Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

How do you make a good ending on an axed series?

joined Aug 15, 2021

I am happy with this tho I admit that I'm a bit greedy so I did want more of this if possible, but glad it even exist at the first place. All I know is this fic made me smiled a lot, and that's already make this got a special place in my heart.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I knew it would play out like this, but I held out hope for Mado anyway.

joined Jul 2, 2021

Well, that's at least better than what I thought the ending would be like. Hoped at least there's a timeskip. Still, it's way too rushed in just 2 chapters. Would be nice if there's a few more chapters to smooth out the progression.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I hope the author will make cute little bonuses in the future.

joined May 23, 2017

The ending was what I hoped to be and the author actually did it

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

No!! That wasnt an ending for me, just another cliffhanger! At least give me an epilogue!

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 2:53PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No!! That wasnt an ending for me, just another cliffhanger! At least give me an epilogue!

Give it a month or so, surely there will be something extra in the final volume as well.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

This is decent as far as axed/rushed endings go. I was afraid that the author would go with an open ending, but we manage to have an unambiguous romantic conclusion here.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

wait are we sure it got axed? like is there a source on that? would certainly explain this godawful ending but it sucks that a series that was so good up to this point had to rush like this

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is what happens when you made your story into a tangled mess of retcons and you can't tell anymore what the feck you're writing.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Ending was satisfying enough for me, still a shame it had to be rushed

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was a nice ending, all things considered.

Also, typo on page 32.

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 4:28PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Alright! too bad Mado, but I hope we get some bonus, epilogue, something!

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Uuuuummmmmm I am so confused with this end. I'm kinda happy for this ending but... Clearly, it would be better if they didn't end up together (the promise they made count as dating). We are talking about an adult falling in love with a preschooler. This is grooming ! Mai did all the talking and make her promise to wait for her. But as an adult, there is no way you can accept that ! The fact that the author draw Mai with a body of an adult really reduce all the creepy aspect of all this. Okay, it's not your typical manga with an older guy going for little girls. But changing the guy for a gal is not better.
Also, the only child who acts like one in this manga is the best friend of Mai. All the other talk and act like adults. Or all the kids I encounter (including myself) were dumb as fuck.
And last point, I think it would so much impactful if at the last panel the author reverse the aspect of Mai and Tae (drawing Mai with an actual body of a little girl and Tae with a more mature body).

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 5:07PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

We are talking about an adult falling in love with a preschooler.

What exactly is "preschool" to you?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

wait are we sure it got axed? like is there a source on that? would certainly explain this godawful ending but it sucks that a series that was so good up to this point had to rush like this

Not sure, but I think the magazine it was printed in is going out of business. That could potentially speed up an ending, but someone can correct me on that. I don't fully remember.

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 5:12PM

joined Nov 21, 2018

While I was right in thinking that the end wouldn't be totally satisfying with so little time to work with, what we got wasn't awful by any means. This manga was super cute and wholesome despite the premise; maybe that wholesomeness is what actually doomed it considering the usual kinds of age gap that get popular.

Well, here's hoping that the author will revive the web version and give us plenty of their adventures after the serialization ends. May even be able to do things there that would not have been doable in a magazine.

I hope we'll get a little closure for some of the other characters too, like the teacher who ended up rejected. I want to see the kids grow up in a time skip sorta thing too, moistly cuz I worry about Yuki :V

I was worried after the sudden "childhood promise reminder" in ch31 which felt like a preamble for a super rushed "development"/cop out due to the axe, wasting all build-up accumulated from ch01.
Madoka Akbar, I really should have had more trust in the author, he didn't cop out, the childhood promise only serves as a nudge for Tae to force her unsorted accumulated feelings into shape, and the story ending on a promise to wait until Mai is old enough (with Mai's volition) is okay enough. That is the only proper ending for this series, considering all the things that had happened so far.

My thoughts exactly; I'm glad the teacher ended up being a push for Tae instead of an easy escape.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Manga won

joined Nov 21, 2018

Not sure, but I think the magazine it was printed in is going out of business. That could potentially speed up an ending, but someone can correct me on that. I don't fully remember.

I haven't read anything about Comic Rex going out of business. My thoughts were just that they run a lot of ecchi manga so a more chaste yuri manga like this one wouldn't be as popular there.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm happy with this ending, the confession and confirmation of feelings between them was nice. I'm hoping for a time skip epilogue bonus, but I'm also okay if we don't get that.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Nice title drop at the end.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

WHat if Mai keeps growing at the same rate? By the time she's old enough to properly date Tae, she'll be big enough to walk Clifford the Big Red Dog!

joined Nov 21, 2022

Well, that was an abrupt, and slightly disappointing ending. Wish there could have been a better wind-down. But author's gotta deal with the hand she's dealt.

Both Model and Plain Manager and Be Careful, Onee-san, had pretty much the same abrupt ending.

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 8:04PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Huh!
That wasn't too bad! (considering how abruptly it was axed)

To reply you must either login or sign up.