Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I wonder what their friends think of these two idiots, oblivious flirting in front of them.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

This isn't just absurd anymore its ridiculous, preposterous even. And its hilarious

joined Jan 6, 2017

I wonder what their friends think of these two idiots, oblivious flirting in front of them.

"Wow, look at these two idiots obviously flirting in front of us"

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I love it. ['now make them kiss' voice] NOW MAKE THEM GET DUMBER

joined Oct 21, 2013

Soon:
"It's normal for Best Friends to have sex."

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She is so fucking stupid in such a unique way. Who the hell interprets it like that LOL

On the contrary, this might be the smartest thing Minami has done so far, just take it as a win and roll with it :P

last edited at May 10, 2024 1:28PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wow, I think this is the first chapter of a yuri manga in a WHILE that actually managed to piss me the hell off, we're reaching levels of trash not thought possible here.

??? This chapter was adorable. Minami is actually hopeful and expectant and Yuzu is making progress in spite of herself.

Like, you guys all get that when Minami says "Yep! Total Best Friend behavior" she knows that it isn't actually, right? She explicitly lays out her thought process: If Yuzu thinks this is "normal" for them, then she can't be more than a small push away from falling for her. She says "Yep, totally normal!" because she's trying to maintain that sense of closeness, not because she's actually dumb enough to buy the claim. This is the least useless Minami has been since this series started, she's clearly actively making moves. Kabedons, heart cookies, cheek kisses. Girl is on the attack, on purpose, because she has correctly sensed that it isn't a hopeless pursuit. She doesn't know that Yuzu actually is already head over heels, mind, she thinks she still has work to do, but she recognizes that the forehead kiss was definitely NOT far from a direct expression of romance, that's why her hopes soared.

(Edit: I mean, y'all, you realize the normal play for this trope is that Yuzu says "Yeah, totally a platonic forehead kiss!" and Minami would get all depressed about how it isn't romantic after all and lose heart? That's how this usually plays out. Minami going "Wow, that was SUPER gay for 'normal', maybe I've got a shot after all" is a subversion of the trope.)

As for the change in Yuzu's behavior, remember, until very recently, she was actively trying to surpress her feelings, because she already thought it was hopeless. The way I see it, now that Minami's on the offensive, like, actually trying to seduce her, her composure is cracking like a crumbling dam. She has changed, because she can't hold it in, because it's like Minami is TRYING to make her hope for more!

Because, y'know, she is.

last edited at May 10, 2024 11:41PM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Like, you guys all get that when Minami says "Yep! Total Best Friend behavior" she knows that it isn't actually, right? She explicitly lays out her thought process: If Yuzu thinks this is "normal" for them, then she can't be more than a small push away from falling for her. She says "Yep, totally normal!" because she's trying to maintain that sense of closeness, not because she's actually dumb enough to buy the claim. This is the least useless Minami has been since this series started, she's clearly actively making moves. Kabedons, heart cookies, cheek kisses. Girl is on the attack, on purpose, because she has correctly sensed that it isn't a hopeless pursuit. She doesn't know that Yuzu actually is already head over heels, mind, she thinks she still has work to do, but she recognizes that the forehead kiss was definitely NOT far from a direct expression of romance, that's why her hopes soared.

(Edit: I mean, y'all, you realize the normal play for this trope is that Yuzu says "Yeah, totally a platonic forehead kiss!" and Minami would get all depressed about how it isn't romantic after all and lose heart? That's how this usually plays out. Minami going "Wow, that was SUPER gay for 'normal', maybe I've got a shot after all" is a subversion of the trope.)

I'm pretty sure she does think this is normal. She just argues that they've still progressed because they never kissed before as friends--this is new--so, for her, that counts as a new level of closeness. She imagines that there can't be many more steps left after best friends who kiss.

last edited at May 11, 2024 1:48AM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Is this manga a web manga? How do you know which is the web manga and which is the print manga?

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I went from cheering when she pulled her into her bed immediately to booing and “no”-ing when she used being best friends as an excuse…

Praying to god for y’all to become lovers may help, but god fr can’t help you if you keep giving yourself down in this “best friends” hole.

I so badly wanted them to cuddle to…. Ughhhhh the slow burn is burning

D181d5fe-08b3-440f-9c67-6e4fde1f19a3
joined May 10, 2021

Please kiss, I can't take it anymore

joined May 9, 2017

Please kiss, I can't take it anymore

Neither can they.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Art style keeps making me think of Can't Defy the Lonely Girl.

Standalone%20kurarin
joined Dec 1, 2010

Yuzu is so chivalrous. Unfortunately...
Just give in, girl.

joined May 10, 2021

It's almost getting painful cheering those two idiot...

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I really like bold minami ngl

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I wanna scream "JUST KISS ALREADY!!!" but they technically already are doing that... Just not on the lips yet

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023

I love those idiots so much, we're getting there!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Minami has cracked the code and doesn't even know it, victory is assured - and I look forward to seeing more of what true best friends really do

joined Jun 11, 2021

genuinely impressive how completely ridiculous this has gotten. i love how aggressive minami is at this point now that yuzu has inadvertently given her a free pass. we're only a few chapters away from "best friends fuck nasty and get married and spend their lives together" and yuzu going "boy i sure am glad im her best friend and not someone else! wish we could be lovers someday though!"

Vincent Kellen
joined Sep 18, 2021

I wanna scream "JUST KISS ALREADY!!!" but they technically already are doing that... Just not on the lips yet

Then scream "JUST KISS ON THE LIPS ALREADY!!!" instead

last edited at Jul 19, 2024 5:44AM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

It's hard even to make those "They'll marry and still worry if the other person sees them that way" jokes since the story itself is basically becoming just that.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Y'all have already done all the excited squeeing and stuff, so I'mma be the downer and mention the end of pg 13 and the first panel of 14. I get to thinking there's some sad backstory being hinted at there.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I'm here for their dads lowkey wondering when the wedding is. They seem to realize their daughters are lesbians, but I can't tell if they've figured out how useless they are...

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Um...has anyone had "THE TALK" with these two? Because I'm pretty sure that laying in bed next to each other is how manga Lesbians get pregnant!

To reply you must either login or sign up.