Forum › The Villainess Who Steals the Heroine's Heart discussion

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Wasn't expecting the "adoption" backstory to go that route....oof.

Glad this is getting more fleshed out than the original shorts series

joined Aug 21, 2017

These pun names are glorious.

Princess_Anime
Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

Ace attorney type name TLs i'm digging it

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Ohhh I knew this felt familiar. I was like "this feels like a ripoff of something I read ages ago" (which is funny considering how generic it is, intentionally)

It'll be nice to see it fleshed out a bit more.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah it's honestly a really good albeit depressing reason as to why Mayne does everything she does, especially given that her body is her only real weapon in this fight of nobility.

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 9:20PM

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

aww i wasnt expecting this to be as sweet as it's turning out to be

The Real Haman Karn
Haman%20icon
joined Nov 29, 2021

two characters i need to see fuck savagely Yesterday. What a gorgeous art style and what a dynamic!

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

dumbfuck in chief lol ded

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Yeah it's honestly a really good albeit depressing reason as to why Mayne does everything she does, especially given that her body is her only real weapon in this fight of nobility.

Someone on Mangadex keeps warning that in a later chapter, she uses her body to escape from four guys who kidnapped her.

I doubted the authenticity of those claims at first, but based on the content of this new 'adoption' storyline, I'm starting to wonder if the person's warnings have some merit...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Salinthrous posted:

Someone on Mangadex keeps warning that in a later chapter, she uses her body to escape from four guys who kidnapped her.

I doubted the authenticity of those claims at first, but based on the content of this new 'adoption' storyline, I'm starting to wonder if the person's warnings have some merit...

Hide your potential spoilers.... :/

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

my god, this art

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Yeah it's honestly a really good albeit depressing reason as to why Mayne does everything she does

At least that part is shown in a flashback and quickly over. It can be frustrating when the pacing or timing makes it hard to move on from the more depressing parts of a story. Being able to immediately reconnect with the "now" gives her story depth without making the reading experience excessively unpleasant.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I've read on mangadex til ch5 and didn't see anything like this though... Ah, but that was the old version, I see

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 2:56AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

But holy hell, the vilainess is... ooff :O she could steal me any day. Lol

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

It's always weird when Twitter manga get serialized. For some reason they seem to like reordering the chapters or edit them together in order to form a longer narrative.

Take the second chapter for example. It starts out with their first night, with the villainess clearly stating that she want to take her time. But it then cuts to a chapter that is clearly from much later and the heroine and villainess had already become intimate though the editing implies that it's the next day. It's really bizarre.

last edited at Mar 7, 2023 4:33AM

joined Oct 21, 2013

This has definitely got to be a magic fantasy setting, because I can't see how she isn't riddled with STDs with that promiscuous lifestyle for a living.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Long Live Yuri Villainesses!

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Gotta love Vylle Inness

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Damn... the Mayne Herwynn is down bad...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

My heart gets stolen too when Vylle shows me expressions like that...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, as we see in Ch2, she het-slept her way up before meeting the Villainess.

joined Apr 16, 2022

While this is mainly a parody comedy manga, Mayne being made into a sympathetic take on the "evil white lotus original heroine" archetype so common in the otome isekai genre is a genius move and instantly sold me on this serialization.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The last page of ch1 may be the best scanlation-team-made page I've ever seen.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Well, as we see in Ch2, she het-slept her way up before meeting the Villainess.

Mayne has gone through a lot,and a lot of it was unstatisfying(the crown prince lasting only three minutes after her low noble adopter most likely lasting longer),but now she gets true happiness(which can last three days),without having to lift her fingers as much as before.

Albeit,I don't think she slept with that many in comparison to how much she had to study.

And I doubt she did as much as this lady.

All the way from 1998.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

While this is mainly a parody comedy manga, Mayne being made into a sympathetic take on the "evil white lotus original heroine" archetype so common in the otome isekai genre is a genius move and instantly sold me on this serialization.

Absolutely, I was sold just from the concept of the original version but they added so much depth here that I'm really excited to see what they do with the expanded characterizations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.