Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

joined Jun 3, 2014

I hope Fuuko forgets about any resentment she has towards her first crush and becomes her baby's honorary aunt, that'll be so cute.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Yuni was making Yuki's best friend miserable and admitted she was cheating on her. Plus she called Yuki fucking ugly and jumped her.

The original word is "ぶす" Busu. There is no perfect, one word to one word translation for it. It means "Ugly Woman". So the translator did an exception job to translate it to "fugly". The closest words to Busu are: "Hag", but usually associated with older woman; "Cow" which has multiple meanings but can be used as a ugly woman, and finally hellcat which is the perfect translation but is no longer in use often.

The translator did a great job for this chapter! Thank you for the hard work.

last edited at Dec 20, 2023 12:56AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

The translator did a great job for this chapter! Thank you for the hard work.

You're welcome.

Picquart%20petit
joined Jan 16, 2023

I hope Fuuko forgets about any resentment she has towards her first crush and becomes her baby's honorary aunt, that'll be so cute.

I don't think that's the kind of manga we're reading Chief.
Anyway if this chapter has proved anything it's that Fuuko suffering must be some immutable law of the universe. I think she should just hook up with Yuni's hot mum instead to spite Yuni since she would almost certainly take Fuuko for granted if Fuuko pursued her (rather than the inverse).

joined Feb 24, 2023

Yuni is such a miserable loathsome girl who only seems to be happy when others are miserable with her. Only thinks the worst in every situation, perceives anything said to her, positive or negative as a slight against her. Honey just listen to your friend and just BREAK UP with Nanase already, this character drives me nuts

last edited at Dec 20, 2023 8:18AM

joined Dec 12, 2023

Why bring your 'best friend' to your date? Really

i think nanase's motivation here might have been to get yuni and yuki to talk things out, since she did notice they had some sort of argument. considering she wants her relationship with yuni to keep going, she would probably want her best friend to be on better terms with her girlfriend than they seem to be

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Iwami Kiyoko: "I put in Yuni all the bad traits, flaws and shortcomings that I can't stand in a girl. All the things that, if I found them in my gf, would make me break up with her."

Yes, Iwami-sama, we can see that. You did a good job!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

We're so back baby, the fuu-train Is rolling full steam ahead AND you can't stop It, mark my words people next chapter yuni Will be back at fuuko s arms where she belongs

Indeed, sorted straight into the same bin together.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Yuni is the kind of person I wouldn't want around in real life but I love watching this selfish trainwreck. I do hope she crashes and gets a bit of reckoning and growth though. In contrast, I'd adore someone like Fuuko irl and yet I enjoy her being with Yuni. What a complicated feeling.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Nanase really is doing her best and I don't really have any complaints about how she's handling the relationship. First I did kinda side eye her bringing along Yuki to their "date" but she did ask Yuni how she was currently feeling which Yuni again lied about and you really can't blame her for wanting her gf and BFF to get along.

I didn't like how Nanase forgave Yuni and got back together with her at first, but you know I'm glad they showed that sometimes it just won't work out no matter what you do.

joined Aug 13, 2021

Did anyone else notice that Yuni litterally has no friends? Fuuko has this deal made about her being alone and stand-offish but Yuni litterally has no one either. Of course Yuni is lonely without Nanase : she has no friends to palliate her boredom with, just anonymous Twitter followers. Girl, of course you're lonely in your relationship, she has a healthy social life and you don't!

AHHHH I love this series so much!!! Such a well-realised mess!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Euchreiade posted:

Did anyone else notice that Yuni litterally has no friends?

She does. She's seen hanging out in class with the faceless gyarus. We even see them hanging out on the roof in chapter 6. Yuni's not a loner, contrary to Fuuko. She even probably has a lot of friends (as far as classmates are friends), much like Nanase actually.

She may not have a "best friend" or a childhood friend, but she's not isolated.

It's just that during recess, she has to wait for Nanase to have some private time with her girlfriend, and can't hang out with the others. That's why she feels lonely. And that's why Nanase is a horrible girlfriend, because she's unable to make her her priority.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Iwami Kiyoko: "I put in Yuni all the bad traits, flaws and shortcomings that I can't stand in a girl. All the things that, if I found them in my gf, would make me break up with her."

Yes, Iwami-sama, we can see that. You did a good job!

I vaguely recalled a quote like that so went back to check.

From Volume 1 Ch 5.5 afterword:

"Yuni encapsulates everything I picture when I say 'women are a pain in the ass'."

Yeah pretty much what you said but with fewer words.
Some of us hate Yuni more than others, but of all the negative ways and terms we might use to describe her, "pain in the ass" feels like one we could all agree on.

So yes, Iwami-sensei, you did a good job!

This is definitely calm before the next storm. No idea where we're going.
Only thing I'm sure of is Nanase x Yuni is doomed.
At this point, I'll consider it a "happy ending" if everyone makes it out alive.
Looks at Ch 20.5 titled 'Murder-Suicide Attempt'.

joined Jan 11, 2022

Love that afterword.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's funny how differently the author sees her characters compared to some rather vehement arguments often thrown around in the comments.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Did the author just call Fuuko by the nickname of the first Gundam? Wow.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Love that afterword.

That afterword is like the best thing in the history of things.

Now I'm picturing this dialogue:

Iwami: "So in the first chapter Yuni gets mad at her girlfriend Nanase and decides to cheat on her, so she goes meet Fuuko and they have raunchy acrobatic sex for ten pages!" (huff, huff)
Editor: "Keep your pants on you horny bitch!!!"

last edited at Jan 14, 2024 3:19PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

"We're finally getting to the point where we can say it's a yuri with cheating. Good, there needs to be more of it.

I even made suggestions for the first chapter to be flat-out cheating, but each time my editor would tell me to calm down"

This is a woman with a mission in life lmao.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

It's funny how differently the author sees her characters compared to some rather vehement arguments often thrown around in the comments.

Yeah, they're living their best life and having a good time, as we all should be lol. Manga is a lot of fun.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Yeah, they're living their best life and having a good time, as we all should be lol. Manga is a lot of fun.

Indeed, I personally learned to enjoy the ride a lot more when I stopped trying to take any of it seriously and just treat the whole thing as a comedy. That one person earlier on in the comments who claimed they have the only correct read of the story in the world helped to expedite this decision. Imagining a laugh track is fun too.

joined Jun 27, 2022

Good thing she listened to her editor, if they already went at it in the first chapter without any build up it would be even more stale. Just shows that Iwami is such a good artist with great esthetic sense but she's not a good writer.

She clearly has a thing for cheating, but I wonder if she thought of the story beyond that. Some more character development, interesting twist and turns, subverting expectations would be dope.

Yuni as protagonist and Nanase are so god damn boring, I admit the only interesting character is the mental Fuuko. I understand why people like her the most lmao.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Well I just binged this whole series in one day and now I’m eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Every NTR triangle needs one of the members to be nice but dumb, and Nanase fits that pretty well.

Yuni is straight up reprehensible. Constantly does selfish thing after selfish thing to try and satisfy herself all while blaming literally everyone but herself when it blows up in her face. The worst person in the room wherever she goes. So she’s amazing and I love her and I can’t wait to see what she does next.

Fuuko is also using Yuni to feel better about herself, and if I’m being honest she’s pretty terrible herself, but honestly she’s observing an ongoing trash fire and trying to spin it in a way that benefits her. I don’t really blame her, I guess. And 90% of the time she’s just prodding at Yuni’s many, many loose screws. I don’t think her and Yuni would make a “healthy” couple, nothing is healthy about these two, but they deserve each other way more than Yuni deserves Nanase.

Nanase is a bit of a dummy but she doesn’t deserve all this. Story could’ve been solved in 3 chapters if Yuni had the guts to actually talk with Nanase about her insecurities and loneliness, but she instead just makes wrong choice after wrong choice and it continues to spiral downward.

Aaahh… isn’t good drama the best?

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

Nanase is gorgeous in recent chapter. She looks so stylish and mature with glasses.
I like her shoes.

It's interesting how Nanase and Yuni are completely mismatched in their styles. And Yuki matches in her clothing style with Nanase.
I think the author made it all intentionally, through visualization.
Yuni looks like intruder between Yuki and Nanase in this chapter, that I felt sorry for her.

last edited at Feb 6, 2024 1:26AM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Something's odd here. I'm sure I've read all the chapters in English up to 22. So how come chapter 12 is just up as a new release, and it turns out (as I've found after checking the index) that most of volume 3 has vanished??

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Remorse..... until the next round of cheating, the Yuni way~~

Aaahh… isn’t good drama the best?

Well, it's high school love triangle drama, but it is entertaining in a funny way at least.

Something's odd here. I'm sure I've read all the chapters in English up to 22. So how come chapter 12 is just up as a new release, and it turns out (as I've found after checking the index) that most of volume 3 has vanished??

Volume 3 has a bad machine translation available in other places, the much better one is getting caught up here while also doing the latest chapters as they release.

To reply you must either login or sign up.