter, though I see where everyone else is coming from.

It can be both. I think it was double entendre.

Yeah, we discussed both possibilities in my other comment. It’ll be interesting to see where this goes for a bit.

Well, the plot development was “predictable” because the purpose of the previous chapter was to set it up. Three chapters ago no one was saying, “I’ll bet pretty soon a clip of Koga playing music in the park will go viral.”

Agreed. Instead of “predictable,” we say it “follows reasonable logic.”

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 7:36AM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

"my Crush" Dying in Gay Panic

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, the plot development was “predictable” because the purpose of the previous chapter was to set it up.

Would be kinda hard for any plot development to be predictable without any signposting. In fact one might call such a thing "unpredictable" xD

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I really like how you look in your school uniform... LOL

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I anyone had doubts that Aya is attracted to Mitsuki as a woman, I hope it clears it.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

You fuckers are really pissing all over her good moment? All of you jump in a woodchipper!

joined Mar 23, 2022

Welp here goes the popularity arc and the part where aya will be jelly since she couldn't contain now her crush all for herself XD

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Before you get too excited, the original word was "my Oshi." The scanlators like to translate it to "crush" for this series but Oshi is actually used to refer to an artist you love and support

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

If a have to choose the part I like most of this chapter, is 100% the part when their friends ask Koga if she is okey since she doesn't like to be the center of attention. Not the "omg you are going viral!!!" but check first how is she with this situation <3

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Suddenly famous.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Before you get too excited, the original word was "my Oshi." The scanlators like to translate it to "crush" for this series but Oshi is actually used to refer to an artist you love and support

That's a common use, yes. Dictionary definition "one's favourite (member of an idol group, character in an anime, player in a team, etc.)"

But the extremely yuri "(I Favor/I'm in love with) the Villainess" is titled "Watashi no Oshi Akuyaku Reijou". Literally: "my favorite, the villainness".

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

If a have to choose the part I like most of this chapter, is 100% the part when their friends ask Koga if she is okey since she doesn't like to be the center of attention. Not the "omg you are going viral!!!" but check first how is she with this situation <3

Agreed. It's nice to see friends act like real friends and not just people who hang out together.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Aya failed to gatekeep Mitsuki RIP

Screenshot_2019-12-01%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20centaur's%20worries%20ch27
joined Aug 12, 2019

And that was the day when Aya can no longer harness Koga to herself.

You know, because a harness was only made for one.

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 8:00PM

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

I think gyaru MC deserves Idiot Couple status.

Let's wait for them to get together before we give them that one. For now, let Aya have and hold her Useless Lesbian card.

She was explicitly told to her face "let's be friends" by Mitsuki, who she knew was fully aware of her romantic feelings. She's been dropping hints and being suggestive, signaling possibility, but the ball is fully in Mitsuki's court when it comes to making the first move thanks to that semi-rejection.
That term is generally one I really don't like and part of that is people use it to describe characters who aren't in any way actually failing themselves like Aya. Who is that "useless lesbian" useless to? Is she useless at pursuing her own interests, or is she just useless to satisfy your expectations and impatience as the audience.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I think gyaru MC deserves Idiot Couple status.

Let's wait for them to get together before we give them that one. For now, let Aya have and hold her Useless Lesbian card.

She was explicitly told to her face "let's be friends" by Mitsuki, who she knew was fully aware of her romantic feelings.

You’re wording it as if Mitsuki was aware that Aya had feelings for HER and not the “HIM” Aya thought she was.

Mitsuki offered friendship because at the time, Aya was avoiding her. (Also, she said “Will you be my friend” not “let’s be friends”)

She's been dropping hints and being suggestive, signaling possibility, but the ball is fully in Mitsuki's court when it comes to making the first move thanks to that semi-rejection.

Aya hasn’t been “dropping hints” because when folks “drop hints,” they’re intentionally trying to show the other person that they have feelings.

Aya hasn’t been doing that. Aya is just easy to read and her feelings for Mitsuki is obvious (from a readers POV).

Not only that, but from Mitsuki’s POV, I bet she assumed that Aya stopped having feelings for her once she found out she was a girl.

“Aya only has feeling for Onii-chan.” Is probably the thought process.

I don’t think it even counts as a rejection, let alone a “semi-rejection” because Mitsuki asked “Will you be my friend?” because she wanted to get closer to Aya.

Mitsuki most likely assumed Aya is straight (especially with how Aya avoided her after finding out she was a girl) so Aya’s feelings for “her” weren’t taken into consideration when she asked about being friends.

That term is generally one I really don't like and part of that is people use it to describe characters who aren't in any way actually failing themselves like Aya. Who is that "useless lesbian" useless to? Is she useless at pursuing her own interests, or is she just useless to satisfy your expectations and impatience as the audience.

“Useless lesbians” are “useless” when it comes to their feelings, it’s not meant to be a serious thing at all.

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Fr, that’s so wholesome

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yeees, although I've noticed a recurrent theme in stuff with an "Oshi" of how people aren't supposed to actually be in love with their oshi but they are anyway.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

OH NO u guys… she went VIRAL!!!

…also i had extremely vivid flashbacks to the fall of 1992 when suddenly everybody started losing their shit over Slanted & Enchanted and just would not shut up about Pavement…do you know the band "Pavement" indeed…

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Yeees, although I've noticed a recurrent theme in stuff with an "Oshi" of how people aren't supposed to actually be in love with their oshi but they are anyway.

Probably intentional
I'm noticing a theme where Aya may be using the term to avoid acknowledging her gay feelings by pretending they are just feelings of admiration for a talented artist

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 6:13AM

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aya hasn’t been doing that. Aya is just easy to read and her feelings for Mitsuki is obvious (from a readers POV).

And yet, we have this whole comment section ;)

last edited at Jun 12, 2024 9:09AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

New kouhai!
...Shit, she's adorable. T_T

To reply you must either login or sign up.