Forum › Posts by Freenbeckforever

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Realism. I love it so terribly. There's only so much cgdct you can take before reaching the point of oversaturation. Even more so since the people who cultivate the cute 'n moe genre tend to think that cutesy antics can replace plot (hint: it doesn't).

Thanks the heavens for Flowerchild, Akiyama Haru, Uozumi Ami, Kodama Naoko, Iwami Kiyoko and all the other great ladies ot realistic psychological drama. And all the Chinese and Korean authors too, of course.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Oh no if I ever become a sadist hostess and get stalked by a masochist actress, I might be influenced by an erotic comic to cross ethical lines! Thank God you're here to warn me otherwise!

I've just read chapter 6 in the Spanish translation, and I can tell you something:

Io is not the fucking stalker in this story.

Omg I don't think I've ever wanted to waste a character in a yuri manga as much as I want to waste Io's bitch of a manager. I hope Misa kicks her ass. Grr.

Huh, the bitch is already pretty nasty in just a few pages in this chapter. So I guess it's gonna get worse? I'm not really surprised.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Good for you, Furuka, your time of ninki has arrived. Every girl wants you!

joined Oct 28, 2022

I didn't translate the prequel doujinshi where Sara takes Sylpheed, but it's clear from there she was already suicidal after her abusive father disowned her and she became a nun. This doesn't seem to have changed at all in the new version, she's just better at hiding it. But if you match them side-by-side Sara's already showing greater suicidal tendencies early on in the serialized version. She seems to have issues with self-worth she masks under self-suggestion - constantly telling herself she's perfect as motivation. The little glimpse of her backstory before chapter 10 suggests that used to be real pride that might haunt her now.

Oh my golly, oh my gosh, oh mah gaaaawwwd!!! Sara-chan nooooooo...!
I can't believe I read all the serialized chapters translated so far and never noticed that Sara was carrying that kind of heavy personal/emotional baggage!

Then again she was rejected like trash and disowned by her own family, and then iirc she was banished by the priests and nuns who were supposed to be her new family and sent to a second-rate monastery! Of course she would have self-esteem issues!

Wrecked by guilt and a sense of worthlessness.
And yes you do remember correctly about the church banishing her, in fact one of the links in the op you quoted leads to the segment where it happens haha lol.

The author has been very sneaky so far, hiding the clues and hints behind a smokescreen of cutesy lovesy moments of yuri development... I wonder when they're planning to smack us with the horrible revelation?

I'm looking forward to it. Kamejiro is a great writer and always full of good surprises.

last edited at Dec 13, 2023 10:11PM

Freenbeckforever
Anime season 13 Dec 21:51
joined Oct 28, 2022

Hazbin Hotel season 1 starts January 19, 2024.
Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acn0EIys4b4

I'm really hyped about this! ♥ Kinda sad the original voice cast ain't back.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

It's okay to disagree, it's not okay to call someone 'metard' or insinuate that they're not stable or gaslight them.

Let me tell you a few more things that are not okay.

A new member posts for the first time to tell us they didn't like some parts of a story. They immediately are jeered at, with mockery and contempt. That's not okay.

They are told that their short and polite message sets a world record in wrong thinking. That's not okay.

The word "toxic" is thrown around again and again by one poster. People who never used that word (not even once!!) are accused again and again by that poster of calling "toxic" this manga. That's not okay.

While others try to comment and discuss this beautiful manga, that one poster keeps derailing the discussion with messages about the perceived wrongs of other commenters. That's not okay.

The best way back to normalcy would be to stop the ad hominem arguments. And it's quite clear who started it and should be first to stop. Hopefully a mod will remedy this.

joined Oct 28, 2022

Are we back in the 90s? This is like a yuri manga from that time. From the time manga taught us that lesbians knew no lust, and love between women always was chaste and sisterly.
These two: no attraction, no horniness, no desire for each other's bodies, no nothing. They will live like vestal virgins ever after. Talk about a blast from the past! /s

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022
15rlmgzk21rb1

"Bestie" in the reply seems full of sarcasm... hmm...

joined Oct 28, 2022

Wonderful story and sexy characters, just my thing. And lovely art too. But is it going to be this same release rate from now on - I mean a chapter every nine months? O_o

joined Oct 28, 2022

Soooo...people anyone want to bet that we will get a funny scene where the Red-head MC will use her new crystal ball and someone curiously asks what her future soul-mate will look like and our Red head MC will end up thinking about Future miss Demon lord= she appearing in the Crystal ball due to her thinking of her...Cue embarrassed reaction from both??? Or I am just thinking non-sense 0_0

Anything can happen. Literally anything. That crystal ball is a trigger for certain disaster.

The scene you described could happen, yeah. But since the ball shows random people doing random things in an unpredictable way, it might as well show Lloyd sodomizing William. What a dangerous toy... ._.;

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

the sapphic urge to write characters bleeding out and experiencing immense physical pain and trauma

I was going to laugh and say "Pshaw, what an exaggerated statement!" but then I remembered novels like Clear And Muddy Loss Of Love and Female General and Eldest Princess.

groan
Why didja have to make me remember that?
These novels are great from any angle, either as historical fantasy, political intrigue or romantic stories, but... why oh why does the author seems to always feel the mad urge to make one of the girls suffer horribly (gang raped, beaten to a pulp, head bashed in, and so on) just so the other one can nurse her back to health, pamper her and comfort her?

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Looking back, Hibiki is the second biggest flirt in the manga (after vamp Kaoru). So far she's had episodes with Kaoru, Kanae, Midori and Nao, to say nothing of a boy or two. And we still don't know where's her endgame!

And just as we were discussing this, bam: another chapter with a Hibiki flirt! This time with Midoriri. Frailty, thy name is Hibiki. lol

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Looking back, Hibiki is the second biggest flirt in the manga (after vamp Kaoru). So far she's had episodes with Kaoru, Kanae, Midori and Nao, to say nothing of a boy or two. And we still don't know where's her endgame!

Ok, now that the crazies have been forced to shut up and we can continue our normal conversations, I'll bite and ask the question: what's this about Hibiki and Kanae? I checked and there are no chapters tagged for them, neither Hibiki x Kanae nor Kanae x Hibiki.

joined Oct 28, 2022

The only tag for this work is the "Yuri" tag? How lazy! You're gonna make it feel lonely and unloved!

Quick, find a dozen more tags for this lovely piece of fluff!

How about Wholesome?

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

I was very confused for a page or two there before I realized it's what happened in the past ... Unless it's not and I double bamboozled myself.

You realized right. The whole chapter is a flashback. To be exact, the first half of a flashback; next chapter's the second half.

She has Natalia's blood. Could it be that this is the reason the sword ended up rooted into her instead of Natalia?

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

I can't believe there are people in a yuri forum who preach teen chastity.

I get enough of that sicko shit from Christian conservatives in everyday life; I don't come here to read that girls with an active sex life are brainless.

Why is everyone in this damn forum assuming every teenager is some sort of brainless horndog? snip rant

Wow, you poor victim. You sound like the guys who claim White Anglo-Saxon Protestants are the real racial victims because they're always discriminated against by the overprivileged darker-skinned minorities.

last edited at Aug 26, 2023 2:07PM

joined Oct 28, 2022

I prefer the zettai ryōiki technique most.

Zettai ryōiki is a superpower??????
WTF?!?

Do they mean it in the same way people jokingly claim that "big boobs" is the Most Common Superpower?

joined Oct 28, 2022

Extroverts aren't that bad to hang around if you're an introvert. A large group of all introverts is worse...

joined Oct 28, 2022

Oh honey... FWB with a girl you're in love with... I hope you're ready for that. I wouldn't wish that on an enemy.

It's a recipe for NTR.

There's a good manga I was reading the other day (het, not yuri) where this situation happens. The mc is in love with a cute and sexy gyaru; she has lots of FWBs; the mc has the choice between confess his love (and ask her to be his exclusive gf) or become a FWB too! He chooses to be a FWB, lmao. On the plus side, he gets to have sex; on the minus side, he has to watch as other guys canoodle with the girl he loves (and knows that they'll all bang her sooner or later).

If you think about it, it's not such a bad deal. Frankly, this guy is better off than the typical mc from a shounen manga who can't get the fmc to be his gf AND never has sex either. :P

last edited at Aug 1, 2023 9:47PM

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022
joined Oct 28, 2022

Well, the creator disappearing is a bit sad.
But, at least I won't have to feel so conflicted about the casual tsundere violence, lol.

Even better: we never got to the yandere violence, as Noele never had a chance to take action. All's good in the world!

Freenbeckforever
Liberta discussion 12 Jul 12:37
joined Oct 28, 2022

Psycho onee-chan with an elegant name - 2
Punk tomboy imouto with a cutesy name - 0

But the match ain't over yet! >:(

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

When I saw the mess she made I thought, welp, that's it, she'll be fired, no helping it...

Next page: "You're hired!" Uh, wait, what???

Oh right. Clumsy almost-loli maid. Irresistible for any Japanese person.

And we love them for that.

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

Ah, poisoning the well. (snip)

tl;dr
Somebody cares to condense it?

I can do it for you, real easy. It's an incoherent word salad, full of blabbing and devoid of meaning. He toots all his headcanons as if they were facts, he accuses the other poster of personal attacks (because they reminded him of the forum rules) and demands that they address his arguments (when they aren't the one who was debating with him). I think this was just an attempt to drown everyone under a logorrhea. Srsly, you did the right thing not reading it.

joined Oct 28, 2022

Hitomi and Azuma: no proper resolution
Tae and Mado: no proper resolution
Tae and Yuki: no proper resolution

Hitomi and Azuma fell through a plothole and it sucks. That's what annoys me the most. As for Mado-chan and Yuki-chan, welp, we could have used a few moments of Tae making things clear with 'em but I don't mind so much.

Even Minori and Coco have a healthier sexual life as they often engage in kissing and petting and all sorts of erotic games... and Coco is a second grader ffs!

And then the day came when somebody wrote in a forum that Minori-sensei's lustful sex games with a 7-year-old loli were healthy. XDD
No but really I get your point, lmao, it's unnerving that Tae and Mai didn't even kiss. It shows how much Mai was retconned : the Mai from the beginning of the manga, after hearing the "I luv u too" from Tae, would have taken Tae into her arms and kissed the living daylights out of her!

last edited at Jun 28, 2023 4:15PM