Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I love this manga to the point of buying the raw every month (I'm at 33 now). It actually getting better and better. But I now begin to think that the yuri tag may not apply. There is neither romantic love nor desire of lust between the three main characters. None of the three also have feelings for other people. Maybe other type of love, I don't know. Miko does what she does out of guilt. Shiori lies all the time to try to stop Hinako committing suicide because her "warrantee" to give Hinako a long life is not working because Hinako sabotages herself, with survivors guilt.

There is no way the yuri tag does not apply and to say so is a detriment to the series. Do you wanna turn people away from this story lol?

Shiori clearly loves Hinako and there's even a kiss in this (even if it's the unsexiest kiss ever). Yes Shiori's love does not resemble what we might normally think of as romantic or sexual love, but it is not familial or platonic love either (which we get from Miko). I think Shiori's love doesn't look like what we think of as romantic love because she's a monster who is still learning what love is. There is no denying she loves Hinako and we can see her feelings of love for Hinako also differs from the one she felt for that sacrifice girl from the past (I think that love is more like one you have for a pet). This series is definitely yuri. We just need Hinako to heal from her depression before we see any further development on that front.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 3:48AM

joined Apr 30, 2021

Maaan, I want this to continue.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Series got licensed by Yen Press

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Omg! Awesome news! Definitely getting it when it releases

To reply you must either login or sign up.