Forum › My Maid is Cute discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

MagiMaki posted:

Seems cute so far.

Edit: Not sure it needs a lolicon tag though.

Page 10?

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

My brain always shortcircuits slightly when I see maid but no Zanka.

That was my reaction

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

She doesn’t care about cleaning, she just a cute

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aw. it's cute you think this is going to be a "balm on a reader's heart" instead of the inevitable flood of comments hating on a story with tags they clearly already hate, so why are they reading it, lol.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Do you want to come inside for some coffee?

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

When I saw the mess she made I thought, welp, that's it, she'll be fired, no helping it...

Next page: "You're hired!" Uh, wait, what???

Oh right. Clumsy almost-loli maid. Irresistible for any Japanese person.

And we love them for that.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Must ask: is "middle-school" lolicon? Or do we consider it already teenager? Seems to be a grey area...

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Must ask: is "middle-school" lolicon? Or do we consider it already teenager? Seems to be a grey area...

I didn't set that tag and wouldn't consider that manga to be lolicon. Dunno why, but there's someone in the staff who considers that lolicon \o_O/ It's just a tag I guess...

last edited at Jul 12, 2023 12:59PM

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Oh no! They're both idiots!

Godspeed, idiots! We're cheering for you!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'd figure in theory she is. But she doesn't have the loli LOOK.

Noodlerama001
joined Feb 24, 2023

Age gap forced servitude adult/child pinning is basically the most unappealing concept to me ever and the first chapter left a bad taste in my mouth so I’ll be moving on and leave y’all to enjoy lol

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I didn't set that tag and wouldn't consider that manga to be lolicon. Dunno why, but there's someone in the staff who considers that lolicon \o_O/ It's just a tag I guess...

Strictly speaking, a loli is a girl before puberty. Broadly speaking, anyone who looks like a prepubescent girl will find some fans among the loli lovers. But maid-chan here doesn't seem to fit any of those criteria.

The way I see it, an early teen of average height who already has some feminine curves shouldn't really count as a loli.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Age gap forced servitude adult/child pinning is basically the most unappealing concept to me ever and the first chapter left a bad taste in my mouth so I’ll be moving on and leave y’all to enjoy lol

Be fair. Seems to be the oppossite of "forced servitude" here. Looks more like Kaoru Mori's "Shirley", a tale of a 13-old maid... who works in the house of the only lady who literally forgot to include an age restriction in the "work wanted" newspapers ad. In both cases the early-teenaged girl is taken, not to take advantage of the age, but despite reticency of "she's too young". And this is chapter 1, but the Shirley manga is the wholesomest thing you'll ever read. I'll be giving this one a few chapters to see if it goes in the same direction or not,

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 4:57AM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

tips fedora

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Forced servitude? I thought the main girl here just moved out to live on her own, and then suddenly the daughter of her previous caretaker just asks her to be her maid.

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Putting these concerns into 'personal grievance, and they should just go away if they don't like it' is a statement made in bad-faith.

People don't just comment about these things out of personal frustration. There is a clear pattern here that is community-driven, and for a better community. Yes, these comments are a bit vauge, but I think the context is there behind the words.

Wholesomeness is also defined by context too.

A fictional work is made by people, with intention from people, with context from people, many times for an audience, etc. 'It's just fiction'/'I'm just following orders from the commissioner' is very vague; in bad-faith; and saying that something is far worse is not a justification against what should be proportional responses.

And, even then, the responses from users and mods here are not proportionate enough. Where are the direct calls for better moderation, for example. it is also a bit strange that some, I think, are implying that these responses are in some way similar in intensity to high-criminal activity that can land you 15 years in prison. I think a proportionate response would be 5-10x the power of now. Some of this stuff, after all, does induce some really insidious content that should be borderline low-crime.

Edit: Or maybe even that isn't proportionate enough. This comment was more about small-time stuff like users and moderators, but when we get into creators with large audiences, and thus large responsiblity.... that should be handled much more firmly. And maybe that should raise expectations for smaller stuff too.

It is quite telling to me that we are focusing on talking about personal bevahiours and grievances, when this stuff shouldn't even be a discussion in here and our larger communities. Dynasty-scans needs to be better at moderation.

Tho, either way, places like GatekeepingYuri and wholesomeyuri will continue to put pressure on this site due to adjacency, and I think it is a positive pressure overall.

last edited at Jul 12, 2023 6:16PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Aw. it's cute you think this is going to be a "balm on a reader's heart" instead of the inevitable flood of comments hating on a story with tags they clearly already hate, so why are they reading it, lol.

I'm just glad Daphie doesn't let the comments get to them, and keeps translating the works that they enjoy and want to share.

and saying this another way, I hope you know there are plenty of us in the community that appreciate your efforts Daphie!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm just glad Daphie doesn't let the comments get to them, and keeps translating the works that they enjoy and want to share.

and saying this another way, I hope you know there are plenty of us in the community that appreciate your efforts Daphie!

Thank you for this! Yes, I always strive to not let others bring me down. I just love age gap stories, it's a big part of my enjoyment of manga, so I'm doing what I can so others who also appreciate that can enjoy good chapters!!!

And you're welcome ^_^

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Thank you for this! Yes, I always strive to not let others bring me down. I just love age gap stories, it's a big part of my enjoyment of manga, so I'm doing what I can so others who also appreciate that can enjoy good chapters!!!

And you're welcome ^_^

The internet is unfortunately messy so that's an admirable mentally to have I think! Also anytime, you're definitely one of my favorite translators and community members <3

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

As long as the first chapter was, chapter 2 was too short. Need more doses of cute!

joined Jan 14, 2020

Grades 7-9 in Japan, so ages 12-15 depending on a grade and when in the school year it is. Technically late tween at the low end, heading into early teens, mid-teen at the high end.

Akorin-av
joined Jun 14, 2021

Count me in for the sweetest fluff Daphie picks out. This is gonna give me diabetes and I love it :P

joined Mar 18, 2023

the deflections always makes me laugh, how can you be a manga reader, and somehow not want to admit to the dubious nature of these stories, thats beyond absurd to the point of being embarrassing.

though id say, the worst part of it all has to be those saying that the valid concerns of others, should not be voiced in favour of only fostering positive discussions about the unethical situations in the manga.

its high time people understand that liking manga comes with a history of negative implications, and that criticism and complaints of its media and its consumers come with the territory due to that history, any person deflecting from that expecting a safe space to enjoy their guilty pleasure are delusional and should reconsider consuming this media.

end note. a loli is a young girl, and a middle school female is of course a young girl, and the fact that the story highlights her youth makes it obvious who the story is targeting, why pretend otherwise? unless.... oh, okay, i see..... more deflection.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wow! Chapter 2 already!? Thank you, Daphie!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

end note. a loli is a young girl, and a middle school female is of course a young girl, and the fact that the story highlights her youth makes it obvious who the story is targeting, why pretend otherwise? unless.... oh, okay, i see..... more deflection.

Don't be silly. There have been masses of arguments about just what a "loli" is among people who pay no attention whatsoever to issues of morality and so have no need for deflection. The subject is complicated by the fact that many characters generally described as "loli" are adults, or even hundreds of years old--having the body type associated with "loli" is clearly sufficient for the designation even in the absence of actual youth.

To reply you must either login or sign up.