Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

Huh? Next is the last? Is it getting axed.. Because the age gap?

Doubtful, there are a lot of age gap stories and this is by far one of the most wholesome of them. "Falls in love with gorgeous girl, learns it's a child, decides to forgo romantic intend and act as a responsible adult in a wholesome, good-role-figure, friendship"? Given it's JAPAN we're talking about, it's likely it got cancelled because it was TOO LITTLE extreme.

I think that’s what surprises me the most considering Japan loves stories of JKs with office workers that are either in their late 30s or early 40s. Even seem to like stories of shotas with OLs or deadbeat older women

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

So, i think they all be resolve with a time skip.
OL confess to Mai, they decide to way and they star dating with 18

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Oh what a suprise ! Let's see if she's going to be a reasonable adult and accept a beautiful offer from a childhood friend, or choose to remain a Pedo creep for the rest of her life. But since we know the fate of childhood friends in yuri, the end will be pretty predictable.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

That's literally grooming a child.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh what a suprise ! Let's see if she's going to be a reasonable adult and accept a beautiful offer from a childhood friend, or choose to remain a Pedo creep for the rest of her life. But since we know the fate of childhood friends in yuri, the end will be pretty predictable.

“Beautiful offer”—lol. When I became an adult I literally could not remember a single thing I said, did, read or watched from 4th grade, let alone a promise to “be together.”

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

What a twist

I love how everyone is always gay in manga like this

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

That's literally grooming a child.

It isn't, but you already knew that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

eibon06 posted:

I still fail to understand why people read things they hate

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Damn. Here I was expecting a new story arc and all of a sudden we're about to hit the end.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Next chapter the last? NOoo it can't be!

SibyllaAurea
joined Apr 2, 2020

Welp, seems like this will have a rushed AF finale, I don't see any way this can end well.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Next chapter is the final one...
Huh?!

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

"Aaahhh we can never be togetherrrr."

Okay but all that aside you can still tell the kid it's an awful idea to date someone because of feelings of obligation.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Now I wanna have a time skip to see her all grown up. Will she be 4 meters tall?

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

…aite, that’s a legal and decent ending. I would have liked a peek at the future but, this will do. Maybe we’ll get a peek in a bonus chapter?

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

I'm satisfied with that ending. I was expecting, that Tae would go the childhood friend route or that it would be ''open for interpretation'' type of ending, but with what we actually got, I'm plenty satisfied. Hoping for an epilogue chapter and some extras. Overall I rate this series 8/10

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 12:02PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

I was worried after the sudden "childhood promise reminder" in ch31 which felt like a preamble for a super rushed "development"/cop out due to the axe, wasting all build-up accumulated from ch01.
Madoka Akbar, I really should have had more trust in the author, he didn't cop out, the childhood promise only serves as a nudge for Tae to force her unsorted accumulated feelings into shape, and the story ending on a promise to wait until Mai is old enough (with Mai's volition) is okay enough. That is the only proper ending for this series, considering all the things that had happened so far.

(In hindsight, I might have worried too much, not even such brutal axe as the one Tatoe Todokanu received could make tMnR throw away such build-up out the window.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looks like we got everything we both feared and wanted. Dumb advice to try to go out with the boy and switching the chocolate on one hand, but also Mai already rejecting him beforehand, both realizing their feelings, and a confession from Mai with a happy future ahead of the two. Nicely done. ^_^

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I have mixed feelings about the ending but I've had mixed feelings about the beginning, middle, and premise so what else is new

joined Apr 2, 2020

This left me with a really bad taste in muy mouth, honestly I dislike this rushed ending, I hope we at least get an epilogue or extra chapter

joined Jun 11, 2021

given that it got axed, i think this was about as good an ending as we couldve realistically hoped for. i would definitely love to see an epilogue at some point about their future

joined Feb 1, 2019

Problematic as hell this manga

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Problematic as hell this manga

The manga is all fiction. Problematic is only when you act out the things in this manga into real life.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Owari

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

That really was... a final chapter.

Seriously though, this manga was enjoyable throughout its run so even a lukewarm ending is still a net positive and, really, any neutral-quality ending is better than one that's outright bad or the author just spinning their wheels forever with no progress. I'm happy with this

last edited at Jun 27, 2023 1:16PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.