Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Notpaplika posted:

Why Mitsuki take off her glasses when reading on her phone?
presbyopia in her age?

When you're near sighted, you don't need glasses to read what's close to you. They might even be a hindrance.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's fine, we already learned in Girl Friends that you naturally spend less time with friends when you get into a relationship.

joined May 3, 2014

That's fine, we already learned in Girl Friends that you naturally spend less time with friends when you get into a relationship.

witch is actualy true? ain’t like getting into an relationship you magicaly make de day longer so you can spend the SAME ammount of time with your friends! plus some of use spend more time with friends because we aren’t in an relationship!

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Dang it, I hate this trope. Don't feel guilty over a brat's tantrum.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

and so it finally happened. first it was Aya being angsty, now it's Chizuru's turn for drama.

I figure there would be drama along the way for the concert dating arc. let's hope for higher ground for these two.

last edited at Jan 15, 2023 2:46PM

Alo
joined Jan 4, 2023

God, teens being dramatic like this is so true xD i love it!!!

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

i smell relationship development!

joined Sep 4, 2018

I'm trying my best to hope that this isn't one of those "they were never really your friends" instances. Mao definitely does not seem like a bad person, just caught between a rock and a hard place and caved to pressure.

Hopefully this doesn't drag on too long, Koga's been gloomy for so long, she deserves some happiness.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I'm trying my best to hope that this isn't one of those "they were never really your friends" instances. Mao definitely does not seem like a bad person, just caught between a rock and a hard place and caved to pressure.

Mao has definitely been set up to be a sympathetic character, so I expect her to mend fences soon. Chizuru is the question mark.

joined Sep 2, 2018

This is one of those series I wish I'd discovered after it was completed, instead of actively reading. I don't hold any negativity for how short each update is, the art style is very intensive and I prefer a lovingly crafted story any day, but I also HATE waiting a week at a time for tiny plot points!!!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Do you.guys really want nothing but the empty fluff we have gotten in recent chapters?
This is where the meat of the story is

joined Apr 5, 2015

presbyopia in her age?

Maybe she's just far sighted and finds them annoying when reading? It's a bit odd though.

She is probably near sighted (myopic). That is what the "near" means, you see just fine nearby, you only need glasses. It is not odd at all if that is the case. I am myopic and so is most of my family, we usually take our glasses to read, it is actually a bit uncomfortable with them. My mother was very advanced in her presbyopia before she started needing glasses even at short distances.

(also, removing glasses to read is the opposite of what you would expect of someone with presbyopia)

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Okay but how about Mitsuki's rare comfy face.

It shouldn't take much for Mao or Chizuru to connect the dots between Aya's strong feelings about music, Onii-san, and Mitsuki.

elusivebutthole
001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

the must be the part in the romcom manga when the aliens show up

elusivebutthole
joined Sep 11, 2021

elusivebutthole
joined Sep 11, 2021

joined May 10, 2015

It's a bit of a trope but it's so true of these school relationships, be it new friend groups or a partner.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I think Chizuru is moping around because in chapter 30 she realized how strongly Aya felt about music but she only really shares it with Mitsuki. In the same chapter, it looks like Aya imagined they'd be dismissive about rock/western music but they weren't really like that. Or if they weren't interested in it, they probably wanted Aya to be more open about her interests rather than hide it.

So she's salty because Aya shares this hidden side with Mitsuki and is now spending a lot of time with her. She is just insecure about their friendship but I reckon she'll get over it once they talk it over.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Do you.guys really want nothing but the empty fluff we have gotten in recent chapters?
This is where the meat of the story is

I don't view character bonding as they grow closer to each other in a relationship focused story as "pointless fluff". For me that IS the meat of a story like this, the drama is just an obstacle to be worked out so we can go back to the fun character bonding chapters.

joined Oct 15, 2019

presbyopia in her age?

Maybe she's just far sighted and finds them annoying when reading? It's a bit odd though.

She is probably near sighted (myopic). That is what the "near" means, you see just fine nearby, you only need glasses. It is not odd at all if that is the case. I am myopic and so is most of my family, we usually take our glasses to read, it is actually a bit uncomfortable with them. My mother was very advanced in her presbyopia before she started needing glasses even at short distances.

(also, removing glasses to read is the opposite of what you would expect of someone with presbyopia)

Personally I'm the same as her. I'm near-sighted and wear glasses practically everywhere except when reading because it's harder to focus and starts to hurt my eyes. It's too zoomed in, almost like being cross-eyed.

last edited at Jan 16, 2023 1:51AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Oh no, drama... T.T

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ah, drama. Knew it was coming...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Teenagers being teenagers. The moment Aya's friends learn who Onii-san is, it will be all wink wink nudge nudge whenever Aya talks to Mitsuki

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Teenagers being teenagers. The moment Aya's friends learn who Onii-san is, it will be all wink wink nudge nudge whenever Aya talks to Mitsuki

I don't know. Chizuru may not be on board with this. but I could be wrong.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

presbyopia in her age?

Could get dramatic if so. Next there'll be an Astigmatist showing up, and you know the Astigmatists are always having doctrinal wars with the Presbyopians.

To reply you must either login or sign up.