Forum › Posts by elysianempire

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

Wonder why Dynasty is so far behind in the manga? We're currently up to ch28.

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

This could also be another bait and switch Where Ayame isn't the monster Shori and Miko is sensing. As Futakuchi-onna are actally pretty harmless nor do they actively cause suffering to others.

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

Yeah since this chapter was called the other side of humanity I assumed as well that she’d be a “human” monster. Rapey first then when the axe popped up I thought maybe axe murderer? But I guess not

Well she a case of a human turned into a Yokai/monster, a futakuchi-onna to be speciffic.

The futakuchi-onna belongs to the same class of stories as the rokurokubi, kuchisake-onna and the yama-uba, women afflicted with a curse or supernatural disease that transforms them into yōkai. The supernatural nature of the women in these stories is usually concealed until the last minute, when the true self is revealed.

The origin of a futakuchi-onna's second mouth is often linked to how little a woman eats. In many stories, the soon-to-be futakuchi-onna is a wife of a miser and rarely eats. To counteract this, a second mouth mysteriously appears on the back of the woman's head. The second mouth often mumbles spiteful and threatening things to the woman and demands food. If it is not fed, it can screech obscenely and cause the woman tremendous pain. Eventually the woman's hair begins to move like a pair of serpents, allowing the mouth to help itself to the woman's meals. While no food passes through her normal lips, the mouth in the back of her head consumes twice what the other one would. In another story, the extra mouth is formed when a stingy woman is accidentally hit in the head by her husband's axe while he is chopping wood, and the wound never heals. Other stories have the woman as a mother who lets her stepchild die of starvation while keeping her own offspring well fed; presumably, the spirit of the neglected child lodges itself in the stepmother's or the surviving daughter's body to exact revenge.

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

BeanBeanKingdom posted:

Maybe a tease that anime is possible, although it goes so hard I thought it would be impossible

We got DXD and Redo Healer, Looking up to magical girls anime is unlikely but defintly not impossable

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

That would be all sorts of banana pancakes awesome, but I doubt anything this risque would ever air on Japanese TV, so we'd have an OVA, at most, and even that will probably get axed before we ever got the full story. :-(

Well there's redo a healer, Isakai reviewers, val x love, And lets not forget the juggernaut that is highschool DxD which is about as risque as this series. it'll have to be a later time block

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

gosh this manga is actually just so full of wisdom. Like, yeah, the key to having a balanced attitude it not to have different parts of yourself suppressed but to bring them out in appropriate measure to the situation and have them inform each other.

I also love how this fits with the framing of her unfortunate transformation as a domme losing control, and needing to so some soul-searching so that she can reach the far shores of kink while also keeping things safe and on-track. Very cool.

I wonder who the “she” the two parts of Utena refer to is, though…

I think it's Vena, if you look at the long dark panel, his face appears.
So either the 'her' is a mistranslation, or Vena has been misgendered since the beginning.

You also see Utena giving Vena the side eye after this conversation, giving more evidance that Utena was talking about Vena. but then again Utena has been quite confrontal/budding heads with Vena for the last few chapters and at least give the impression of not trusting Vena throughout the manga.

elysianempire
joined Oct 5, 2017

Can't wait for Baiser to crush that smug kusogaki down a dozen pegs or so, it takes a special level of asshole to show up with a cheap-shot at the end of someone else's fight then act like you're the biggest dick in the room.

What's got me curious is, if neither the good mascot nor the evil mascot scouted the new girls, is there a third faction mascot somewhere? The good mascot says she scouted one of the new girls ages ago, but I don't imagine they would've just lost track of a magical girl who was given a transformation unless something extraordinary happened to them. I guess it's implied she was thought to be one of the magical girls killed during the last Enormeeta boss' hunts?

That still leaves the mystery of the other two though, they don't seem to have been empowered by either of the known factions.

Maybe one of the new girls has a revival ability and brought the other two back from death to form her own faction of magical girls?

Most importantly though: How do these new girls fit into the BDSM narrative? Baiser is the encouraging dom who pushes her subs to their limits but not too far and genuinely cares for their well being, previous Enormeeta boss was the callous sadist hurting her subs for her own pleasure and not giving a damn about if they could handle it.
What does that make the kusogaki brat?

It could an abused Sub that became an abusive Dom or something of being either/both a Sub or Dom. It the leader seems Sus with the other two wrapped around her finger.