Forum › Posts by megenos

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Babe, keep sleeping, new chapter of "Lesbians don't exist, they just haven't met the right man yet" just dropped!

Sadly I don't even think it's that. The author just needed drama and this was their go to given what they did in that previous chapter.

last edited at Jun 25, 2023 2:09AM

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Told ya. That wedding was a nice "fuck you" to all yuri fans, right ^_^

What got me was the promiscuity jab of Aoiat the wedding.

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 7:55AM

megenos
Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

What I like in this one is that they're acting like adults. Both women never get angsty, or even pondering about "but we're both women!".

Both Kashiwai and Tsuzuki just accept that being in love with someone of the same sex happens and it's perfectly fine. It's refreshing to see characters being adults and giving not a single fuck about what "society" could think. Tsuzuki was already there, being in an open relationship, but Kashiwai quickly caught up. She came out at her job, dumped her boyfriend and was really upfront about wanting to get physical with Tsuzuki.

Parents? Family? Colleagues? Friends? "They'll take me as I am or they can go to hell. For once, I'm in love and that's what's important."

She only felt guilty at first because she was betraying Jun. But on the other hand, we can see that Jun just noped the fuck out at the first hint she might have cheated on him. He didn't ask, didn't try to talk, just ran away. Meaning that he wasn't really in love with Kashiwai either. He was just doing what everyone was expecting of him: marrying, having one or two kids, working hard at his job. Working hard at his relationship? Nope. He'll find another one in no time: men with a stable job are in high demand in Japan.

As for people complaining that it's not a good representation of polyamory, they may be right, because in the end, it's not strictly "polyamory", but an open relationship. One could even say it's a bisexual harem. While Tsuzuki loves all of her partners, the others don't have to love or sex each other for it to work. They just have to accept to share. And it takes adults to do this. Not manchilds like Jun.

And contrary to what people expect, I think we'll get a happy ending and the four ways relationship will work, because Kashiwai and Tsuzuki want it to work. Tsuzuki is free. And that's what Kashiwai loves about her. The end of this chapter shows that Tsuzuki really cares about Kashiwai: making her breakfast, walking her to the station, talking about taking her to the beach, or pool... In the end, she's everything Kashiwai wanted for a partner.

Someone she wants to stay together forever and walk down the aisle with.

It's not fair to him to call it running away. To him anything she does/say would not fix what has happened. You can't put a blanket sentiment of if you really love someone you would try to figure out a problem. Some problems are just deal breakers for some people. Once it occurs and the trust is lost there is no going back for some people.
Just like how you afford the open relationship to the other characters offer the same to a character who considers trust as the main currency in a relationship and once it's spent, it's gone for them.

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

I usually never post. But what the fuck was that!? I know about tropes but this is just plopped into the plot just like that and I am not even sure what it accomplishes.

last edited at Sep 24, 2022 12:18PM

megenos
Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

there’s a lot more people hating on ABO than I thought, I personally love it. Bonded by hormones, claimed by marks, their mating cycle, makes really good smut. The chances for poly are lower as well since Alphas are so possessive. I like this new trend

Chances of poly is low but the chances of rape and sexal assault is very high. And most of the time it's waved away as it's hormones.

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

We should just call each other people, human, etc... Why is gender needed anyways? Why do we have the need to define everything, we can't expect to fully undertand the world if we limit our thinking that much...

I am in security and gender or if you prefer sex is a necessity for critical situations. And I don't usually mind in normal situations but when procedures that need to take sex into consideration occur this sort of fluid mentality can be seriously detrimental.

megenos
Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Lmao with people getting frustrated that the romance in a story titled "My Unrequited Love" isn't advancing quickly enough. I honestly do get it, this manga is deliberately slow and agonising, and if you're not into that, then I can't blame you for having a bad time. But for all the many valid complaints you could have about this story, you can't fault it for false advertising.

Look, I know the difference between slow-burn romance (which, done well, I am quite a fan of) and stories that are structured around fake-out cliffhangers, intentionally withheld information, and arbitrarily postponed confrontations.

My problem is not that the romance isn’t advancing (in the specific terms this story has set up it is advancing—after 20 chapters, we at least now know that Kaoru knows that Uta is in love with her, and is trying to figure out what to do).

My complaint is that the story keeps raising issues concerning all of the characters (list available on request) that don’t get developed in any focused way, which makes it hard to care very much about them.

i can't deny all the contrivances have grated me to a point I lost interest in the main characters and have actually been paying more attention to the side characters. Like Miyabi and Kuroe who have actually shown some progress whenever they appear.

megenos
Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Dear god. This again. Why? Do these authors have the same cheat sheet with the same routes and events. "I didn't take your confession seriously". Are you for real? There are like a thousand yuri mangas that pulled it before yours. Why bother?

It isn't really disappointing because I was expecting it two or three chapters later.

In fairness, virtually every lesbian I have known in my life has expressed exactly these kinds of behaviors around their crushes. It happens all the time in fiction because it happens all the time in reality.

"I like you."

(I sure wish she actually liked me. I mean, she's just saying that as friends, right?)

"I like you romantically."

(Gee, it'd sure be nice if she meant that literally.)

"I literally, genuinely like you romantically and am interested in being your girlfriend and kissing you and being with you as a romantic couple that has sex with each other."

(Okay, but how does she mean that?)

How old are these lesbians. A functioning adult by the second step would ask for them to explain what they mean.

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

Why couldn't this have happened on the canonverse? Why?!

Aside the kissing. These sentiments were in the anime/manga

megenos
Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

....that was a drive-by yuri!

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

I don't know what it is about Japanese that makes people so anal-retentive about romanizations. I've never seen students of Chinese Korean or Hindi or Farsi argue that things must be romanized a specific way. And most of those languages are impossible to pronounce romanized words without having at least a cursory understanding of the language's pronunciation rules.

But then it comes to Japanese and it is only ever acceptable to do it a single way, and that single way must maximize readability for English speakers. (Though anyone experienced in the Japanese language that has heard people without much knowledge of it try to pronounce words romanized in that supposedly most readable romanization can tell you that's total bullshit and the words are still all pronounced completely wrong.)

PS: That's how they officially write the title.

Haha It's nice that you offered the actual title after this whole exchange. I understand what he was saying but isn't context and inferred meaning one of the huge factors in translation especially in japanese.

Phpcmgiip_c2pm
joined Dec 14, 2016

But, how old is kanna in human years?