Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

3818_1775681535988481_4988113658273068935_n
joined Jun 15, 2016

OH NO SHE KNOWS
THE ABSENCE OF ANY OBVIOUS BLUSHING OR HAPPY-GAY SPARKLES IS MAKING THIS VERY DIFFICULT TO PARSE ON WHETHER IT'S A GOOD REVELATION (for her) OR NOT
I'M SO STRESSED OUT

Or she think Onii-san send it to Koga and is his GF.

I second this. Aya is kind of an airhead she'll definitely think Mitsuki is Oniisan's GF

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 7:43AM

joined Mar 19, 2022

I would prefer getting a really angsty identity crisis while she deals with the fact that she's in love with another girl and what that means about her.

joined Aug 8, 2021

I think Aya mistaking her for being "oni-san's boyfriend" would be unlikely. If it were true, then the moments when Arai Sumiko puts oni-san and mitsuki side-by-side, and Aya getting this "she looks/feels just like oni-san moments" would be for nothing; it wouldn't be also in-line with how Aya was perplexed/frozen in place in Chap17. Also, I think the author is aiming for a "Oh no, I'm a girl and I like a girl" rather than a "the person I like has a gf" crisis/plot.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I would prefer getting a really angsty identity crisis while she deals with the fact that she's in love with another girl and what that means about her.

I don't think they should go down the love route yet. So far she has a crush on how cool Onii-san is but doesn't really know him. Finding out that he's Koga could go one of two ways. One being them just ending up friends that talk about music and the other them becoming lovers. The issue with the second option, at least for me, is that I don't think she's in that deep in love with Onii-san that she'd have to question her sexuality. If anything it'd just make her act differently around Koga at the store and in a more friendly way. Then as time goes on she falls for Koga and not Onii-san.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

OH NO SHE KNOWS
THE ABSENCE OF ANY OBVIOUS BLUSHING OR HAPPY-GAY SPARKLES IS MAKING THIS VERY DIFFICULT TO PARSE ON WHETHER IT'S A GOOD REVELATION (for her) OR NOT
I'M SO STRESSED OUT

Or she think Onii-san send it to Koga and is his GF.

I second this. Aya is kind of an airhead she'll definitely think Mitsuki is Oniisan's GF

I feel like it could also be that she feels like there is no hope for the relationship now that "he" is a girl. Or perhaps she feels that the person she had a crush on doesn't actually exist

Once she gets over the initial despair, she might be open to starting some sort of relationship with Koga but I think she needs some recovery first

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

The day Aya finally realised that Onii-san has a twin sister xDDD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kirin-kun posted:

By the way, I don't translate the title of the chapters, even though Agu gives them titles, because Amarrez never did, but in this instance, the title has significance.

This chapter has the serie's title on twitter: 気になってた人が男じゃなかった

Which, in this instance, means "The Guy I Was Interested in Wasn’t a Guy"

So, Agu tells us that Aya indeed realized that Onii-san and Koga are one and the same.

No need to search for other interpretations.

And yet, people are still speculating xD

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

By the way, I don't translate the title of the chapters, even though Agu gives them titles, because Amarrez never did, but in this instance, the title has significance.

So, Agu tells us that Aya indeed realized that Onii-san and Koga are one and the same.

oh i am SO glad to hear that~

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kirin-kun posted:

And yet, people are still speculating xD

tbf it was the last message of the page so people probably didn't see it

joined Feb 2, 2021

She figured it out. The translator also confirmed it. I really wonder where it goes from here.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

everyone: "you've connected the two dots! you've connected them!"
aya: "i haven't connected shit"

i retract my previous statement

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

IT'S GETTIN SERIOUS

Stingray
joined Dec 4, 2020

It's about time! The premise of this manga hangs on a misunderstanding, but you can't milk that for too long without it getting annoying. It has been good so far, but it's time this story comes to a conclusion already.

joined Mar 23, 2022

OMG!!!IT'S ABOUT FRICKINGG TIME BISHESSSS, LET'S HOPE FOR THE BEST!

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

So now that she knows her oniisan is a girl, she has fallen into despair. Thankfully, I trust this author not to speedrun the relationship at this point

I feel like I'd be fine if they just slowly made up and became friends. It has the potential to be such a nice relationship regardless of how far it goes

joined May 1, 2015

I am glad for the clarification.
Well let's see how it goes from here.
They can definitely start by being friends with similar hobbies.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'll be sooo vindicated if it ends in friendship.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

This opens up multiple potential roads story wise, I'm real curious the see where we're being taken with this revelation. The author already said that this series isn't specifically tied to the Yuri genre, so a non romantic outcome is definitely a possibility. Personally, I'd really like to see the Aya go on a bit of a self discovery journey about her own sexuality, you very rarely see stuff like that treated realistically in manga form. In any case, I'll be reading, whatever happens :O

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 9:02AM

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Im going to die

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Surprise!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'll be sooo vindicated if it ends in friendship.

That works for Oosawa, but doesn’t that mean Mitsuki gets friend-zoned?

She seems to like Oosawa that way, after all.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Chapter 19 released Aug 28 Bullying

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

I’m thinking oosawa isn’t going to confront mitsuki about this right away. She is either going to distance herself complete or she will interact with both male and female versions to slowly piece together in her mind that they are the same person. Either way I’m excited for some oosawa introspective! We obviously know that mitsuki likes oosawa romantically but that’s only because oosawa is interested in her (when she’s a him). If it wasn’t for that these two would have never interacted despite sitting next to each other and sharing music tastes. That being said I wouldn’t be surprised if this leads to friendship and eventual mutual feelings between oosawa and girl mitsuki

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

Oh my God! Thanks for the clarification Kirin-kun.
This chapter!!! I hate seeing Oosawa sad, but knew it was inevitable. That's why I read these. Hopefully Mitsuki can find her and help her feel better ;~;
I think next chapter will be more sadness as Oosawa thinks about this alone, but after that maybe? I'm hopeful these gays will figure things out together.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

So now that she knows her oniisan is a girl, she has fallen into despair. Thankfully, I trust this author not to speedrun the relationship at this point

I feel like I'd be fine if they just slowly made up and became friends. It has the potential to be such a nice relationship regardless of how far it goes

I agree. I don't want it to go the "he's a girl so that must mean I'm gay" route, since that would be unrealistic. Instead it should start with them being friends and her learning to love Koga for who she is instead of who she thought she was.

To reply you must either login or sign up.