Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

This just reads like the comment was made for entertainment. I don't know if there are ones that claiming otherwise and clinging to their headcanons. People could be offering these as a way to explain off their discomfort or because they feel the story will be more compelling this way who really knows.

EDIT: They could also be explaining out of disbelief? Like the story is too unrealistic so are trying to apply real world scenario they find more likely/believable than a 10 year old having the body of 22 year old lingerie model.

It's their own fault for just going with a gut feeling. Someone like Mai existing is more plausible than some weird alien space brain time travel dilation movie plot, it's just that this condition can cause health problems, if the excessive growth is not halted somehow. It happens when there is some kind of abnormality in pituitary gland, which handles production of growth hormone. Here's 11-year old boy with gigantism, next to his friends.

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/11-year-old-gentle-giant-battles-rare-tumor-causing-gigantism-482283821.html

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 5:42PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

new loli rival approaching!!

joined Mar 23, 2022

thank you soooo much for the new chap!!

joined Mar 21, 2017

It's a gag manga in which some tropes are flipped.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I hope the new girl doesn't bring a lot of drama with her...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Plot twist, that's her mother

joined Aug 29, 2019

If it weren't for the Randoseru I could totally see that happening.
Even so it's not entirely off the table.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Lol, wish it was.
Don't know about backstroke but Mai-chans breast stroke is magnificent.

last edited at Jul 19, 2022 11:17PM

KenshiroEverydayLifeIsFun
joined Dec 22, 2021

I think people are taking too seriously what is supposed to be a gag. Mai is a child, Mai looks like an adult, Mai is unintentionally saying or doing something that flusters Tae.That's pretty much it.

Seriously. People need to relax.

joined Mar 8, 2019

It's their own fault for just going with a gut feeling. Someone like Mai existing is more plausible than some weird alien space brain time travel dilation movie plot, it's just that this condition can cause health problems, if the excessive growth is not halted somehow. It happens when there is some kind of abnormality in pituitary gland, which handles production of growth hormone. Here's 11-year old boy with gigantism, next to his friends.

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/11-year-old-gentle-giant-battles-rare-tumor-causing-gigantism-482283821.html

So someone should be called out if they demonstrate a different mindset when they’re just having harmless fun? Or if it is hurtful, what about it so bothersome? -not sarcasm I genuinely want to know.

I guess it reads like some of the opposition isn’t coming from a “I don’t think this is a joke” or “your joke is not funny.” Or “your idea/opinion is different than mine” and more of a “you’re so wrong because I’m the only one who is right.” mindset that I understand…. It’s just a little strange to see that type of seriousness on this particular thread when the subject matter itself is a so far lighthearted out of the box lewd romantic comedy? Then again who I am to determine how people should react.

And yes, the “older/younger than she looks” trope can happen in real life. But it’s not just about her looks but also Mai maybe acting “flirty” for a 10 year old that needs to be explained/poked fun at by some.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

I wonder if that girl at the end is going to be an antagonist...

joined Mar 8, 2019

Also… the plot shall thicken? Is the new girl meant to be a rival? If so, who would she be after? Mai or Tae?

Mai makes more sense but I’m sort of hoping it’ll be Tae….

joined Mar 21, 2016

I think the secret will be - she was in a coma for 10 years; is still in school, but technically 22 or something. Even if it's a manga - without a giant time leap, I can't really root for them. And the girl is way to physically developed to be a child. And her looks make me blush. Even mentally sometimes she seems the eldest.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I am rooting for Mai/Tae come what may, regardless of how they work it out. Some things are meant to be.

As for new girl: into each Citrus, some Matsuri must fall.

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 2:07AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Now watch the new girl be actually 70...

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I know Hitomi does things "behind the scene", but it is always someone else mentions what she does. She really looks younger than a fourth grader, looks more like a kindergartener. In fact, I am not even sure if she has ever spoken a single sentence so far. There are several places, like this chapter, that the bubble could be come from her, but it is vague and could be from another characters. Can anyone check?

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

okay new girl,i have a question for you:how old are you and who are you?

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 6:48AM

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Okay here's a certified Lily Prediction:

New girl has the wrong idea and thinks that Tae needs to be saved from Mai.

And honestly, all this talk about time/coma/whatever shenanigans is kinda dumb. Like. I'm not gonna lie, it feels like y'all are grasping way too hard for outlandish explanations when the intention's pretty clearly "what if the adult looked like the child and vice versa! how wacky!"

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Okay here's a certified Lily Prediction:

New girl has the wrong idea and thinks that Tae needs to be saved from Mai.

And honestly, all this talk about time/coma/whatever shenanigans is kinda dumb. Like. I'm not gonna lie, it feels like y'all are grasping way too hard for outlandish explanations when the intention's pretty clearly "what if the adult looked like the child and vice versa! how wacky!"

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

And honestly, all this talk about time/coma/whatever shenanigans is kinda dumb.

I don't think anyone appreciates their ideas being called "dumb," especially when it's harmless speculation on a fictional story. If people can't be civil here, I don't think I want to engage in discussions on this site. I've already seen this sort of thing devolve into personal attacks that resulted in one person being temporarily banned and another warned.

You can have all the reasoning in the world to support your point of view, but it will all fall on deaf ears if you present it in a combative, condescending way.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, there's realistic speculation, and then there's being objectively wrong. If all we had to go by were Mai's words, sure, you could still somehow explain things away, but once we have official confirmation of her age outside the story itself, the theories just don't fit the factual reality of the story.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, there's realistic speculation, and then there's being objectively wrong. If all we had to go by were Mai's words, sure, you could still somehow explain things away, but once we have official confirmation of her age outside the story itself, the theories just don't fit the factual reality of the story.

I had forgotten about that, but I realize now that it was affecting my attitude toward the various speculations all along—Mai is 10 [now 11].

Whatever you want to say about the story, the stream of discourse has to flow around that immovable factual rock—Mai was 10, now she’s 11.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I predict they will get a marriage certificate in Shibuya, and Mai-chan will be the coolest girl in her whole school!

It's not every 5th grader that can marry a 23-year-old beauty.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oooohhh great. She's not just a potential rival... She's a snobby, lil, rich kid potential rival. I can already tell she's gonna be annoying to deal with (both for us readers and the main characters xD)

last edited at Jul 25, 2022 1:23PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Oooohhh great. She's not just a potential rival... She's a snobby, lil, rich kid potential rival. I can already tell she's gonna be annoying to deal with (both for us readers and the main characters xD)

Oh no... SHE IS RICH!

To reply you must either login or sign up.