Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Man, that hits really hard

joined Mar 19, 2020

At first I thought she was killed? But the husband didn’t seem to hurt her? And instead took care of her? So why is ayame a monster? What happened to her?

Never mind, looking at the comments it seems her wound was an accident. I thought when we first saw a snippet of her backstory though it seemed more purposeful

last edited at Feb 11, 2023 1:22PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

Catelyn Stark ass motherfucker just sat there next to a kid's corpse

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Look at her hand, skin and bone, starvation due to neglect.

As for Ayame, I think the only possible way to die from getting slashed by an axe will be the head itself separated from the haft and flew off and ended up chopping the back of her head.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

At first I thought she was killed? But the husband didn’t seem to hurt her? And instead took care of her? So why is ayame a monster? What happened to her?

Never mind, looking at the comments it seems her wound was an accident. I thought when we first saw a snippet of her backstory though it seemed more purposeful

Have you ever heard of the idea that Christianity permiates through all western stories?

Well the same is true for Japanese stories except it's Shinto that permiating. Shinto is largely about the Soul and how you want to keep it clean, if a soul were to become foul the creature would become a monster one way or another (usually a malevolent Yokai or lost Spirit)

She's a monster because she's a "monster"

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

It's incredible how the story stays so very strong. I can't wait for other works from this author

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Have you ever heard of the idea that Christianity permiates through all western stories?

Well the same is true for Japanese stories except it's Shinto that permiating. Shinto is largely about the Soul and how you want to keep it clean, if a soul were to become foul the creature would become a monster one way or another (usually a malevolent Yokai or lost Spirit)

She's a monster because she's a "monster"

Oh neat thanks for the explanation

I wonder why she didn’t eat her in the first place then if she smelled so tasty. Love the way this whole thing popped up and is almost entirely sorted out immediately after. Gotta live open communication. Wonder what the trajectory of this is going to be moving forward. Also kinda cute that shioriko doesn’t want to be pushed away

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Everything seems to be hitting the fan I wonder if this series is almost over. Huge shame if it is love the art and I've very much enjoyed the story.

This entire thing is odd because the reason the monsters attacked her at the start of the series was because she smelled so good and they wanted to eat her. Or was that all a lie that our cute fishwomen told us. Because if their blood is mixed and disgusting why would all of those things attack Hinako really then?

Amazing Despair
12a1
joined May 12, 2019

Everything seems to be hitting the fan I wonder if this series is almost over. Huge shame if it is love the art and I've very much enjoyed the story.

This entire thing is odd because the reason the monsters attacked her at the start of the series was because she smelled so good and they wanted to eat her. Or was that all a lie that our cute fishwomen told us. Because if their blood is mixed and disgusting why would all of those things attack Hinako really then?

There are six more untranslated chapters, honestly don't think this is ending yet, but either way the monsters couldn't smell the blood, because it's only a bit that she gave her a long time ago, so unless Hinako gets hurt it's really hard, or even near impossible to actually smell that bit of mermaid blood in her

joined May 28, 2018

I think what makes the blood disgusting is if it's mixed with YOUR OWN blood. So Hinako is only disgusting to the fish, any other monster (like the fox) still find her tasty.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Did she really just pull a Strange Man?

"How do you know me?"
"Well I know you from Mexico. I know you from back out west."

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

I think what makes the blood disgusting is if it's mixed with YOUR OWN blood. So Hinako is only disgusting to the fish, any other monster (like the fox) still find her tasty.

isn't there also a factor that eating mermaid flesh in Japanese myth makes you immortal? So that would make her smell extra-tasty to monsters outside of the mermaids themselves.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yep, what Ayame said to Hinako was "the taste of a human with one's OWN blood mixed in is utterly unpleasant"

So its basically a double effect, other monsters would find her tasty while Shiori will find her disgusting

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Smart girl. Of course she would be right there, protecting you. ^_^

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"would you break up with me of I told you you absolutely reek to me?"

Smooth fish lady knows what not to say if she can help it

With that said #TeamFox

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

Ugly mermaid? No bloodlust in the main love interest? No sparklies???

Stephenie Meyer left the chat

joined Aug 23, 2011

But does her hinussy also smell bad or just her blood? That seems like it would affect their relationship

Thumb-128070
joined May 3, 2022

^ would prob smell so bad if she ever has a period

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

You can totally put stuff on her hand and it would be amazing.

"Don't mind if I do!"

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, the claim seems to be weirdly specific--that if a mermaid gives someone their blood, THAT MERMAID will find their scent foul. It would seem like it made more SENSE for the scent to just become foul in general, but that doesn't seem to be what anyone said. The blood seems to be more personal than that.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, the claim seems to be weirdly specific--that if a mermaid gives someone their blood, THAT MERMAID will find their scent foul. It would seem like it made more SENSE for the scent to just become foul in general, but that doesn't seem to be what anyone said. The blood seems to be more personal than that.

It makes very much sense not to want to essentially eat yourself, but have no problem with other monsters.

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 5:36AM

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

this has gotten quite interesting

by interesting, i mean

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I NEED MORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOOOOOORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Apr 30, 2021

I wonder if this means Miko could solve her hunger pangs by giving Hinako some of her own blood.

I wonder if Hinako would let her, given she actually wants to be eaten and Shiori just flaked out on her in that regard.

You can totally put stuff on her hand and it would be amazing.

Like so? :P

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 1:39PM

104001606_p0_master1200
joined Feb 27, 2023

How come this manga has a yuri tag? There are no romantic relationships between the three main characters. Both the kitsune and the Ningyo protect Hinako at all cost but with different motives. At no times do these three show signs of being gay.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

To the curious ones why Hinako is desirable for other youkai or monsters to eat, but revolting to Shiori. She has essentially mermaid blood coursing through her right now, the properties of both mermaid flesh and blood seem to be valued by not only humans, but other monsters as well seeing as there are monsters that try to nibble on Shiori to get flesh. So with Hinako still being a human, she exudes that same desirability but is also a vulnerable human incapable of defending herself, making her quite the target. Shiori has effectively imprinted Hinako, but the mark she left is barely visible unless the other monster gets so close to realize it, so the only one negatively affected to desiring to eat Hinako is Shiori.

To reply you must either login or sign up.