Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

Ahh, the pain in Aya's eyes with the new chapter has me feeling sad :( I have no idea how she is going to handle this ;___;

I hope that we do not experience the unrequited love storyline. At first, we watch Aya become infatuated with CD Shop Mitsuki, who kind of plays along without thinking much of it (only trying to figure how to come clean to Aya). Now, it appears as though Mitsuki has gotten attached to Aya since they have interacted more, and I think this helped resolve some of Mitsuki's loneliness. But when she says, "Have you been looking forward to it that much?" Aya comes to some realization that something is up, and you can see from the expression on her face. She is putting something cognitively together and is...perplexed.

I think it has been another interesting parallel in regards to this chapter because we see Mitsuki excited and happy to see that Aya wants to talk about music with her. Since she leaves the classroom happy while Aya is confused... while in chapter 3 with Mitsuki letting Aya borrow her CD which leaves Aya happy and Mitsuki perplexed about what she is doing.

Feelings are definitely going to be hurt. But I feel like it's not gonna be unrequited love and maybe exploring feelings one experiences at a young age like other hetero love stories. I have faith in Arai Sumiko bc their other stories are A1! We deserve a cute mutual wlw love story!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Se cayó la estantería.

Also, message number 1500, yo!

Un comentário en español? Qué??

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Ahh, the pain in Aya's eyes with the new chapter has me feeling sad :( I have no idea how she is going to handle this ;___;

I hope that we do not experience the unrequited love storyline. At first, we watch Aya become infatuated with CD Shop Mitsuki, who kind of plays along without thinking much of it (only trying to figure how to come clean to Aya). Now, it appears as though Mitsuki has gotten attached to Aya since they have interacted more, and I think this helped resolve some of Mitsuki's loneliness. But when she says, "Have you been looking forward to it that much?" Aya comes to some realization that something is up, and you can see from the expression on her face. She is putting something cognitively together and is...perplexed.

I think it has been another interesting parallel in regards to this chapter because we see Mitsuki excited and happy to see that Aya wants to talk about music with her. Since she leaves the classroom happy while Aya is confused... while in chapter 3 with Mitsuki letting Aya borrow her CD which leaves Aya happy and Mitsuki perplexed about what she is doing.

Feelings are definitely going to be hurt. But I feel like it's not gonna be unrequited love and maybe exploring feelings one experiences at a young age like other hetero love stories. I have faith in Arai Sumiko bc their other stories are A1! We deserve a cute mutual wlw love story!

Good observation on the juxtaposition imagery. I noticed Sumiko uses juxtaposition between Aya and Mitsuki (the kabedon, grazing hands). Now feelings might be reversed? Curious to see where this goes. I feel like the story can go in so many directions.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you Matoboo, now we can see that she can see her ear clearly and the holes for piercings too

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Thank you Matoboo, now we can see that she can see her ear clearly and the holes for piercings too

Didn’t even notice this! Good catch

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Mitsuki also used the line "have you been looking forward to it that much?“ in Chapter 2 when talking to Aya in the CD store.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Astraea Hill posted:

Mitsuki also used the line "have you been looking forward to it that much?“ in Chapter 2 when talking to Aya in the CD store.

Yup, basically she has every proof

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I’m a bit worried she doesn’t look very impressed

If Aya is indeed realizing they're the same person based on that last panel, she'd definitely be conflicted--she might even think Mitsuki was trying to toy with her feelings and that sucks. But there hasn't been any drama so far so...

joined Aug 14, 2022

im excited for how the reveal is going to be. aya is for sure going to be struggling with her comphet and attraction to girls afterwards because as we saw in the character bios she did not seem interested in boys at all. looking forward to every sunday because of this manga

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

She used the same phrase from chapter two! I think aya has finally figured it out!!! So excited.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Se cayó la estantería.

Also, message number 1500, yo!

Un comentario en español? Qué??

Hay muchos hispanohablantes en este foro.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

SHE CAN NO LONGER HIDE FROM THE GAY

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

SHE CAN NO LONGER HIDE FROM THE GAY

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

the boulder has conflicted feelings

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

God the visual fucking language is so GOOD.

But what's the song in the background.

If you like Pina Coladas or turn arounddd briighttt eyes

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Aya's right. talking about music sounds better with Mitsuki. but at the same time, her name is Koga

last edited at Aug 14, 2022 7:07PM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Oh no. Those eyes. Girls I think she KNOWS.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

everyone: "you've connected the two dots! you've connected them!"
aya: "i haven't connected shit"

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

^Hahah oh my god

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Ya boi inserting himself as wingman xD

joined Feb 22, 2018

And when she originally said it, it put Aya into a swoon. One page after resolving to clear up Aya's confusion about her identity and gender.

joined Jan 3, 2022

Why’d she look at her like that? Is she now realizing how similar she is to that dude? About time…

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This right here.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

she's definitely getting suspicious because Koga said that exact line in the earlier chapters

also, that guy is a pretty good wingman, he moves fast

last edited at Aug 15, 2022 5:17AM

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

God the visual fucking language is so GOOD.

But what's the song in the background.

If you like Pina Coladas or turn arounddd briighttt eyes

The songs you just suggested would be 'The Pina Colada Song' by Rupert Holmes and 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' by Bonnie Tyler.

To reply you must either login or sign up.