Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I'd like to point out that the VS went into full kernel panic mode when Yvonne attempt to reciprocate Elsa's affections, but not when Elsa initiated and carried them out all on her own, therefre the VS apparently cannot interfere with Elsa's agency, only with Yvonne's. Yvonne and a lot of readers seem to view Elsa as a fragile flower who needs to be protected from the evil VS, but from the video game logic perspective, she is still the player character around whom the whole game revolves, and that makes her the dominant factor in everything that happens, and you gotta respect that.

Damn very sharp observation and interesting hypothesis! So it seems that Yvonne has to be the bottom to actually be with Elsa huh.. I absolutely love if this is going to be the development hehe.. Always nice when the bottoms are the true tops.. Well honestly I think Yvonne would be a power bottom, but since all her initiatives were only really forced by the system, and deep inside she's a pretty kind and gentle soul.. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the bottom, I'd absolutely love if Elsa is actually the top, Praise be small tops tall bottoms!!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

So, is the angst arc really over now?

joined Mar 25, 2021

So, is the angst arc really over now?

Probably, but remember, an arc is one in many..

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'd like to point out that the VS went into full kernel panic mode when Yvonne attempt to reciprocate Elsa's affections, but not when Elsa initiated and carried them out all on her own, therefre the VS apparently cannot interfere with Elsa's agency, only with Yvonne's. Yvonne and a lot of readers seem to view Elsa as a fragile flower who needs to be protected from the evil VS, but from the video game logic perspective, she is still the player character around whom the whole game revolves, and that makes her the dominant factor in everything that happens, and you gotta respect that.

Damn very sharp observation and interesting hypothesis! So it seems that Yvonne has to be the bottom to actually be with Elsa huh.. I absolutely love if this is going to be the development hehe.. Always nice when the bottoms are the true tops.. Well honestly I think Yvonne would be a power bottom, but since all her initiatives were only really forced by the system, and deep inside she's a pretty kind and gentle soul.. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the bottom, I'd absolutely love if Elsa is actually the top, Praise be small tops tall bottoms!!

Another thing some readers forget about Elsa (and which Yvonne never saw) is that she is fuckin' hardass and is not to be messed with. It is not a coincidence, either, that she is reintroduced in the latest chapter casually using her magic to protect Yvonne (without harming the bugs, no less). Elsa is much tougher than she's given credit for. In fact, the only time we've ever seen her in real danger was when she was subjected to massive psychic assault by a supernatural entity ("mare") that caught her completely unaware and when, a bit later, she was so weakened by said assault, it left her completely at Yvonne's mercy. And even that event appears to have been some kind of one-off glitch in the game, as nothing like it has ever happened in the original storyline, and Elsa still kept fighting it to the bitter end.

tl;dr Elsa may not necessarily be a top, but she is a fighter.

last edited at Jun 19, 2022 8:37AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Can't play "hard to get" when she's looking like a lost puppy... ^_^

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

God that kiss was smooth.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... well this chapter doesn't do a very good job of convincing me that the basic premise of the story isn't dumb, because as many people already pointed out, they just simply ignored the problem :P Maybe it's for the best.

joined Jul 19, 2011

The underlying problem is a tonal one. The VS bullying premise is all about drama and character suffering, but the rest of the story wants to be a fluffy, slightly comedic romance.

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

I doubt that they're fully out of the gutters, as a lot of people are suggesting. As Elsa becomes more aggressive, Yvonne will feel more and more conflicted, and come into increasing conflict with the System and Elsa. Eventually, something will break. Just... not now. Not yet.

24fefbf6-c8f2-4310-a894-1da6fbb33cec
joined May 8, 2020

Yes! THANK YOUUUUUUU, wholesome content

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Yvonne Puppy mode is so cute
glad Elsa understand her

also,i bet the system will made her do something awful again....i don't know how she will deal with it...

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Elsa used Neglect Play. It's super effective!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Dinnae worry: I'll detest you for her. I love the "descend" sound effect.

AnonymousInput
joined Jun 20, 2022

Yknow I really like this series. The way they capture emotion is rather top-notch. Other series often have a forced or over-the-top feel to them.

Strangely, this series feels rather down-to-earth in a way. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it has to do with the well-done visual portrayal of emotions and the lack of pervasive drama or angst from scene to scene.

Which leads me to my next point:

The drama is really getting to be troublesome to me. Simply because of how it's entirely driven by Yvonne's ineptitude.

Surely, there is SOME way to communicate to Elsa about ANY of this. Yvonne, could, perhaps make a fitting analogy utilizing the idea of curses or some other substitution in order to tip-toe around the true reality of it. You cannot tell me that in a FANTASY world, full of MAGIC, that it would be entirely unbelievable. I doubt the rules of magic to be so strict that some unknown or bizarre quality or permutation of it is completely unthinkable. NOR would I think that Elsa - poor, love-struck Elsa - would be incapable of believing her even if it were so inconceivable. Barring all such critique along those lines, at the very LEAST, Yvonne should at least be able to give breadcrumbs or clues as to her lack of will or want in the matter. Worse comes to shove, they could, although morally dubious, blame it on an 'ailment of the mind' or something similar.

Instead, Elsa, with her love-addled brain, has come to the foolish conclusion that this is some form of 'nice bullying' that Yvonne undertakes for literally no reason whatsoever (Remember: Elsa still thinks her obvious infatuation isn't getting through to Yvonne properly. Which means in her mind, this isn't intentionally romantic and/or kinky). Furthermore, since Yvonne's reputation has been utterly obliterated due to her banishment, this, analyzed by any rational mind, cannot be explained by the classic I-bully-to-uphold-my-reputation trope.

Clearly, of course, Elsa isn't in her rational state of mind. Worse still, Yvonne hasn't done anything to correct or at the very least deny this conclusion of bullying without a cause or 'I bully you to show I care'.

Unsurprisingly, the main conflict is driven by a lack of proper communication. Typical.

And, under normal fluff or light drama circumstances, this wouldn't really matter.

.. Except the system has asked her to let Elsa commit suicide or even PUSH HER OFF THE DAMN BUILDING and has now spurred Yvonne into wounding Elsa.

The full extent to which and the circumstances that surround it we are not privy to.. for... I dunno, dramatic tension? Regardless, the implication is clear.

Elsa thinks this injury should be filed under the rest of Yvonne's 'bullying'.

What. W h a t. What the fuck?

Yvonne's response?: "Ooooohh I'm a horrible person Elsa! Etc etc." - sounding uncannily like stereotypical overblown negative self-image rhetoric. The kind most associated with people who have some sort of unsubstantiated insecurity with themselves. Which is clearly not the case here, since the Yvonne is NOT handling this well and has plenty of evidence for them to draw upon.

This takes the bite out of Yvonne's plead to Elsa for me. If I were trying to get someone to avoid me, or even just show caution, I would at least try to employ SOME kind of reasoning for it that didn't sound like it were simply some extension of a spiraling negative thought-pattern I was stuck in. Then again, maybe I'm just a weirdo in that way. And, certainly, Yvonne's mental state at that time didn't help.

Regardless, much more attention should've been put on how horrifyingly ok Elsa seemed to be with the possibility of this being a recurring event. Like, NO. That's NOT ok. And you should never think that your well-being is disposable and is ok being at the mercy of somebody's whims? Love-interest or not?

In that way, at least, I felt like the transition from the angst back into the wholesome was rather jarring and unnatural. There was no real change made, which should have been necessary for this to be put behind them. They both kinda just.. defaulted back to their original dispositions by the end of chapter 34.

Quite disappointing since it makes the conflict here feel pointless - like it served no real purpose other than solidifying the threat of the system and affirming it was still active.

I still really like this series, but this drama is really tiring for me. I should be used to this sort of thing by now, given how stereotypical the drive behind the conflict being miscommunication is. But, for the same reasons I like this story - the capture of emotion and down-to-earth vibes -, my aggravation has been made anew.

last edited at Jun 23, 2022 4:31PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

@AnonymousInput: Good post. I appreciate a long, well-explained review of the story. But you keep saying "Evie" for Elsa, which kind of makes a mess of your arguments.

Yvonne and Evie are the same person. "Evie" is Yvonne's nick. The pink-haired darling angel who is Yvonne's one and only love interest (whether she admits it or not) is named Elsa.

AnonymousInput
joined Jun 20, 2022

@AnonymousInput: Good post. I appreciate a long, well-explained review of the story. But you keep saying "Evie" for Elsa, which kind of makes a mess of your arguments.

Yvonne and Evie are the same person. "Evie" is Yvonne's nick. The pink-haired darling angel who is Yvonne's one and only love interest (whether she admits it or not) is named Elsa.

OOPS. Thanks, I am notorious for being bad at names!

It's fixed now.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Surely, there is SOME way to communicate to Elsa about ANY of this. Yvonne, could, perhaps make a fitting analogy utilizing the idea of curses or some other substitution in order to tip-toe around the true reality of it. You cannot tell me that in a FANTASY world, full of MAGIC, that it would be entirely unbelievable. I doubt the rules of magic to be so strict that some unknown or bizarre quality or permutation of it is completely unthinkable. NOR would I think that Elsa - poor, love-struck Elsa - would be incapable of believing her even if it were so inconceivable. Barring all such critique along those lines, at the very LEAST, Yvonne should at least be able to give breadcrumbs or clues as to her lack of will or want in the matter. Worse comes to shove, they could, although morally dubious, blame it on an 'ailment of the mind' or something similar.

I have said the same thing a few weeks back: Yvonne can frame the VS as the same kind of "mare" that possessed Elsa in the first chapter, which Elsa had absolutely no trouble believing in, meaning supernatural entities that control people are fully plausible in this setting. The only open question is whether the VS will allow Yvonne to communicate its existence to the heroine even in such a roundabout manner. If it goes into kernel panic mode at this, I think the only way for Yvonne to reveal the truth to Elsa is for the latter to make use of her heroine's powers somehow to override the VS's authority.

fsadddfsa Uploader
Collectible_dark_prince's_crown_icon
goon squad
joined Apr 11, 2021

visible confusion

joined Mar 25, 2021

Bet the teacher misunderstands her and think Elsa is an M and she's a sadist (I mean that part on Elsa probably isn't wrong and Evie's probably a sadist deep within her heart, so not really wrong)

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

Bet the teacher misunderstands her and think Elsa is an M and she's a sadist (I mean that part on Elsa probably isn't wrong and Evie's probably a sadist deep within her heart, so not really wrong)

I double this statement, this is definitely how it'll go if Evie doesn't make things clear and explain it vaguely instead.

joined Jun 5, 2018

That's exactly what someone who bullies would say- wait, huh?

72284215_p0_master1200%20(2)
joined Dec 27, 2021

Oh goddammit all, Yvonne, couldn't you have told a little white lie? You know, to put your teacher at ease?

I think this is Yvonne asking Yuna for help because she wants someone to stop her, even if it doesn't help.
The angst seems to be continuing

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 3:10AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I think this is Yvonne asking Yuna for help because she wants someone to stop her, even if it doesn't help.

Yeah, that's kinda how I saw it too.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

what if the solution will be, that they do sm stuff and trick the system into thinking that it counts.

last edited at Jun 26, 2022 5:03AM

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

To be fair, it’s understandable why the angst is being done the way it is. It’s way too early in the story for the major conflicts such as Yvonne’s villain system based inner turmoils and Elsa’s blatant neglect of her safety and well-being for what can sometimes seem borderline like an unhealthy dependent relationship or attachment to Yvonne. As Things are only beginning to be set up and a temporary and clearly unstable reconciliation will only make the eventual and potential more harmful scenarios caused by the villain system that much of a true threat Yvonne and Elsa have to genuinely try to solve as they grow to genuinely love each other while understand the limits in order to not hurt each other

To reply you must either login or sign up.