Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Not that I want Mai to get the girl — i’d rather no one did it for now — but I think that what Yuki needs the most now is an adult figure that will show her the love of someone who is there to take care of her, even by simply spending time with her, because she’s being neglected by those around her.

She needs her mother.

On another note. Azuma-san if looks could kill; Tae-chan would be floating around with angel wings.

last edited at Mar 28, 2023 4:37PM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yuki doesn't realize she's already been daughterzoned and Mai getting slightly more jealous everytime Tae does something NOT with her. I can't wait to see how Mai's jealousy bubbles over the top it's bound to happen eventually.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I really liked this chapter. Yuki has been a bit of a flat character, but this chapter was genuinely touching; I could see a real-life kid with a crush acting like she does here.

Hopefully this crush soon turns into pure admiration.
Not that I want Mai to get the girl — i’d rather no one did it for now — but I think that what Yuki needs the most now is an adult figure that will show her the love of someone who is there to take care of her, even by simply spending time with her, because she’s being neglected by those around her.

It's totally normal for kids to get crushes on adults, even in real life; it's the reverse that's the problem. Yuki will still get valuable things from her time with Tae even though her crush is definitely going to end in heartbreak for a multitude of reasons.

Yeah but I kinda want it to NOT end in heartbreak, more like a re-evaluation of feelings, coming to terms with the "it's not how it is" scenario but without being rejected — Tae doesn't even have to know Yuki had a crush.

On another note. Azuma-san if looks could kill; Tae-chan would be floating around with angel wings.

She wouldn't be allowed in the house to begin with.

last edited at Mar 28, 2023 8:01PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

Yeah but I kinda want it to NOT end in heartbreak, more like a re-evaluation of feelings, coming to terms with the "it's not how it is" scenario but without being rejected — Tae doesn't even have to know Yuki had a crush.

Ah, yeah I can understand that. But I think the mangaka will probably have her confess to Tae so as to compel Mai to admit to her own feelings. Yuki's role from the beginning has kind of been to help impel Tae and Mai to get closer, unfortunately for her lol.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yuki's role from the beginning has kind of been to help impel Tae and Mai to get closer, unfortunately for her lol.

There are worse fates than death

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

If i'm being honest, I would not mind if Tae ends having both Yuki and Mai as her lovers.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

If i'm being honest, I would not mind if Tae ends having both Yuki and Mai as her lovers.

In about 8 - 9 years yeah..? thought so.

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Yuki has been growing on me for some time now but mai tho.... The lack of attention is getting to her. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Goddamn it. They ruin everything.

joined May 29, 2021

Comments both here and mangadex think this boy is any kind of serious threat? Really? There hasn't been a major male character in this series yet.

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn these kids are having a confession meanwhile here is my 26 years old single ass. remind me again how old are they?? damn kid bro is about to experience his first heart break.lol

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Those boys really thought I was hot? Oh my God, I’m cured! I want the boys! - Tara Maclay.

DynastyUser382
joined Apr 16, 2021

Really hope they don't go the route of her accepting the boys confession so she can better understand her feelings (plus on a personal level, I've always disliked when characters accept confessions from random people they dont like just because, feels odd)

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 11:33PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Mai's about to get a crash course on romantic feelings! I think she'll reject rando but could just be wishful thinking...

More likely scenario is Mai will tell/ask Tae about romance and then Tae will avoid Mai after realizing how her first love will never come to pass because of the age gap. Maybe throw in some guilt about keeping Mai from people her own age as well.... then Mai will chase after Tae!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

This series just swerves into her dating life with some random boy. The entire audience (myself included) just turns to dust.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Another demonstration that Tae-chan really is a lost case... :D

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Young dudes gonna need to climb a step ladder to give Mai-chan a peck on the cheek.

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 10:52AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Little boy, youre a brave soul and it doesnt matter who shits on you, you were right on being honest

Brace yourself and prepare to take the hit

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

Yuki this is your chance, get that woman for yourself.

joined Nov 21, 2018

More likely scenario is Mai will tell/ask Tae about romance and then Tae will avoid Mai after realizing how her first love will never come to pass because of the age gap. Maybe throw in some guilt about keeping Mai from people her own age as well.... then Mai will chase after Tae!

I feel like Mai will give the boy a "let me think about it", go through a short arc of figuring out her feelings (possibly by asking Tae about love, giving us flustered Tae comedy), then turn him down when she realizes she loves Tae.

Little boy, youre a brave soul and it doesnt matter who shits on you, you were right on being honest

Brace yourself and prepare to take the hit

He'd better clench those teeth

joined Jun 27, 2022

I feel like Mai will give the boy a "let me think about it", go through a short arc of figuring out her feelings (possibly by asking Tae about love, giving us flustered Tae comedy), then turn him down when she realizes she loves Tae.

Pretty much this, random-kun is just a plot device to spice things up. I hope the pace will pick up and we get more time skip's. It's cute and all but I wouldn't mind Mai getting older so things become more interesting.

But that would kill the main focus I guess

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Pretty much this, random-kun is just a plot device to spice things up. I hope the pace will pick up and we get more time skip's. It's cute and all but I wouldn't mind Mai getting older so things become more interesting.

But that would kill the main focus I guess

This one got axed, ending at chapter 32. Looks like one of those "this is last physical volume, so that's all space you have left" deals. Barring some omake epilogue.

I don't disagree with what is happening in the story (already read 31 with a final little reveal about Tae's past), but the pace is not going to be good. Unlike in most stories of this type, Tae is not a pedophile. She fell in love with Mai, because she looks like a gorgeous young adult model and her kindness. Mai's age is a true bother to her, to put it mildly. Which almost necessitates a lot of internal drama and some kind of solid decisions for it to make sense.

But being like this, it would have been better not to introduce those other kids and save those chapters for this last part to do it some justice.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Ch31: This Madoka teacher lady has only appeared, like, once and briefly before, and there is literally no build up in between (because all screentime is spent on Tae's interactions with the gradeschoolers), and now one mention of a childhood promise and that's it? If one only reads the summary that could be an okay end content-wise, but storycrafting-wise it's totally shit technique, which is totally out of place seeing how the author has decently done the prior parts of the story so far. Therefore the only explanation is that the Axe has been raised and on the way down.

Stories with large age gap and characters fully aware of the problems in their progress like this are fine to go either way (double down with the age gap couple, or introduce a new love interest of legal age, or the middle ground, timeskip), but let it build up properly, goddamn it.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

I wonder the author's new series has anything to do with this one being axed.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I'm... not even mad. It's a bit of a tonal shift from the relatively lighthearted "oh no so scandalous" comedy, but... I think it works?

To reply you must either login or sign up.