Forum › A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days discussion

joined Mar 23, 2022

super excited for the amusement park part, best steamy scenes for me. also I hope manga version will include and show as well aya's point of view like in the novel, it will really explain everything on aya's side of story, she is really simping for marika.XD I really hope the novel will pick for english licensed, been wanting to have a hard copy of the novel. _. seven seas and yen press wheeeennn???

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Not sure how I feel about this chapter, on the one hand a big info dump that was supposed to paint Aya in a more sympathetic light, on the other hand a very, very rapey sex scene (though it was, admittedly, still hot) which makes me like her much less
I'm not trying to play moral police and say that Aya needs to be cancelled because she did bad, but still, the overall vibe I'm getting from this chapter is a person who's become more than a little messed up by something in the past, resulting in her now having very warped ideas about relationships and boundaries. So overall, really somebody more suited for therapy than any kind of romantic relationship...

joined Jul 11, 2022

super excited for the amusement park part

The first half of the last chapter was just released and they skipped the whole double-date and instead Marika just announces that Aya is now part of the group. They did keep the part where she comes out to her friends though. Really disappointing considering the effort Aya put into getting them to like her in the LN.
Since the title only really fits the events in the first volume and the sex gets more explicit later on, it doesn't make much sense to continue it on the app anyway. I do hope they plan on doing the rest somewhere else though.

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Not sure how I feel about this chapter, on the one hand a big info dump that was supposed to paint Aya in a more sympathetic light, on the other hand a very, very rapey sex scene (though it was, admittedly, still hot) which makes me like her much less
I'm not trying to play moral police and say that Aya needs to be cancelled because she did bad, but still, the overall vibe I'm getting from this chapter is a person who's become more than a little messed up by something in the past, resulting in her now having very warped ideas about relationships and boundaries. So overall, really somebody more suited for therapy than any kind of romantic relationship...

Was getting the same vibes. The rape aspect kills this series for me, which is a shame since it had a lot of potential.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Was getting the same vibes. The rape aspect kills this series for me, which is a shame since it had a lot of potential.

Me three.... I read some yuri recently that started with some abusive and ignorant ex-partners. And I got the same vibes as here. Like putting the blame on the other or assuming to know what the other feels better than they do. It's not really for me...

joined Apr 14, 2022

Me four, this would be one of my favourites if it didn't go the hentai route with the whole "rape is okay as long as she felt good in the end" schtick. It's especially annoying because in one of the first chapters Aya explicitly says "I'm not like those gross old geezers, I won't force you to do anything you're uncomfortable with" and then... does.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Nice to see that I may have not been overreacting with this chapter being too much for me.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Oof if I wasn't someone that's read 8 volumes of the LN i might have dropped this one with this chapter lol. It came off way more uncomfortable then It probably should have. The forcing Marika part was super yikes no means no even if she did end up getting worked up and got into it enough to even get Aya off.. I'm just gonna have to keep reminding myself where this entire thing ends up in the LNs lol.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

SHE'S NOT KAREN SAN!

Lol loved that, prise to the translators.

Talking about rape and the "it's okay if she feels good in the end trope".
Didn't like it. Made me unconfortable in the start but the inner dialogue made me overcome it.
Actually, according to the law it is not rape if the "victim" does not perceive it like that. But still very toxic behaviour, not a justification.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 10:11AM

joined Feb 16, 2018

This chapter needs a rape tag.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Based Arioto, this manga is amazing.

01'4
joined Dec 20, 2018

Whew that was quite much even as someone who's really just glossed over it before. Those tears in Marika's eyes hit pretty uncomfortably ... even if right after that low point Marika ended up wanting to pleasure Aya. Like wot? Now? Girl were those tears of tsundere gratitude she's finally touching you after all of 5 days and you want to repay the pleasure? I'm trying to take it as a moral degradation doujin plot but that specifically feels really inconsistent. Also Aya threw her boss under the bus there lol
Was really fun seeing Marika talk to her friends a bunch again though. Yume especially is wonderful and I have to wonder if they know anything more specific about Aya since those rumours were pretty spot-on

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

For all of those that are think "this scene it's a little too rapery" I am gonna say: in the LN is a lot more WORSE, because we can read what Marika is thinking.
But be safe, this is the only rapery scene in at least the first three volumes.
Kinda sad that Aya hates the idea of Marika doing her... So something like this can be seen just a little in like, two chapters in the next too. I pray for a full sex scene in some of the rest of Marika on top. Switch for life.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Oof if I wasn't someone that's read 8 volumes of the LN i might have dropped this one with this chapter lol. It came off way more uncomfortable then It probably should have. The forcing Marika part was super yikes no means no even if she did end up getting worked up and got into it enough to even get Aya off.. I'm just gonna have to keep reminding myself where this entire thing ends up in the LNs lol.

Mind spoiling it for me? Thanks :D

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Would like it if they would stop the weird forceful sex scenes cause it's just the mc refusing to confess her feelings and delaying it. Atleast it's not abusive type of sex scenes because those I immediately can't do lol

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I sincerely ask this not to be contentious with other people (because I found it pretty uncomfortable too), but to the people that were saying this scene was Rapey, how do you coincide that with her suddenly wanting to pleasure Aya?

To me, that gave me the perspective that it was all conflicted feelings, as opposed to just 'not wanting sex right now'. I see it as reinforcing what the end of the last chapter established: that she DOES want to get closer to Aya, beyond their little bet. It was her ego (and past words) working against her.

But clearly, interpretations are all different, so I'd like to know: if this scene is read as non-con, what would bring her intent (and her hand) to move like they did?

joined Apr 14, 2022

I sincerely ask this not to be contentious with other people (because I found it pretty uncomfortable too), but to the people that were saying this scene was Rapey, how do you coincide that with her suddenly wanting to pleasure Aya?

My two cents is that regardless of Marika's internally conflicted feelings, she told Aya in absolutely no uncertain terms that she didn't want to, and it's not Aya's position to attempt to read Marika's mind, let alone make the decision about her conflicted feelings for her. It is extremely not okay to initiate sex with someone who firmly, repeatedly says no on the off-chance they might get into it after the fact.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 1:02PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

That Marika is a brat and Aya is a brat tamer. I did this with my ex. The important thing in BDSM is to have a safe word, which they do mention in the light novel.

I wish that the scanlator could educate people like in the translator notes about brats and brat tamers.

Um, you're free to have whatever headcanon you like to justify enjoying noncon if it makes you feel better, but let's not make things up and then tell off the translators for not appending your headcanon to the release. This interpretation is entirely in your head. They never mention anything about safe words or BDSM at any point.

So much this. Even knowing that kind of dynamic exists, why ever assume that's what was intended to be portrayed there without prior mention of anything that alludes to it?

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Man, I found this chapter awful even though it had good parts. She just flat out raped her. She multiple times ignored her pleads for her to stop and she even said no, multiple times. Clearly she has never heard No, means No. Just switch one of the genders and imagine if Aya was a guy. People would want him crucificdd for holding her down and stripping her and rightfully so.

It just kills the chapter as I liked that we are getting more Aya now. We found out why she puts up walls, another character she has a history with that could get pretty funny in the next chapter and find out why she went to her house. If it didn't have the rape I would have really liked this chapter.

I'll be honest, I have forgotten most of the previous chapters as it has been so long since I read most of them and I am pretty sure most of them were probably pretty forceful but I can have some tolerance to a point if it's manga or if it's for outlandish gags like Gushing Over Magical Girls where there is fantastical stuff like magical girls. This though is just set in a normal world and I am pretty sure their relationship is meant to be nice as they will get together at the end so it really kills the relationship for me if one of the character's is forcing themselves on the other.

Also, on the note of she enjoyed it though. It's still not okay. Having those thoughts is even worse. Enjoying something does not mean you are okay with it. You could pleasure me while having a gun to my head and while yeah I might feelings of joy, that does not mean I am okay with a gun being pointed to my head. Pleasure is not consent.

I really do hope this doesn't continue. I swear if she rapes her again I will really be questioning what the author is thinking. Now though, if this does get brought up later and is actually a plot point and Aya will be called out for her disgusting behavior then I would be more fine with as I have yet to find a manga that does that he rape occurs (normally it is just brushed over as they enjoyed it so it's fine) and we could have a very interesting story. Highly doubt this will happen though.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'm not going to tell anyone how to feel about this chapter but as for me I've been excited to see this chapter in manga form and it didn't dissapoint.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

My two cents is that regardless of Marika's internally conflicted feelings, she told Aya in absolutely no uncertain terms that she didn't want to, and it's not Aya's position to attempt to read Marika's mind, let alone make the decision about her conflicted feelings for her. It is extremely not okay to initiate sex with someone who firmly, repeatedly says no on the off-chance they might get into it after the fact.

Very much this, but then there's also the fact that we're not sitting on the jury for a rape trial, but reading a story here. So rather than passing judgement on the people, it is more about looking at the story itself and in this context, I think it's especially bad that the story mixed what should have been an important moment (Marika becoming honest enough in her attraction to actively reciprocate sexually) with a beginning to the sex scene that is just by all means rape because until that point Aya has no way of knowing that Marika wants to have sex, quite the opposite with her repeatedly saying no and that she's scared, etc.

So my main problem with this is not even that Aya did a shitty thing (which she did), but that after a revelation that should make her more likeable she does this and thus essentially spoils what could otherwise have been a beautiful moment in this manga. In all honesty, that's just tonal inconsistency and bad writing in what is supposed to be a romance story

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Me four, this would be one of my favourites if it didn't go the hentai route with the whole "rape is okay as long as she felt good in the end" schtick. It's especially annoying because in one of the first chapters Aya explicitly says "I'm not like those gross old geezers, I won't force you to do anything you're uncomfortable with" and then... does.

Seems like me and the Author forgot she said that lol. Aya's a hypocrite now.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

That Marika is a brat and Aya is a brat tamer. I did this with my ex. The important thing in BDSM is to have a safe word, which they do mention in the light novel.

I wish that the scanlator could educate people like in the translator notes about brats and brat tamers.

Um, you're free to have whatever headcanon you like to justify enjoying noncon if it makes you feel better, but let's not make things up and then tell off the translators for not appending your headcanon to the release. This interpretation is entirely in your head. They never mention anything about safe words or BDSM at any point.

Partial spoiler from the LN:
They actually do go into talking about using a safe word a little later on in the story. It's not a headcannon, Marika is an actual brat and Fuwa is well aware of how far she can push Marika in bed.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 3:39PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Very much this, but then there's also the fact that we're not sitting on the jury for a rape trial, but reading a story here. So rather than passing judgement on the people, it is more about looking at the story itself and in this context, I think it's especially bad that the story mixed what should have been an important moment (Marika becoming honest enough in her attraction to actively reciprocate sexually) with a beginning to the sex scene that is just by all means rape because until that point Aya has no way of knowing that Marika wants to have sex, quite the opposite with her repeatedly saying no and that she's scared, etc.

So my main problem with this is not even that Aya did a shitty thing (which she did), but that after a revelation that should make her more likeable she does this and thus essentially spoils what could otherwise have been a beautiful moment in this manga. In all honesty, that's just tonal inconsistency and bad writing in what is supposed to be a romance story

It's all straight from the LNs, this is how it plays out. Luckily, there are no other rapey scenes in the 3 volumes I've read, but even one is enough.

The issue here isn't even that Aya did this. It's that there is no commentary from the author. It wouldn't be the first relationship that has had a terrible moment that can be salvaged, but it's treated both in the manga and the LNs as just another event between them. I'm not asking for moralizing from author, but some kind of acknowledgement that that was really fucked up.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Partial spoiler from the LN:
They actually do go into talking about using a safe word a little later on in the story. It's not a headcannon, Marika is an actual brat and Fuwa is well aware of how far she can push Marika in bed.

They do, but that's after this moment so it doesn't matter. You can't give consent after the fact.

To reply you must either login or sign up.