Forum › Posts by DumShork

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

This reminds me of my dreams when I'm sick, except much more fun.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

All
of
these
five
threads
and the user who posted them need to be deleted.

DumShork
Slow Start discussion 11 Mar 13:06
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Has this series always had the Yuri tag? I thought for sure it was tagged as Subtext.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

How would you feel it this happened to you? https://youtu.be/0OHjWCdqMBQ not knowing you were so close to your oshi?

I would divide myself twice and use three of the resulting clones to make a watering can and two pots for the priestess as penance for my oversight. But in all seriousness, I think Ina IRL would be so quiet, I wouldn't have any way of knowing it was her. Missed opportunities can be fun stories, too, though.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Honestly, you peeps have got nothing to support your claim.

Their exuberant love for each other is all the evidence I need. It was an ex. End of story. There's not a chance in hell the author would drop something heavy like infidelity in a lighthearted chapter. Let's move on.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Birb is back. It was nice to hear her be able to laugh again.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I tried watching the anime for the first time today. It was unwatchable. This isn't even about animation; the people who did the storyboarding and series composition are just utterly incompetent.

Ok, then. I'll say it. I really do not like the animation in the anime version of this. It seems to be just about halfway between an actual anime style and something like Sakura Trick. Minimum effort all around, strange anatomy anomalies, and this I-can't-believe-it's-not-AI sort of odd feel to it. I love this manga, but the anime is extremely disappointing. The nudity-for-the-sake-of-nudity is also off-putting.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I'm pleasantly surprised that they went the route of having one of them just completely unaffected by the ASMR. As a similar type of person, it was a nice touch.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

It didn't feel like Junko got what she deserved.

Hell is not a place you get sent to. It's a place you construct for yourself, brick by brick. Those who inhabit it rarely even realize they're there.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

My wish for this series is to see both of them so broken by their ambition gone awry that the only thing they have left is each other.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Can the author stop trying to redeem that unlikable slagheap of a person

Your bar for being irredeemable is comically low. I don't see her as particularly likable, but the story is more interesting for it.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

It's been almost 25 years. Just get married already!

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I think I need a chiropractor now.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022
Eus_ing-1551091663086374912-img1

Boids.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

not liking lemon cheesecake

How can they be so cute yet so terribly wrong?

I've seen this on the internet in general over the past few years, and there seems to be an unhealthy fixation on judging other people's personal tastes as somehow objectively wrong or correct. Nobody's personal tastes are ever wrong. This is something everyone needs to accept. If this is your idea of a joke, it doesn't come across that way.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

A school forbids you from going to the arcade on your own free time?

The unnecessarily draconian rules some private Japanese schools have never fail to bring a sigh and an eye roll from me.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Props to the translators who know it's "Psych" and not "Sike," which is not a word in the first place. The pedant in me is pleased.

I had a grin on my face for the rest of the chapter because of this.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

A Zanka product that actually ends? Not just left in perpetual limbo?!

Immortality would be an actual purgatory-like state, so there's not a huge difference between this and their other series as far as I'm concerned. I do like it, though. Cute fluff as usual.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Things are kinda getting out of hand here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/28159

I believe this needs to be addressed also. Both sides are way over the line here.

last edited at Sep 18, 2023 10:12AM

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Ponytail Supremacy

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Thx goodness she said this was about fiction not people! rotflmao

That is nothing more than a transparent excuse.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

If someone has a problem with that exceptionally infrequent occurrence, I'm sorry but they're either a homophobe or a misandrist. Either way, they can quite frankly just leave.

OR they could stay and explain to you why your name-calling is wrong, in the hope that one day you'll get it.

Identifying such a visceral reaction of disgust and disdain to the completely benign appearance of a gay couple as either homophobia or misandry is not "name-calling," no matter how much you would like it to be true. I'm well aware that there is a small but vocal subsection of this community who actually hate men, regardless of what they're doing or who they are. They pop up whenever a Het story is released or a man appears in a yuri story. I'm tired of it. They can take their personal problems elsewhere.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Many yuri fans don't want dicks in their yuri.

Except there's no dicks here. There's two men who love each other doing some silly flirting. If someone has a problem with that exceptionally infrequent occurrence, I'm sorry but they're either a homophobe or a misandrist. Either way, they can quite frankly just leave.

DumShork
Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

The whole air pocky sequence with Ed and Ian was uncalled-for, unneeded and superfluous. Yuck. Blegh.

Quite the contrary, it was hilarious. Giant rodent attack!

That should have been Ayano and Miyoshi.

Nobody reads this manga to watch middle-aged gay guys flirting.

I do. And I'm not alone. Think very carefully for a while about what that means.