Forum › Posts by Seaneri

joined Nov 13, 2022

Here we go again. Building tension. Great, I love to see it. It's based on insecurities we already knew Mitsuki had and will potentially develop a few secondary characters and their relationship with Aya. I kinda have to wonder what their friendship is, really. We barely know anything other than Aya feeling her music taste doesn't fit. It will be nice to find out.

Hopefully this time it's brought to a conclusion instead of being skipped again. If we have another case where the resolution of the conflict is half-assed off screen, I'm out.

joined Nov 13, 2022

Being a 4-page manga, pacing is indeed an issue in this story, but I think that sometimes it is justified to just skip and give incomplete answers to the readers since the answers themselves are trivial. We know at the beginning of the chapter that they did not have a full conversation, because if they did, we’d get to see it. The author is simply skipping the boring parts and leaving it for flashbacks and assumptions which, given the format, is ok imo.

You can't seriously say that these answers are trivial.

The story is ignoring all the tension and conflict that had been building up for several chapters. Whatever conversation happened after Mitsuki asked the question would not only contain the answer to the question but also continuations to many other things: the fact that Mitsuki is a girl, the fact she pretended to be a guy, her reasons for doing so, the distance they kept from each other for a bit, why they care, etc. All of this was built up and none of it is resolved, addressed or developed simply by having us assume Aya said "yes".

Besides, even if we could make assumptions that answer all of these questions, why not show it? You came up with your own headcanon about what happened so even if we assume you're 100% right about the events, wouldn't you still want to see them? We've just been denied a major culmination of this story.

Imagine if in The Lion King, the story went from Simba looking uphill to see the wildebeest stampeding toward him to Simba having already left and we only learn through dialogue that Mufasa died and Scar took over.
This is what just happened in this story.

joined Nov 13, 2022

This latest chapter is funny and cute. No problem there.
But I'm very annoyed at something this series has been doing for a while and this is the worst instance of it yet.

What the hell happened between chapters?! This is astronomically unsatisfying.
Last we saw these two they were having a major moment in their relationship, a confrontation that had been a long time coming and should have been revelatory for both of them about what their feelings are, what their relationship is and will be, what they had been doing up to that point and potentially so much more.
Instead we skip to school?! And they're... chill? What is their relationship? Mitsuki asked a very direct question and I guess Aya just didn't answer? That must have been awkward... Was it? What was the dialogue between these two in the moment? We don't have definitive answers to any of these questions because it seems there is a mandatory time skip between all chapters. Either we get the important events in 4 pages or we just have to catch up and guess when the next 4 arrive.
This latest chapter should have been a direct continuation of the previous one. Even if the conversation had to conclude with "I don't have an answer yet" or something along the lines of that trope, we needed to see it happen.