Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

It's nice to see someone acknowledge that sometimes you need an unscheduled break from the routine, just to recharge and get a grip on yourself. That whole 'you have the weekend, or you just came off summer break' doesn't change the fact stress can build up unexpectedly quickly, and just unexpected, period. That skip day will do Mitsuki a world of good, especially with the whole viral thing happening. Good job Uncle Joe.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

This might be the longest I kept reading a series without enjoying it too much, it's kinda hard to drop if it's only 4 pages at a time but I realized I actually stopped caring about anything that happens in it long ago :P Not sure I can pinpoint why, I think it's partly the author's very chaotic presentation style and heavy reliance on "a character reacted in a funny way, please laugh".

Well, this story is designed to be realistic and relatable, so the focus is less on raw entertainment and more on your investment in the characters and their emotional journeys. The events themselves are less important that how the characters choose to process them

If you aren't relating enough to care about the characters, then you're probably going to have a boring time

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Best Uncle of the Year Award :)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Best Uncle of the Year Award :)

Definitely. ^_^

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

School of Rock is a great movie though. Easily one of Jack Black's best movies.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Good taste in music, good taste in movies

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

This might be the longest I kept reading a series without enjoying it too much, it's kinda hard to drop if it's only 4 pages at a time but I realized I actually stopped caring about anything that happens in it long ago :P Not sure I can pinpoint why, I think it's partly the author's very chaotic presentation style and heavy reliance on "a character reacted in a funny way, please laugh".

Well, this story is designed to be realistic and relatable, so the focus is less on raw entertainment and more on your investment in the characters and their emotional journeys. The events themselves are less important that how the characters choose to process them

If you aren't relating enough to care about the characters, then you're probably going to have a boring time

I think people forget that sometimes things take a looong time to happen in people's lives, especially when you're a teenager. I remember being in love with my best friend for 2 or 3 years before acknowledging it, and a year more passed before confessing. It's pretty normal.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Uncle Joe really is a bro. Irresponsible and kinda dumb, but a bro all the same.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I like School of Rock. Good movie.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Uncle Joe really is a bro. Irresponsible and kinda dumb, but a bro all the same.

I mean, skipping a day of school isn't the end of the world, especially if you're feeling under the weather. He did the right thing imo.

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Really liked this last chapter but more because it bring back a really good memory. I was not sad or anything, but going to school with my mom, she just said out of the blue "I don't want to go to work today, and you? want to go to the shopping with me?"; only time I skipped school without a reason and Idk, in that moment my mom was for me someone that would never do these things or even adults were "responsible", so it give me a vision or a lesson so to say; plus that made me to understand my mom better~

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Teenagers scare the living shit out of me

So, darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

joined Mar 5, 2022

The legend of the rent...was way hardcore

To reply you must either login or sign up.