Come on! Run after her!

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Poly! Poly! Poly!

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Putting these concerns into 'personal grievance, and they should just go away if they don't like it' is a statement made in bad-faith.

People don't just comment about these things out of personal frustration. There is a clear pattern here that is community-driven, and for a better community. Yes, these comments are a bit vauge, but I think the context is there behind the words.

Wholesomeness is also defined by context too.

A fictional work is made by people, with intention from people, with context from people, many times for an audience, etc. 'It's just fiction'/'I'm just following orders from the commissioner' is very vague; in bad-faith; and saying that something is far worse is not a justification against what should be proportional responses.

And, even then, the responses from users and mods here are not proportionate enough. Where are the direct calls for better moderation, for example. it is also a bit strange that some, I think, are implying that these responses are in some way similar in intensity to high-criminal activity that can land you 15 years in prison. I think a proportionate response would be 5-10x the power of now. Some of this stuff, after all, does induce some really insidious content that should be borderline low-crime.

Edit: Or maybe even that isn't proportionate enough. This comment was more about small-time stuff like users and moderators, but when we get into creators with large audiences, and thus large responsiblity.... that should be handled much more firmly. And maybe that should raise expectations for smaller stuff too.

It is quite telling to me that we are focusing on talking about personal bevahiours and grievances, when this stuff shouldn't even be a discussion in here and our larger communities. Dynasty-scans needs to be better at moderation.

Tho, either way, places like GatekeepingYuri and wholesomeyuri will continue to put pressure on this site due to adjacency, and I think it is a positive pressure overall.

last edited at Jul 12, 2023 6:16PM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Being so physically affectionate and flirty then having an almost-confession in chapter 2 makes me think this won't be a slowburn. Considering that the story is called "A Love Yet To Bloom" it would make sense for the story to only last long enough for said love to bloom.

Some fanfiction writers set a transparent short/medium chapter goal. It would be good to see more manga creators doing this, IMHO.

last edited at May 29, 2023 10:00AM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

I might be biased, but there needs to be 100,000x more stories like this.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Poly train? Choo choo?

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Amattoart-1642864562574700546-img1

"She was sleepy, and her two girlfriends hadn't had time to themselves like this in a while. So she told them as such, and so they decided what they would do that night.

She gave them some room, falling asleep beside them, while they had a good time together. Drifting off to sleep, she did so with a feeling of compersion and happiness as they quietly continued to do intimate, adorable, loving things - comfortably, right beside her - into the lateness of the night. All utterly content in each others' presences in the bed they all lay on."

-- Polyamory snippet from my brain.

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 10:46PM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Nagiwww7-1509937803500879872-img1

Next year Ganyu and Yae will do the April Fools'. The year after that Ningguang and Ganyu will do the April Fools'. So on, and so on, and the cycle repeats until they get feed up and marry each other the day after the 6th April Fools. :D

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 10:20PM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Real life doesn’t work this way, sigh

You say that... then nek minute...

Actually, giving every teenager the opportunity to go out and explore independently a bit, and to improve mental health, is something I would pay tax for. Would probably build travel habits for their future life too. Would improve mental health all round. Funding a proper intercity public transportation network would go a long way too. Too many people being dragged around everywhere by their parent because there is no other choice.

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

They could maybe do temp or seasonal work, folks? Quite popular here in NZ. Tho, I don't think I got their age? Also, people can go ages on bicycles and some tents. Maybe she brought the bike on the train.

I'm sure the other girl probably has some expensive things she could sell to smooth things out. Maybe they have been dreaming for a while, and they have some cash saved up? This story is a bit vague, and there are quite a few cynical assumptions here.

I'm really cynical of the cynicism in here. Nada mention of the slap, except casually mentioning it as a a plot point, or in some false equivalence comparison. That's some serious shit right there. Good riddance to the legality of that kind of stuff here in NZ.

And seriously... this girl had some mental health issues, and still a bit at the end, but some people want to call here insults and make accusations...

This community can do better.

Also, tho this is no way as severe a situation, has no one on here never reacted like this after months of being mildy pissed off? I once quit on the spot at a warehousing job after someone kept throwing paperballs at me. Maybe they had been saving to travel for the future, but what happened speed things up? This happens when you get sick of crap and want a break.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 4:49PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

holy hell bro! if YOU wanna her to act in YOUR WAY after she just got there not less that A FEW MIN ago, how about you take her place so you can act the way YOU wanna since her reaction to the situation ain’t on your taste………………..>.>

Actually... I could see it working if she used the characters she has read, and how they act, as a coping mechanism. She could be shell shocked, and doing stuff in a daze (her mind going all over the place, and making random remarks to distract herself). And it could have been the thought of the share utterly horrifying situation she has found herself in... that turns her back into her normal self.

Tho, if so, it would a bit rough around the edges, and a bit rushed. On the other hand... free reading experience :)

I'm not gonna go back on what I said, at least for other certain starting scenarios, but I don't think the stress of situation was accounted for by my comment, and your comment as well. There's is some leniency for 'taste', but there are fundamental ranges of ways humans react in different situations with different history backgrounds.

I think I'll read the next chapter with these possibilities.

Also, for the sake of saying it, there's a good chance I would react in a similar manner if I was truly shell shocked too.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 11:33PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

I can get behind this take on isekai.

It is one of my favorite concepts. Found a few Harry Potter fanfiction that use it, but with time travel, and they are often a good read. And, it also side-steps the risk of... certain stuff from happening.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 10:56PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

holy hell bro! if YOU wanna her to act in YOUR WAY after she just got there not less that A FEW MIN ago, how about you take her place so you can act the way YOU wanna since her reaction to the situation ain’t on your taste………………..>.>

The thought of money temporarily, but dominated her mind relatively right after she got transmigrated. Minutes before the crack in the ground, she was making remarks about a book like a human being with good mental health. It seems like she had a good quality of life, had a good social life, and was looking forward to some things in her future. That was the demeanor I got from her.

In my opinion, the way the character was introduced is actually pretty good. The bantering between the friends was good to read. It's really the middle beats I have issues with. The ending of the chapter seems good.

You say 'your way', but I was more commenting on what I think would make sense for someone in her life and current situation. I don't think she would be that quick to jump on the money, for example. She doesn't come off as desperate for wealth (like she doesn't really mind if she fails some courses? She seems really laid back). Why would she be so invested in such a thing right out the gate? Who would she share the benefits with? Personally, I really appreciate when a story is consistent within itself.

She was also just chatting to a friend. That person would have been one of the last things on her mind when she fell. But no single thought after she woke up out of pure concern? At least before she started thinking about wealth? Before she found out that she was in for some bad luck as the Villainess? Are they friends or are they not friends? What is the narrator trying to tell me? Narrative choices like these are important.

Did her memories become more renegade, assuming they combined with another's? If so, narratively I think it would have been important to at least imply these types of things at the start.

Also, I'm sorry, but I don't think your response is civil. My comment was very benign.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 10:52PM

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Not too sure about this one. On one hand, would she have wanted to not be alone if she was transmigrated to a nice household? And, why isn't she concerned about her family, which should be the appropriate response either way? Why was she so happy about the money?

AKA, It seems like she has forgotten quite a few modern ethics, and important people in her life (like the crush she was just right next to a few minutes ago) all of a sudden. Is her head just messed up right now? If I was in such a position, my most immediate external worry would be about my friend that I was just suddenly seperated from.

The second person's transmigration scene was all good, tho.

If any one is interested, 'This Isekai Maid is Forming a Union!' has an interesting take on that sort of stuff.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 7:50PM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Zensokuzenshin_-1625303144770207744-img1%20(1)

Transportation in yuri is mostly trains, walking, buses, flying, horse carriages and cycling lol.

Like, a quite a few iconic yuri scenes involve another girl on the rack of a utility bike. Oh, and don't forget the hill with high-quality grass they sit on and look out into the nice scenery (e.g. Kase-san).

Is it just me, but wouldn't a GL story in typical US suburban setting at least be a bit more boring? Harder to pull off narratively, IMHO. A lot less places to randomly meet up, or to become friends. Stuck in consolidated settings. Less spontaneity. When there are teenagers, being forced to be moved by parents, so the story gives off more of a 'controlled' tone; instead of independence to make some of their own choices.

Even if there is a school bus, teenage school shows create 'drama' on the buses with bullies and such to compensate (IMHO). It is narratively stifling on average.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 5:11AM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Zensokuzenshin_-1625303144770207744-img1%20(1)

One reason why I love places like Tokyo is that they are a great example that you don't need to build that high up to get walkable neighborhoods. Just narrow the access streets, reduce excessive front & side set backs, and tell people that car parking is their own responsibility (personal property, after all); they make up about 85% of a metro, so it adds up real fast. It even works with normal single-family homes, with moderate backyards.

It's cool that we are following a bit in Japans footsteps here in New Zealand. Will take a couple decades tho.

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Eating, crying, and trying-to-hold-in-a-laugh all at the same time... that is some bloody good storytelling.

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

This story has a rock solid foundation going for it.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

Great story so far. Loving the complex emotions the keychain represents too. Probably the first story in a year or so on here that actually feels alive to me. And I love how there is an undercurrent of hope in the story. It's being suppressed by her darker thoughts, but I can feel it fighting back lol.

It's 5am right now, and I'm very tired, yet this chapter made me forget about that. I think it's going to get better; the use of symbolism is a great sign.

Writing, pacing, a limited selection of settings at the start of the story, and her developing background story is great too. I think all of that and the rest is coming nicely together in this one. Some classic/normal/old/whatever storytelling choices being used, and they look they will be used well. Can't wait for more.

last edited at Dec 31, 2022 11:46AM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Tokikaze_js-1601840717994795010-img1

The more you say something the more 'official' it becomes. Saying 'payed' over a couple decades will eventually... pay off.

last edited at Dec 14, 2022 7:34AM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Vitoriacampos5-1594332482505408512-img1

Aaawwwwww, that overwhelmingly happy, trembling lip thing.

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Fhhmtxtauameqxy

Need more depicted traid poly on this site. Like actually showing it, like this one does.

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 11:32PM

TheParagonWay
Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022
Dreamsynddart-1580266308372819968-img2

I can't stop looking at this image. It embodies a type of happiness.

Image_push
joined Feb 10, 2022

I've seen Harry Potter Marriage Law fanfiction tropes die out because of ethics, expect trope-inversion, no-comfort, and darker stuff of course. Similar with Soulmate fanfiction. So shall reader desire for this. To speak frankly, this sub-culture and genre has a long way to go. Maybe 50 years.

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 9:18PM