Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why do I like Aoi's backstory more than the main story, I wonder.

Because Aoi's story is a well-paced, right-to-the-point heartbreak. The main story meanders a lot, while Aoi's flashback delivers a gut punch of intense melancholy that makes the main story feel like an overly long setup for it. Where the main story feels like romcom fantasy at times, these 2.5 chapters are incredibly raw, emotionally intense, and (at least to me) highly relatable -- and that's what ultimately counts in good storytelling.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was a much more helpful discussion than expected.

Honestly, why do they keep falling for Kaede?? She's such a Mary Sue, goddammit.

Hahaha, no. She's way too much of a slob to qualify as anything even close to a Mary Sue.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

That was a much more helpful discussion than expected.

Honestly, why do they keep falling for Kaede?? She's such a Mary Sue, goddammit.

Hahaha, no. She's way too much of a slob to qualify as anything even close to a Mary Sue.

Lol Yeah, if anything she's the Anti-Mary Sue. Actually even the concept of Mary Sue doesn't really fit this type of story. What would she be the Mary Sue of, manga, friendships?

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 8:46AM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Isekai Harem Protagonists if anything, funnily enough. "It's ok when BOYS do it but wrong when girls do it!11!!" Anyone who uses Mary Sue seriously I'm immediately skeptical of their character and their capacity for analysis.

Download20210304011519
joined Mar 24, 2021

Do we think ch29 page 31 is a callback to ch15.5? :eyes:

OK, what it turned out it was actually referencing (ch30 page 19) was so very Aoi lmao.

Download20210304011519
joined Mar 24, 2021

I probably should have read to the end of the chapter before posting my previous comment but now that I have, ahhhhhhhhhHHHH

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 3:02AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

That train ride scene escalated from zero to a hundred in the blink of an eye. O_O

joined May 10, 2021

I see Aoi'a stil the same vixen eh.
Aaaaannnd finally some Kae action, nice going!

joined Jan 11, 2022

I find it really funny that Kaede's wild hair will NOT stay down even at the wedding, or maybe it's not real and instead it's just how she is viewed through the lens of Nanami/Aoi. Either way those two strands of hair defying a curling iron made me smile.

Also the rate of release is absolutely wonderful, thank you so much to Gouma-den!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That train ride scene escalated from zero to a hundred in the blink of an eye. O_O

It sure did. There have been implications that Kaede is developing feelings in the past few chapters, but the kiss came a bit out of nowhere. I hope we get a glimpse into her head of what prompted it in the next chapter...

I see Aoi'a stil the same vixen eh.

Yeah, inviting all of your active girlfriends to your own wedding is a power flex. :'D

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Kaede did it. Go girl, woohoo! You won't be lonely much longer!

Also, yowza Aoi-san, that is definitely the way to live life. Get married, get women. ezpz

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... well I obviously knew he will be nowhere near the focus, but I'm still kinda surprised that Aoi's husband got basically no screentime :P No face, no name, no lines on his own wedding, we don't even know if he's at least sorta nice or not. Sure bodes well

joined Mar 19, 2022

... well I obviously knew he will be nowhere near the focus, but I'm still kinda surprised that Aoi's husband got basically no screentime :P No face, no name, no lines on his own wedding, we don't even know if he's at least sorta nice or not. Sure bodes well

Let's be honest, does anyone give a fuck about the husband? Maybe giving him a face would have been a nice touch, but no one wants Generic Japanese Man #403 to have too big of a part in a yuri manga. He was everything he needed to be for the story.

asteriskybusiness
Furude
joined Jan 8, 2023

So many precious faces from Kaede this issue! Also holy shit.

Zaimokuza%20ii
joined May 9, 2014

God damn it, i frickin' love Ohsawa Yayoi.
Thanks for the translation, very much so.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Told ya. That wedding was a nice "fuck you" to all yuri fans, right ^_^

joined Jul 4, 2022

Finally!

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Told ya. That wedding was a nice "fuck you" to all yuri fans, right ^_^

What got me was the promiscuity jab of Aoiat the wedding.

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 7:55AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nanami and Kaede look like such good girl friends.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Let's be honest, does anyone give a fuck about the husband? Maybe giving him a face would have been a nice touch, but no one wants Generic Japanese Man #403 to have too big of a part in a yuri manga. He was everything he needed to be for the story.

Well, hope he at least has a lot of side action as well. It's only fair.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I've never liked that "I'm too scared to act or tell my feelings so I'm gonna kiss my crush while they're sleeping" thing. But for Kaede it's just.. Okay? I mean the poor girl when it comes to love is very oblivious all this does is 100% cement the fact that we know she does indeed have feelings for Nanami. It was very sweet but honestly wanted them to have a legit first kiss. I have a feeling Kaede gonna feel super guilty after this and hide from Nanami when they get back. I know this series is getting close to being done since it's eight volumes and we've gotta be getting close to the end of volume seven now. So the last chunk of chapters should be very interesting.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Aoi: First you get the power, then you get the money, then you get the women.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

The plot thickens. I wasn't sure if that was a full kiss or just came close to it before deciding better, but y'all in chat seem to think it was a kiss kiss so I'll go on with that knowledge

Now I wanna see a manga about a gay dude who marries a gay wife, so she'll be his beard. And they obviously have an open relationship, but she gets ALL the pussy and he's kinda lonely and can't find anyone.

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

AYO?????

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

This series is like a worn out 70s Dodge. The gear-reduction starter just keeps whining, but nothing happens. Meanwhile, the anger grows. Had she actually kissed her: victory.

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 11:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.