Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At this point, Tongtong's mom needs to take a verbal sledgehammer and bring it down on Lin Luxi's mom's thick skull.

Like, just tell her their daughters are going out, you support them no matter what and if she doesn't want to alienate literally everyone in her life (seeing how things are going with her husband) she'd better cut it out with the goddamn homophobia.

Unfortunately, that is not how bigoted minds work. The more you push against bigotry, the more it is reinforced and entrenched. The way to do it is actually the way Tongtong's mom is already doing it -- asking questions and slowly making the person realize how dumb and self-defeating their bigotry actually is. And unfortunately, while this method is good on the individual level, it requires too much time and effort to scale well. :(

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 4:32AM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

"caught the homosexual disease" lmao I can't

tongtong's mom is mvp as always though, and I hope she gets the man she deserves before this is over

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Tongtong's mom has a very tough job ahead of her... It is actually not at all uncommon for gays and lesbians in China to move to a different city, live as openly gay there but never have their parents know or acknowledge it because homophobia and the expectation to marry heterosexually is so deep-rooted that, combined with the Confucian obligation to honour your parents, a life of lies is the only viable option. Quite sad, really. (and yes, this exists in other countries as well, just pointed out China specifically because it's quite common and this story is set there)

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

"caught the homosexual bug"

You're about to catch the homosexual axe. It's mine, my axe.

you have my axe

And my fists

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I love Tongtong's mom, but I don't know why I ever expected her plan to not be stupid.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I love Tongtong's mom, but I don't know why I ever expected her plan to not be stupid.

I can't overstate just how sure she was of her plan too. The woman had literally been calling Luxi's mom for 400 days.

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 12:54PM

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Tongtong’s mother being A* classical girlboss that checks all the vibes checks as always

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Sees Daughter kiss another girl, still think homosexuality is a disease. Oh boy we are in for a ride.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm glad this is a romcom because that mom is tragedy material right there.

Oip%20(1)
joined Mar 22, 2022

I ship their moms

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

The panels going from her mom being in denial of her being gay to the 2 of them making out in the classroom lmao

Noobgaymerjooj
Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Oh damn her mom is really homophobic then, that sucks :/ I wonder how everything will turn out

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Gives that strong Hong Kong Summer 1986 vibe

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Looks like there's a physical release from the author in the works
https://weibo.com/5674319433/LzM5XhcsZ

last edited at Jun 29, 2022 5:30PM

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

Sucks that it ended so soon, and so awkwardly, definitely hope to see more.
Would be incredibly funny if Luxi joins the Communist Party in part 2.

Thinkamen
joined Oct 26, 2018

I loved every page of this series a lot and I'll be looking forward to future works from this author, but what the FUCK was that ending

joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, that kinda fizzled out...

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

So sad it ended but I hope they continue the series and add the one shots on here!

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The silver lining is that the author confirmed they ended it on their own terms and a part two COULD be made

Hopefully their next work has a sweeter end

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Well that was a fun time reading this series, no it didn't end strong but I bet the extras will make up for it. Thank you translators, you guys are awesome.

Smirk
joined Oct 6, 2021

What????????? That's it?????? I was always so excited to read new chapters of this, can't believe it just ends like that...

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Love this series, but that ending came with some serious whiplash. Like, we're still in the middle of the problems with Lin Luxi's mom and then boom, it's over.

Anyway, all up for part two where Comrade Lin Luxi rises steadily through the ranks of the Communist Party on her way to dominate the central committee and rule over the country with an iron fist.

Also am a little disappointed at the credits page, I wish it would have been more serious. 5/7

joined Feb 10, 2022

That was an abrupt axe there. It was a good story but anyway

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

hope the author brings lots of stuff^^ also, if the furry thing is true, me need

joined Jan 11, 2022

That was probably the roughest ending I have yet to experience (outside of axed series). I really enjoyed the story so much, though!

Thank you to the scanlators, you're all very epic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.