Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Nov 13, 2022

Here we go again. Building tension. Great, I love to see it. It's based on insecurities we already knew Mitsuki had and will potentially develop a few secondary characters and their relationship with Aya. I kinda have to wonder what their friendship is, really. We barely know anything other than Aya feeling her music taste doesn't fit. It will be nice to find out.

Hopefully this time it's brought to a conclusion instead of being skipped again. If we have another case where the resolution of the conflict is half-assed off screen, I'm out.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Now the ideal way to handle this is "Hey why don't we tell your friends that we're going out? Then there won't be any problem because they'll be your friends and I'll be your 'boyfriend', right? Win-win??"

sweat

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Now the ideal way to handle this is "Hey why don't we tell your friends that we're going out? Then there won't be any problem because they'll be your friends and I'll be your 'boyfriend', right? Win-win??"

sweat

Followed by the two friends telling them that they're also going out, roll credits.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Why Mitsuki take off her glasses when reading on her phone?
presbyopia in her age?

Could get dramatic if so. Next there'll be an Astigmatist showing up, and you know the Astigmatists are always having doctrinal wars with the Presbyopians.

I have myopia and astigmatism and have NO IDEA what y’all are talk about

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I can't help being a tragedy fiend but what I'd like in the near future is a chapter sketching out how Chizuru's dealing with heartbreak.

last edited at Jan 18, 2023 2:10PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

What is this thing called 'communication'? Talking? Is that some kind of food?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What is this thing called 'communication'? Talking? Is that some kind of food?

Commearication Is the act of bonding over Ears

joined May 10, 2021

Is she really handing out her concert tickets to this little twat who wants to act like a jealous little kid instead of using this thing called "communication".
S.M.H.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, not too sure about that development.

joined Mar 23, 2022

no no no no.listen gurl we all know,except you, that aya wants you the most to be with in that freaking concert, so take that ticket back to your effin ass. those babies doesn't deserve aya

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Oh no, the story about high school kids involves some of the friends feeling frustrated that they're not spending as much time together as they used to. Time to piss and moan about it on the internet because they mildly inconvenienced the romance in a way that will no doubt ultimately advance their relationship.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Followed by the two friends telling them that they're also going out, roll credits.

Don't get my hopes up. I don't want to be hurt again.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh no, the story about high school kids involves some of the friends feeling frustrated that they're not spending as much time together as they used to. Time to piss and moan about it on the internet because they mildly inconvenienced the romance in a way that will no doubt ultimately advance their relationship.

Always funny do not seem to remember their own teenage years and how unreasonable young people can be.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Haha Right. It's funny. Being pissy about the friend's "being pissy" because no one gets pissy like that of course. Chizuru's issue is a normal one that happens all the time and it can be hard to talk about this kind of issue with a friend. This is one of the ways friendships can drift part quietly. Happened when I was a teen, happens to students I teach now and I'm a professor (so they're college students). Communication is not nearly that easy when emotions are mixed up. People say "communication" like it's simple and that everyone communicates perfectly in their lives and when they were teens. If it were that simple the world would have no problems. Chizuru is not being bitchy and I love that Koga realizes they might have unintentionally alienated Aya's old friends and is doing the mature and attentive act of reaching out and practicing some of that communication thing.

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 7:13AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Next on Dynasty Forums: How deep into the "people complaining about people complaining about ..." loop can we go?

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

Kinda feels like there is no need to overanalyze or complain about side characters/development as they are generally well done and relatable.

The main leads and their interactions/relationship are super stiff and robotic as the author randomly and on a whim introduces and solves drama or important plot, even off screen. That is what readers should complain about in a character driven manga with almost no story to it.

I for one am happy that this manga might stop being "Koga is the best/coolest and everyone loves her" and "only Aya can feel angst and is the only one pushing their relationship".

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Next on Dynasty Forums: How deep into the "people complaining about people complaining about ..." loop can we go?

+1 for you and +2 for me I guess.

But honestly this is both in character from Koga (wanting to help Aya and giving up something she wants for it) and out. Like we already saw that she usually avoided drama and talking to people and really wants to go to the concert with her newfound friend. Idk

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She's just out there, proselytizing. Sometimes your personal goals have to stay behind in a quest for the betterment of humanity.

... but I'm disappointed she's not accidentally seductive here too. Would make it nicely confusing for everyone involved, and probably way funnier to read.

joined Jan 19, 2023

Noooo not the tickets for their concert date! T.T

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

This is indeed really in Koga and Aya characters and I like this had been shown before too, tho "auch" any way hahaha

Koga being bad at communication so choosing another ways and Aya.....Aya like last time choosing no to speak because she is angry and like last time too if she choose to comunicate, Koga is going to be in the step 5 of her plan hahaha

So in develoment of personality I think will give the win here to Koga; sure is not talking but she is reaching for communication in her way; Aya for the moment is Aya. Maybe is becausa Koga really passed some really bad times (sure Aya too but we saw more of Koga that time) and had a really good support in Narita.

And really want in the future to see chapters in which Koga is happy and we are in her point of view. In the "first part" sure, we see times like that but she still couldnt be 100% her and in the second part was all Aya hapinness but the moment angst appared it was again in Koga view, that hurt haha

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Looks like Chizuru is going to get introduced to Mitsuki's accidental seduction soon. I heard it's super effective on gyaru.

We might find her nodding along with Aya, saying, "Ah, I get it now."

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 9:00AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

With what little experience she has around social stuff, it 100% makes sense for Mitsuki to want to avoid conflict at all cost, even if it means self effacement. Let's see if Chizuru will be mature enough to recognise this and realize that taking the tickets won't make anything actually better in the end. That or as many people said, Mitsuki could turn on her accidental charm again and just break all of Chizuru's resentment that way :P

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 9:11AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Yes, that is definitely the essence of people who complain about "drama" constantly, on every single story.
I remember recently having a rant about this because my thought is it's based on things being episodic. Could you imagine in the middle of a novel or a movie, people needing to complain the second any drama happens? lol.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

With what little experience she has around social stuff, it 100% makes sense for Mitsuki to want to avoid conflict at all cost, even if it means self effacement. Let's see if Chizuru will be mature enough to recognise this and realize that taking the tickets won't make anything actually better in the end. That or as many people said, Mitsuki could turn on her accidental charm again and just break all of Chizuru's resentment that way :P

I'd really like it if Chizuru would realise from this gesture that she's throwing an irrational tantrum and refuses the ticket and instead apologises.
Sometimes all they need is to realise the other party is a good person and then feel bad about being jealous.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

... but I'm disappointed she's not accidentally seductive here too. Would make it nicely confusing for everyone involved, and probably way funnier to read.

Scene may not be done yet. There's still time for charisma nat 20.

To reply you must either login or sign up.