Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Man I really love this artist. Being passed out in the backseat of a car leaning on each other is peak high-school student behavior. Love it when the little details are done so right.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Now bro knows not to sit in between the girls to avoid getting drooled on lol

Yes, but...

A scene where the girls are sleeping on each other would be tots cute ☺️

That's the second reason why he'll want to avoid taking the middle seat next time.

joined Jan 24, 2022

Narita, my dude, wtf are you doing in the middle seat?

joined Sep 28, 2022

We know how uncomfortable middle seat is :P

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Getting between yuri. He's lucky to be alive!

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

While I was listening to the drama CD, I realized that the biggest barrier to making a good anime (or live-action drama) out of this is probably music licensing. The background music on the drama CD includes all your hit favorites from gunge bands like Nibana and alternate rock bands like the UFO Fighters, which is to say it's bland name stuff that sounds vaguely like songs from some of bands namechecked in the manga. A huge part of the charm of the manga is the specificity of the girls being super into bands that were at their peak decade(s) before they were born (believe me, writing that out hurt me more than you), and without that, it's less compelling.

OK MAYBE I WAS WRONG https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIJY-75274?rm=t&vg=3bac952f-e3a3-4030-7623-3b63e4f5868c

Trying to decide how badly I want this… I have a little while to decide, but getting vinyl sent overseas seems like a super dicey proposition.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

In case you can't read the tracklist or don't feel like running it through MTL:

1 [SIDE A] ハート・シェイプト・ボックス / ニルヴァーナ
2 [SIDE A] ウォーク・ディス・ウェイ / エアロスミス
3 [SIDE A] ハイヤー・グラウンド / レッド・ホット・チリ・ペッパーズ
4 [SIDE A] ルーザー / ベック
5 [SIDE A] ブラック・ホール・サン / サウンドガーデン
6 [SIDE B] 禁じられた愛 / ボン・ジョヴィ
7 [SIDE B] <コピイングメカニズム> / ウィロー
8 [SIDE B] セイ・イット・エイント・ソー / ウィーザー
9 [SIDE B] シャイン / コレクティヴ・ソウル
10 [SIDE B] ミスター・ブライトサイド / ザ・キラーズ

1. Nirvana – Heart-Shaped Box
  2. Aerosmith – Walk This Way
  3. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Higher Ground
  4. Beck – Loser
  5. Soundgarden – Black Hole Sun
  6. Bon Jovi – You Give Love a Bad Name
  7. Willow – Coping Mechanism
  8. Weezer – Say It Ain't So
  9. Collective Soul – Shine
  10. The Killers – Mister Brightside

I don't know about y'all, but I think that tracklist is perfect.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

While I was listening to the drama CD, I realized that the biggest barrier to making a good anime (or live-action drama) out of this is probably music licensing. The background music on the drama CD includes all your hit favorites from gunge bands like Nibana and alternate rock bands like the UFO Fighters, which is to say it's bland name stuff that sounds vaguely like songs from some of bands namechecked in the manga. A huge part of the charm of the manga is the specificity of the girls being super into bands that were at their peak decade(s) before they were born (believe me, writing that out hurt me more than you), and without that, it's less compelling.

OK MAYBE I WAS WRONG https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIJY-75274?rm=t&vg=3bac952f-e3a3-4030-7623-3b63e4f5868c

Trying to decide how badly I want this… I have a little while to decide, but getting vinyl sent overseas seems like a super dicey proposition.

It should be fine, I get vinyl from overseas pretty often and nothing's ever wrong with it. I haven't gotten vinyl from cdjapan before, but I've also never had any problems with other stuff from them. Other than shipping costs being nuts on some model kits. Although... They do have the witch from Mercury vinyl cheaper than anywhere else...

Also I'd say to be quick, it says there's like 20 left!

last edited at May 20, 2024 12:35AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Uncle Joe speaks for my entire generation: adulting is hard. ;__;

joined Apr 2, 2023

Different retailers have different benefits too, but I believe those are just for the CD version. In any case it might be good to shop around if you haven't yet.

https://x.com/UNIVERSAL_INTER/status/1788131729158647887

I'm getting mine from Tower Records via Buyee because I have some other stuff I'm shipping too.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Don't stress too much Joe, you're doing a pretty damn good job

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Do we know what's up with her parents? I just realized I don't think it's come up....

joined Jan 14, 2020

No.

joined May 21, 2024

Yeah! Finally we have a ffm threesome scene in this manga, celebration!

joined May 21, 2024

Getting between yuri. He's lucky to be alive!

right! add threesome tag please

Hetuninkitay
joined May 21, 2024

Man I really love this artist. Being passed out in the backseat of a car leaning on each other is peak high-school student behavior. Love it when the little details are done so right.

Man I really love the artist's threesome and harem work, I just wish I could become Narita lol

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Hey could mods address the stilted attention-seeker?

Edit: Thank you!

last edited at Jun 1, 2024 12:42AM

joined May 21, 2024

Yeah, we all know you like the ffm threesome and self-insert into the tiny prick name Narita.

last edited at May 23, 2024 11:06PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Yeah, we all know you like the ffm threesome and self-insert into the tiny prick name Narita.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if I remember correctly, there was an implication that Narita might be gay

Hetuninkitay
joined May 21, 2024

Sorry to burst your bubble but if I remember correctly, there was an implication that Narita might be gay

Never heard about that, source?

Hetuninkitay
joined May 21, 2024

And the artist draw the romantic scene about lesbians and gay,lmao,even worse

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

I don't think so. Narita hasn't been implied to be gay. Just into "people watching".

And if you talk about "skinship" between boys in some chapters, like chapter 40, it's something normal for Asians.

Narita isn't interested in his own romance. If anything, I'd say he's aroace.

last edited at May 24, 2024 12:45PM

joined Apr 2, 2023

If anyone is interested the remaining Pop Up Shop merch is going on sale online May 27 with international shipping. It's whatever stock is left over so it might not last long, but there are some nice stuff listed yet.
https://shop.muzzle.co.jp/shopbrand/ct124/

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I wonder if this is how Mitsuki's non-school persona will be revealed to the rest of the school. Aya's friends know about the piercings and tattoo, but haven't really seen her in performance mode.

last edited at May 26, 2024 6:16AM

joined Apr 10, 2023

That person with the sandals on the last page sure sat down way too close to Mitsuki lol. I imagine she as soon as she finished playing and turned around that hippie gave her a jumpscare

To reply you must either login or sign up.